Let Iron Fist 4 die on the vine?

Options
VariableJ
VariableJ Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
First here is my current roster: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/VariableJ/

TL;DR:
All but 2 2*;s champed (moonstone and johnny storm)
9 3*'s champed with 3 ready to go once I get the iso
Scattered 4* covers, with Medusa, Carol and Gwenpool with the most at 5

I just rostered Luke Cage 4* (black) since he was essential for the latest event. Now I have ~900 HP and Iron Fist 4* (blue) about to expire. Do I bother rostering him? I hear he is not great.

Also, in general, when I get 4*'s should I prioritize rostering them at this point (even though they are borderline useless at 1 cover) or continue adding 3*'s and sell off the 4's if I don't have the HP? I have a bunch of 3's in my queue that are not in packs anymore and they just don't seem worth it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hard to say.
    Fist is not great, but you'll be pulling covers for him for a long time.

TBH I'd sell off that one cover Hulkbuster. He's not going to do you any good at one cover, and he's vaulted.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    If you're willing to spend on roster slots, you should definitely roster everyone. It will help with essential nodes in PvE down the road.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fist is ok. There are teams he can excel in. I'd roster him. 
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Hard to say.

TBH I'd sell off that one cover Hulkbuster. He's not going to do you any good at one cover, and he's vaulted.

Uh, Hulkbuster is vaulted - so if you sell him now, then you likely won't see him again until he's a required character in a future PvE. That means no burrito for you either. 

And when he is an essential character, you will also have to do an optimal day 1 clear without him (7x per node) to make up for missing his essential node if you want to reach progression. Plus you'll have to have the HP on hand to re-roster him right away for the rest of the event. 

Sell a 2* instead - they're easy to reacquire. You should be rotating them once they're max champed anyway, so it won't slow you down much. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Hard to say.

Uh, Hulkbuster is vaulted - so if you sell him now, then you likely won't see him again until he's a required character in a future PvE. That means no burrito for you either. 

And when he is an essential character, you will also have to do an optimal day 1 clear without him (7x per node) to make up for missing his essential node if you want to reach progression. Plus you'll have to have the HP on hand to re-roster him right away for the rest of the event. 

Sell a 2* instead - they're easy to reacquire. You should be rotating them once they're max champed anyway, so it won't slow you down much. 

If Hulkbuster is required you can win him for T10 in the previous PVE.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes. Yes you can. 

(sell a 2*) :wink: