*** Black Panther (T'Challa) ***

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you've already got 1 black cover then consider spending USD25 to make it to 5 black covers for the BOOM! (Based on the price of 20K HP for USD100)
  • Yeah the blue and yellow are bugged.

should be 1 strike tile + 1 for each 15 ap. So dumb to have 15 drained and get the same result as if you had 15-29 ap.

and blue lvl 1 to lvl 2 is just a brainfart.

Anyways - black seems a bit OP, but the ap it gives its opponent is not the one he has the most quantity in, but the strongest colour. This won't make it balanced at max level, but i.e. if the opponent only has ragnarock standing it will guaranteed feed him red or green. Tested it a bunch of time now - it always gives a colour that the ai has use for, but how it exactly defines "strongest" is beyond me atm.
  • you would think the whole purpose of nerfing would be unfair pvp, this could be easily taken care of in pvp with stunning, and stealing ap. Therefore should not be nerfed imo
  • Another purpose of nerfing is if they accidentally creat a wildly overpowered character that is completely out of line with where they are supposed to be.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    This is far more powerful than Spidey blue.

Spidey blue requires dozens of moves to grind down the other team.

BP black can win a match in under a dozen moves.

A BP team run well should win at least 3-4 matches in the time it takes to win a single stun lock match.
  • mecha wrote:
    BP is buffed in the first pic above (a PVP featuring BP). Current max unbuffed is 4048, as posted in character discussion thread.

Anyway, imagine having a team of maxed Patch and maxed BP, accumulating 9 green AP and 12 black AP. BOOM! Sweet, sweet DPS!

Throw in the Hood just because. On offense BP will tank every color for him and it would give Patch plenty of tiles for Best there Is.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Tested it a bunch of time now - it always gives a colour that the ai has use for, but how it exactly defines "strongest" is beyond me atm.
    I always thought it's the colour that the AI has the most damage on?
  • locked wrote:
    Tested it a bunch of time now - it always gives a colour that the ai has use for, but how it exactly defines "strongest" is beyond me atm.
    I always thought it's the colour that the AI has the most damage on?

Yeah Maybe.
  • so what is everyone else thinking with the current state of he BP Black?

I have mine @ 1/1/2 now (lv 30) and am considering using some saved HP to max his black and take advantage while the getting is good.

but having played this game from day 1 and knowing all too well how things are done, im a little reluctant.

any feedback on what you guys think about this is appreciated.

marc
  • djsquillz wrote:
    so what is everyone else thinking with the current state of he BP Black?

I have mine @ 1/1/2 now (lv 30) and am considering using some saved HP to max his black and take advantage while the getting is good.

but having played this game from day 1 and knowing all too well how things are done, im a little reluctant.

any feedback on what you guys think about this is appreciated.

marc

If they nerf his black it will hopefully not be a massive one.
  • locked wrote:
    Do ho ho, I can clearly see flocks of players spending HP and ISO on T'Challa in hopes of reaping the short term rewards (and maybe just doing that for some time) and the inevitable nerfing.
    Cue the next OP character.

I'm definitely thinking about using hp for a black cover or two. I have 6650 hp saved up and my roster situation is 33/41 (I'm a Steam player and bought all the packs when they were on super sale). Right now I have him at 1/2/2 from the recent tournaments and leveled him to 41. Boosted, at level 2, he does 1106 aoe damage. Bumping to level 3 takes it to 1422, but I'd be able to increase his level so that would go up a bit. I have a 130 5/3/5 Patch and a 86 5/5/3 Spidey that would run great with this guy, and depending on how long it takes to nerf Spidey and BP, might be the best team available for the foreseeable future. As people have mentioned, a Patch green into a BP black is just nasty.

Problem is, I see the nerf coming and I don't like wasting hp at all. I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to HP (if you can't tell) I've only bought one 3star cover and that was Punisher Green which helped me tremendously during the Brotherhood tournament. I'll probably see how my level 41 plays in the tournament and see if I think the extra bump would make a real difference. I like sitting on hp, but I have to spend it eventually.
  • Why would they nerf his black? It's not spammable and all the 3 star characters can survive it's attack at higher levels (even some 2 star heroes). It will leave you decimated, but not dead.

If anything, its an easy way for the AI to get cheap damage on you and leaving you running for the health packs (ie: timers). Which is exactly what they want.

I think it's the same reason why they haven't nerfed C.Mag yet.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    If I had to guess somewhere down the line his black will be nerfed and the other two will be buffed. Both his yellow and blue are buggy atm.

The bonus for putting a 2nd cover into his blue is you can have 3 Protect tiles.... Yet at level 1 you can already have 3 protect tiles so 2nd cover in blue does nothing other than raise level cap atm. This was clearly an oversight and will be changed so you get SOME benefit from 2nd cover. Will probably be a small buff but a buff none the less.

Using Yellow with 15 to 29 Environmental AP is currently worse than using it with 0-14 Environmental AP. If you have 15-29 E. AP it will take 15 E. AP and make 1 Strike tile. If you have less than 15 E. AP it will take 0 E. AP and make 1 strike tile. This is stupid and counter intuitive so I could see them changing it to make 1 tile + 1 per 15 AP similar to spider man's stun. Bigger than the probable blue buff but still not huge.

His black is insane. How someone with that kind of HP can have that kind of AOE nuke is beyond me. Fun observation. It calculates strongest AP to give BEFORE damage. So if you use it and it kills the person with the strongest AP color and the rest of the team cant use that color enjoy your no downside tactical nuke. Obviously there is already no downside if the whole team dies but being able to mitigate the downside even with survivors is nice.
  • Let's put it this way, if his ability hits a single guy for 4000 damage for 12 black with the same drawback, it'd still be very overpowered. Sure Summon Demons and 2 Psi-Katanas could do more damage than that, but you also might have the attack tiles destroyed immediately too due to some freak accident. It's hard to beat getting someone instantly dead.

I don't see this abilty doing more than 2000 damage to team after they're done balancing it. 12 black is just way too cheap for an ability like this. Even at doing half the damage, it's still competitive with Sniper Rifle in terms of damage per AP spent, and being able to use it 7 AP eariler is usually more than enough to offset the drawback.
  • akboyce wrote:
    This was clearly an oversight and will be changed so you get SOME benefit from 2nd cover. Will probably be a small buff but a buff none the less.

Or the first cover will be nerfed to just give two protect tiles.
  • I don't know what they were thinking. It seems like a money grab or very poor job in character design/testing. Especially with how they are "fun balancing" other characters to make them less OP.

I respected most of their decisions, so I hope we get some explanation fast. Otherwise, they are losing credibility imo.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah he either needs to become a glass cannon, less health or have a massive rebalance in power. That damage on 1 person seems reasonable
  • Ugh - I'm conflicted. Want to just dump HP on this guy as he looks to be the ideal guy to drop into Spidey's slot soon, but with ISO constraints I may just stockpile and wait for the x-force bump before making my move. Also want to see if he's offered in any tourney over the next week or so first.

Definitely regretting pushing Psylocke to 100+ as she was fun to play with buffed but wasn't really a deterrent in her tourney. I doubt we'll see BP nerfed right away - it won't be until their data indicates that there's an imbalance, and that's likely a month or two down the road.
  • The only possible explanation I can think of is when they designed the ability, they thought the drawback was 5 AP of all colors, not that it matters since most of the time when this is used, there isn't going to be anyone left alive on the other side if you have any clue as to when to use it.