Gwenpoole or Blade

Options
Wagnbat
Wagnbat Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
I have level 70 4* Blade and Gwenpoole. I also have a cover for each rotting away (Blade 5 days, GP 10 days) and both are 13/13. So... Which do I champ? I only have enough ISO to champ one. 

My other champed 4's are Luke Cage, Jean Grey, Spider Woman, and Captain Marvel.  I use Wasp, Medusa, and Captain Marvel most often, though Wasp and Medusa are 11/13.

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It depends on your focus.  If you're primarily PvE, Gwenpool is very handy.  It requires you have a cheat sheet on hand to make use of 'sploits, but the ability to strip away countdowns and specials is a real health pack saver.  But she's not great in PvP, because her sploits will be random and the attacker might be able to isolate Chekov's gun from ever getting matched, making her effectively useless.

Blade is a much bigger threat in PvP, because if the conditions are right he can get out of hand real quick.  Pair him up with characters who are normally "target first" like Medusa, Cage, or Peggy, and you force the opponent to pick their poison.  But he doesn't really have any bells and whistles for PvE.  If the board is light on red he's thoroughly lackluster.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    I agree that it comes down to what you prefer to play, but also your playstyle.

If you like big dmg all at once, go with Gwen. If you are more a damage of time person, then blade fits that role well with a bit of added aoe to boot.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since you are already using wasp and carol, I found that blade works well with them. Gwenpool not so much. So he can be a good alternative to switch with medusa.
    I am guessing that right now with your wasp,medusa, carol team you priorotise yellow, then blue. With blade, you start with blue and go from there
  • Wagnbat
    Options
    Luke Cage really feels like my anchor right now...  I love his ability to block massive amounts of DMG and I do prioritize yellow unless I am using Wasp.

Medusa has been unused until the last couple weeks, when I started noticing her at the top of most of the PVP rosters.  Don't want to be trendy in that regards, but there seems like little choice.

I'm leaning towards Gwenpool...  I do tend to enjoy PVE more than PVE...  
  • Wagnbat
    Options
    Thank you, I've decided to go with Gwen.