*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    He is *almost* completely useless against minions.

However, he's pretty good at getting out in front when a bomb is about to go off. I kinda feel bad about sending a blind guy into a minefield, but another daredevil blew me up once, so I figure it's karma.
  • I've used him the same way as psylocke - as a meat shield when the other team is about to get an attack off. Since I"m really just using C Storm and MN Mags even when I have Punisher as the third, it's not too big a problem.
  • I would try to level him if I had the covers.

I like the idea behind him but at base level he's just a bodyguard for C.Storm.
  • theres a storyline to all these events, and im supposed to believe nick fury is purposefully sending daredevil out to fight the people hes worst against.. i dunno man, i guess he wants daredevil to leave the avengers..
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Apparently the Devs forgot to make the event 508 Compliant....

I am sure no one will get the joke, but it makes me laugh.
  • Clint wrote:
    Apparently the Devs forgot to make the event 508 Compliant....

I am sure no one will get the joke, but it makes me laugh.

icon_lol.gif

(I'm a teacher)
  • Because:
    1) he sucks
    2) everyone knows he sucks
    3) they need to give some incentive to use him. Same reason why cap is boosted for almost every event
  • But he could just be mandatory vs 3 dark avengers, or vs the hood, instead of vs 3 guys who can't fall for his traps. Caps is one of the best ways a 2* team can beat those level 230 goons that appear at time, so at at least he has a saving grace.

Please, makes us use characters when it makes sense. Right now, it's like sending a telepath vs some sentinels, or sending magneto against enemies made of plastic.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Typhon13 wrote:
    Because:
    1) he sucks
    2) everyone knows he sucks
    3) they need to give some incentive to use him. Same reason why cap is boosted for almost every event

Cap was a lot of fun in the last PvE - I was surprised

Daredevil is a joke I have never used one of his powers. At least with my weak Psylocke I can use her black power since no one uses black on my teams- Maybe a full level Daredevil... naaaah
  • If there was a petition to downgrade Daredevil from 3* to 2*, think it could get enough signatures?
  • gobstopper wrote:
    If there was a petition to downgrade Daredevil from 3* to 2*, think it could get enough signatures?

nah, that would make him more likely to show up in standard and heroic tokens...
  • It's to make the missions tougher.

I will say his red isn't completely useless on minions though. When you break it, it does a little extra damage and retraps. It's a nice chunk of extra damage when all the red tiles are trapped.

Then storm destroys her own team's traps >.>
  • The easiest way to nerf his **** slap animation is to not let it activate at all.
  • Daredevil is insanely powerful. The offset to fighting minions is that matching traps yields more AP or adds damage.

The problem with traps I have is that minions countdown tiles overwrite.
  • Needs a buff and/or rework. Seems fun and useful, is garbage and mind-numbingly slow in execution. Allow placement of trap tiles and make them work in parallel with other tile types rather than against (isn't that the point of having the trap symbol be on the outline of a given tile rather than the center? What's wrong with having a strike tile be a trap tile at the same time?).
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Daredevil is insanely powerful. The offset to fighting minions is that matching traps yields more AP or adds damage.

The problem with traps I have is that minions countdown tiles overwrite.

I think Daredevil's problem is that people don't have him leveled or with the covers. He also suffers from the irrelevent blue problem that all new characters have because there's pretty much never a reason to use anyone's blue ability as long as ATU/Magnetic Field is around, but that should be fixed eventually via a nerf to those two overwhelmingly powerful blue abilities.

If Magneto classic only has 2 covers in each and level 50, he'd look pretty weak too.
  • The main reason I don't like Daredevil at all is that all of his abilities depend on the opponent matching a tile. If he had 1 or even 2 trap tile abilities and a strong and useful instant ability he would be fine, but now he is way too passive for my taste. Since they gave us the opportunity to test him buffed in the ISO event, I tried a couple of times to use his red, just to see what happens. Both times he placed the trap in a red tile in a corner with no way for me or the opponent to make a match. The second time this happened I knew I would never use him again. Most of the time he is a waste of AP.

What I am sad about is that today I decided to open 13 of my 48 standard tokens I have saved. Standard 1* covers until the tenth token. Then came a 2* Bag Man and the final 2 were purple Daredevil. I expended all my luck for this month for 2 purple DD. What a waste. I will keep him in my roster since he is 4/2/1, but he is stuck at 20 lv indefinitely.
  • Part of the problem is that, with him showcased in matches he's poorly suited to, it gives people the worst possible venue to see how to play him and makes him look worse than he is. I've used mine a few times in matches against non-minions and he can be very effective; he's just a little tricky to use and a little chancy.
  • Have you ever considered that it's done just to make some encounters more challenging?

My whole thought on it is, "at least it's not Bagman"
  • Tolken wrote:
    Have you ever considered that it's done just to make some encounters more challenging?

My whole thought on it is, "at least it's not Bagman"

I realize that's probably why they did it, but I'm talking about the effect it will have on what people think of Dardevil, not why they did it.