*** The Hood (Classic) ***

Comments

• I'm all for trying to keep Hood out of harms way as much as possible, but there's often no real point to completely covering him - if he's the last guy on your team left standing, you're probably in trouble. Sure, if there's a board full of strike tiles, or all you need is one twin pistols or intimidation to down the opponent, you'll escape. But he's not set up to be a direct damage dealer so if he's all you've got left, it's an uphill battle. The way I see it is that he's great because he's so versatile and you can plug him into most any other team you want, but I personally wouldn't design a team around keeping Hood in the back by covering all his colors just to increase his ability to survive. If you want to do it to increase Patch's damage, that's a different story.
  • quazi44 wrote:
    I'm all for trying to keep Hood out of harms way as much as possible, but there's often no real point to completely covering him - if he's the last guy on your team left standing, you're probably in trouble. Sure, if there's a board full of strike tiles, or all you need is one twin pistols or intimidation to down the opponent, you'll escape. But he's not set up to be a direct damage dealer so if he's all you've got left, it's an uphill battle. The way I see it is that he's great because he's so versatile and you can plug him into most any other team you want, but I personally wouldn't design a team around keeping Hood in the back by covering all his colors just to increase his ability to survive. If you want to do it to increase Patch's damage, that's a different story.

+1

I have a maxed hood who takes a ton of damage but it's quite alright...if someone on my team goes down first it's him, which is how I want it, I'd prefer he go down instead of a real damage dealer...by that point in the match he's usually done his part (feed me AP and cripple the other team)
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks to respect I was finally able to fix my Hood, 5/5/3 is a ton of fun
  • Hissori
    Hissori Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Well, I have hood maxed at 141 5/5/3. I use him quite a bit actually. But the best use I've found is in a match with 3 countdown villans (ie. Hammer, Brotherhood, etc.)

Grab Hood, and Retro BW and your choice of tank/damage.

All my battles are 230 and I can sit there and not take any damage with this setup unless you have that super super **** start board. (or perhaps I shouldn't say that on here icon_razz.gif)

BW is there to gain purple and steal AP. Her blue is an emergency to increase countdown tiles in case you have a **** board. Hoods passive just keeps topping off your AP. And then you have his yellow charged in no time. If tiles get to 1 then you blast them with yellow all while gaining even more AP. You end up with so much AP you just keep blasting them with your damage toon. Add Hulk to help thin the countdown tiles with his green to make this even easier.

With this setup too, he's the only "black" skill. So as you gain black (fast) you just keep firing it off for 800-900 a pop, actually does make a dent in the enemy's health because you can keep fireing it off. I don't use it for countdown reduction hardly ever.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got my Hood to 4/5/1 and in 4 days will get my 5th yellow cover. He is absolutely my favorite character right now. I don't care when I get another black as I need a lot of ISO to even worry about more covers, but hell at 5/5/0 this guy would be awesome. he can really get you out of jams, and really slows the other team up, I like pairing him up with Punisher right now as even though there blacks clash, they actually work welly together, once you get enough attack tiles out, you can opt to start using Hood's black instead of Punisher's. While Punisher does AoE damage, when you get down to 1 target, the Hood's is better and he reduces the CD of the timers, thus creating more attack tiles faster, they don't complete with the other colors and the Hood gets you red and green, loving this two together, might have to spend HP to get him up to 5/5/3 soon.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    So frustrated going against the Hood in the current PVE. What are the tactics to use against him?
  • kensterr wrote:
    So frustrated going against the Hood in the current PVE. What are the tactics to use against him?

Focus on 1-2 colors, use stuns if possible. He has low HP, so try to go for something with big spike damage like Ares' Sunder as opposed to just making strike tiles and playing for the long game. Hood/Juggernaut is basically the most difficult combination of 230's to deal with, so don't feel too bad if you're dying a lot.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are reds and greens on the board, so even if he doesn't match them, he still steals those colors from me... feeding Juggs and Rags, two characters with 6AP requirements for red and green. ****. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Celerity wrote:
    kensterr wrote:

Focus on 1-2 colors, use stuns if possible. He has low HP, so try to go for something with big spike damage like Ares' Sunder as opposed to just making strike tiles and playing for the long game. Hood/Juggernaut is basically the most difficult combination of 230's to deal with, so don't feel too bad if you're dying a lot.
    IMO Daken/Bullseye are worse
  • I'd rather face a team of three 230 Hoods than 1 230 Daken.

True story.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    The Hood is climbing in my esteem rapidly.
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Yeah he's exactly my type of character. Unfortunately I'm only going to be getting my 1st cover of him in the next couple days. Gotta hope for some luck in LRs or see him show up as rewards in PvP. What are my chances of getting anywhere in a LR featuring him if all I've got for Villains is a 70 Magneto, 15 doom and my soon to be 1 yellow cover Hood?
  • I am undecided who on to level next, The Hood 4/4/3 or Black Panther 2/1/1. I don't want to level The Hood just because he currently has more covers than BP though. Both have nice qualities. Hood's annoyance is redeeming to me icon_e_biggrin.gif

My main team is 141 Spidey/Patch and 130 Pun/Hulk/Mags as my rotating 3rd. But two of them are getting the nerfbat.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kyoku wrote:
    I am undecided who on to level next, The Hood 4/4/3 or Black Panther 2/1/1. I don't want to level The Hood just because he currently has more covers than BP though. Both have nice qualities. Hood's annoyance is redeeming to me icon_e_biggrin.gif

My main team is 141 Spidey/Patch and 130 Pun/Hulk/Mags as my rotating 3rd. But two of them are getting the nerfbat.

I say the The Hood, we know BP's gonna get altered as his black is too good. Btw I get my 5th yellow hood tommorow. He'll be 5/5/1 woo hoo
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    I say the The Hood, we know BP's gonna get altered as his black is too good. Btw I get my 5th yellow hood tommorow. He'll be 5/5/1 woo hoo

Congrats! I get my 4th Yellow this Saturday, which I already factored into my last post (4/4/3). I was leaning towards the Hood for that reason as well. I wish I had more time for LRs so I can finish out my Hood (need 1 Yellow and 1 Blue).
  • To all the owners of max-leveled Hood: are you happy with him? Or do you wish you had kept him a bit lower for durability purpose? Mine is currently sitting at 100, so he is not tanking anything except black (I use him with a 141 Patch and a various third).

I'm torn whether to invest iso into him or not. Is a lvl141 Hood a good deterrent for pvp, or is it the same as lvl100? Also, at which level Hood passes 52 in yellow? Thanks!
  • @gahu You can check the wikia for tile strengths at every level: http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... d_(Classic)
  • Thanks, Gobstopper! So, level 103. I'm still undecided icon_e_sad.gif
  • I would think that the following team would be pretty powerful for The Hood

The Hood : y5(15) / b5(p) /bk3(9)
    Spiderman : y4(10) / b5(2) /p4(p)
    Magneto Classic : b3(7) / r(2) / p5(10)

Both Spiderman and Magneto have super cheap spamable abilities and the Hood would just feed them.

Spiderman blue 2 at max level - stun
    Magneto Classic red 2 at max level - spam damage

Magentos purple wouldnt interfer with spidermans yellow web tiles

Both have protection abilities but in different colors to help offset the lower health. There is no green for this team and 2 options for yellow and blue

Hood yellow generate more AP or clear opponents special tile, or spiderman healing
    Spiderman stun (go to option) or magnetos protection

Hoods got highest critical so Id place him as team lead since he an spidy have same attack level of yellow. only other match is spidey/mag green. Its my understanding that Team leader gets the go ahead attack when there is a tie for a color match.
  • gahudahu wrote:
    Thanks, Gobstopper! So, level 103. I'm still undecided icon_e_sad.gif

The best lvl for Hood depends on the team and that teams match damage in yellow, blue and black.

Yellow
    - IW at max lvl has a higher match damage
    - Spidey and Black Panther have equal

Blue
    - Magnetto Classic and IW have a higher match damage
    - Black Widow Grey suit and Black Panther have equal

Black
    - Punisher has a higher match damage
    - Hulk, Black Panther and Black Widow Grey suit have equal

Given that more characters have equal match damage then greater I would suggest lvl 139. Which has one point less yellow, blue and black match damage. I would level past lvl 103 as that increases the Hoods dismal health and Intimidation does scale, of course given thats all it does it wouldn't be my number one proirity.

While ETC bugs is right, I would be resistant to using Mags Classic and Spidey as both are on the Nerf list so its really only a temporary line up and your still vunerable when matching black.

I suggest. Black Panther, at max lvl he has 7250 HP, can create protect and strike tiles and has excatly the same colors and order as the Hood meaning complete protection while Black Panther is alive. Essentially your enemy is going to have to do 11,529 damage before they can stop the Hood from leaching them. You can then use the last slot to fill with whoever you wish which is great for events where certian characters are powered up. Also defense grid and intimidation work nicely together making that 11,529 damage even harder to achieve. You can also use yellow ap to either generate enviromental ap or when you have enough generate strike tiles. This Hood also takes away some of the harshness of rage of the panther as Hood will be stealing back the Ap the other team gets. I can almost guarntee that they had the Hood in mind when they built Black Panther.