Yondu and his whisteling arrow ?
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 said:
    D4Ni13 said:

MPQ 127!

"Stop me if you've heard this one"

Couldn't be. Players actually want him added.
    True. I want him so bad.

But if they don't add him now, I don't think there will be a future time for that, having the volume 2 events in mind... 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    D4Ni13 said:

MPQ 127!

"Stop me if you've heard this one"

Couldn't be. Players actually want him added.
    True. I want him so bad.

But if they don't add him now, I don't think there will be a future time for that, having the volume 2 events in mind... 
    It's called Blu-Ray release date. Like Mordo with Dr. Strange. I'd call it 75% Yondu with Blu-Ray, 25% Nebula. Or 70%, 25%, then 5% Mantis.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    [Installs update, opens app and starts a match, crashes]

Well, maybe next time.
  • grewhorio
    grewhorio Posts: 87 Match Maker
    deadtaco said:
    [Installs update, opens app and starts a match, crashes]

Well, maybe next time.
    Same.

Had a terrible crash hopping for 1200 yesterday at end of Top Gun PVP too. Cost me placement and boosts and etc... could(n't) believe it.

Also not sure I like the new UI when clicking on a tile accidentally. It brings up the explanation of the tile but then the x is way up in the top since the explanation is so big... 
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I also found Spidey Super Stories issues 21, on one of the last pages, it had a joke about a chicken. The Wit of the Web-Slinger, Spidey says "Stop me if you've heard this one!" On which side does... a chicken have more feathers?   I give up.     On the outside. Sqwawk! On cover was Spider-Man and Doc Oc.

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

On my tablet the update wasn't in the Android store.  I opened MPQ, Great News, there's a forced update.  In the past there has been a skip option, I didn't see it this time.

Thank the stars there wasn't an Android version of the iOS mishap.

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:

• Matching a Fortified tile will now generate AP, deal damage, and activate trap and Countdown tiles when applicable.
    Does this mean something like X-23 purple trap tile can be triggered multiple times?

I.e. you match a fortified trap tile, it triggers and loses the fortified status but remains on the board?
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    I really like how you guys guessing that (great) characters, when you all know that they are not going to be implemeted in the game.
    We all know that new character are:
    - not Xmen
    - main characters in MCU movies (and by this I really mean MCU, so not Fox, not 21th century and so on...)
    - main character in Netflix series
    - remake of all classic character who we all love by that NEW childish variants, just because Marvel needs to promote new comics (like: All new Wolverine, all new Thor, all new Hulk, ... Gwenpool,
    - will be in next MCU movies: Inhumans,
    - will have new series: Cloak and Dagger...

who did I miss?

Seriously tell me, when did we get character, who was not in this patters (linked by Marvel itself) ???

Maybe original Dark avengers from times more than 3 years ago?
    Correct me, if Im wrong (actually I will be glad).

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Phillipes said:
    I really like how you guys guessing that (great) characters, when you all know that they are not going to be implemeted in the game.
    - not Xmen
    - main characters in MCU movies (and by this I really mean MCU, so not Fox, not 21th century and so on...)
    - remake of all classic character who we all love by that NEW childish variants, just because Marvel needs to promote new comics (like: All new Wolverine, all new Thor, all new Hulk, ... Gwenpool,

who did I miss?

Seriously tell me, when did we get character, who was not in this patters (linked by Marvel itself) ???

4* Blade.  Wasp.  Agent Venom.  Agent Coulson (yes, TV, but not new and it wasn't even at season start).  Captain Marvel (yes, movie forthcoming, but hasn't even started filming).  None are "childish" although Blade and Capt Marvel are variants.  Most are even very useful.

They have a new character every two weeks.  There are not enough shows or movies to just try to synergize with those....
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I note that there is an (obscure to me) character named Echo, an associate of Daredevil, whose name seems to fit the clue.
  • knightfall
    knightfall Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Seriously?? The check internet connection bug is back!!
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    An ally had this and he restarted the phone. It fixed the issue
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    For everyone having problems with the update, which device are you on?  I'm not updating until I get some confirmation it is safe.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    For everyone having problems with the update, which device are you on?  I'm not updating until I get some confirmation it is safe.
    Works fine on my Samsung and iPhone.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 697 Critical Contributor

"Stop me if you've heard this one."

Jackie Jokers confirmed!

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    Brigby said:

• Matching a Fortified tile will now generate AP, deal damage, and activate trap and Countdown tiles when applicable.
    Does this mean something like X-23 purple trap tile can be triggered multiple times?

I.e. you match a fortified trap tile, it triggers and loses the fortified status but remains on the board?
    It seems to indicate that.  I haven't tried it with a trap (getting a fortified trap tile is possible, but not trivial), but @Ducky and I tested it with 4* Deadpool purple, 4* Medusa red, and 4* Wolverine yellow, all of which produce countdowns that have an effect when matched.  All three of them produced their effect as if they had been matched normally and lost their fortification, while the countdowns remained on the board.

I'm burying the lede here a little: I haven't tested it yet, but this will be huge for 4* Rocket and Groot green.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phillipes said:
    - not Xmen

who did I miss?

You can't say "no new characters are X-Men" and then "they haven't deviated from this since the Dark Avengers were released 3 years ago" and look at the plethora of X-Men actually in the game and consider this a serious argument. The fact that we haven't had any X-Men recently doesn't invalidate that we DO have a decent number of X-Men in the game, and that the last time we had X-Men we had so many new ones in a row that people got tired of them. Yes, there are numerous X-Men characters people would like that aren't in the game. X-Men are still roughly 10% of the characters we have.

Are you here to have a discussion, or to just be angry and kick up dirt at nothing? Based on the tone of your post, I'd suspect the latter. (especially since the given clue for this release heavily points at ONE character that doesn't fit any of your criteria)
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Phillipes said:
    - not Xmen

who did I miss?

4* Blade.  Wasp.  Agent Venom.  Agent Coulson (yes, TV, but not new and it wasn't even at season start).  Captain Marvel (yes, movie forthcoming, but hasn't even started filming).  None are "childish" although Blade and Capt Marvel are variants.  Most are even very useful.

They have a new character every two weeks.  There are not enough shows or movies to just try to synergize with those....

I'm not in complete agreement with Phillipes, but he has a bit of a point (I just don't think he's making it well). We got Captain Marvel around the time her comic series was getting relaunched for the 4th(?) time. I'm sure well get the 5* version when the movie comes out. Coulson still counts as a TV character even though it wasn't at the start of AoS season. Agent Venom was in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. Cloak and Dagger have a show coming up on whatever they're calling ABC Family now.

Wasp and Blade are outliers, but there some connection (and I admit this is reaching here, but bare with me). Wasp debuted around the time Marvel launched it's new Wasp series. Though it doesn't star Janet, so it's not a one to one kind of thing. Blade was actually set to have a new series that would have launched around Halloween when we got him. He was supposed to star him and a newly created daughter, but the writer quit the book before it launched due to pressure from twitter.

Between all the movies, TV shows, cartoons, and comics I think they could do a new character every 2 weeks easily to tie into stuff. This year alone still have:
    Spider-Man: Homecoming that should give us a new Spidey and (fingers crossed) some new villains like Vulture and Shocker
    Inhumans mini series that will probably give us Karnak, Crystal, and (again fingers crossed) Maximus
    Thor Ragnarok that should give us 5* Thor, gladiator Hulk, maybe Valkyrie, and (once again fingers crossed) Hela
    Defenders netflix show could give us a new Daredevil, Jessica Jones, new Elektra, whoever Weaver is playing
    GotG2 dvd release will probably get Mantis or Yondu out there

That's at least 8 months worth of characters and I'm not counting all the possible characters (Lockjaw!). They just announced a Runaways series and a New Warriors featuring Squirrel Girl comedy show. No idea when those will debut, but it'll give them plenty of new characters to pull from. And the comics are set to have a line wide relaunch in the wake of Secret Empire that I'm sure will give us more variants and new characters. And who knows what cartoons they'll have between now and the end of the year. Marvel is a machine right now.