*** Black Panther (T'Challa) ***

Comments

• 12 AP for 12k damage, what the flying tinykitty. Was this character even tested?

That aside, what do you guys think is the best build? I'm kind of underwhelmed by the yellow, but I think I'd still max it over blue, since getting 5 protect tiles out at once seems kind of unlikely? Also I feel like there are more good blue abilities than yellow ones at the moment.
  • Pair him up with Dr Doom (not on defense), and BOOM!

9 Blue = Insta-gib.

Even faster than Grey Widows gun o'death.

What's the best suggested build? I know 5 in black.

Is it 3/5/5
    5/3/5
    4/4/5

Personally I am thinking 4/4/5, because like Daredevil, he has one awesome skill, and the other 2 just suck.

His yellow most likely won't generate as much strength as Punisher's green, and his protect tiles need 2 effing turns to kick in.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Im... undecided o.o

I was hoping to pair him with my punisher because of the need of a yellow skill, but his is... a bit underwhelming :/

On the other hand if u lvl him high he is a nice defensive wall to place in front of a weaker char like widow or hood. He can just tank whatever dmg the opponent throws at u and for whatever is missed u have the tiles o.o

... I really want to pair him with my Punisher / OBW team *sigh*
    Why cant his yellow be the protect skill :/
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    I think they rush too much when making this character.
    His black is obviously beast a 5 cover and max lv. But with only 2 black i have in him now its seem meh.

His yellow is so underwhelming. It throw out 1 average strike tile for the price of 9 AP.(deal no damage). Yes you can add more strike tiles if you have environment AP. But the way this aspect of the skill work is so so stupid. If you have 0 EAP it will create 1 strike tile, if you have 15EAP guess what it also create 1 strike tile but it also drain your EAP. Even at 29EAP you still only get 1 EAP. You need at least 30 Environment AP for this skill to be better than when you have 0 Environment AP. It Should be: Converts one random basic Yellow tile into strength 9 Strike tile PLUS ONE for every 15 Environment AP the team has. So that when you have 15 EAP it will create 2 strike tiles because using a skill that drain an addition 15 EAP should not be the same as using a skill that drain 0 EAP.

His blue is ok but not sure what they are smoking(i would like to have some of that) when they make it so that 2 cover in blue is exactly the same as having 1 cover in blue. I am pretty sure it should had been Level 2: Max 4 Protect tiles out at a time, but since they rush it they made it 3 instead of 4.

Right now i only have 2/2/2 on him and he is absolute C R A P. Only skill worth using is his black skill.

If they do realize their mistake on Defense grid(his blue skill) and fix it as i suggested. The best build would be 5/3/5. If not then 4/4/5 would be better as at 4 blue you can put out 5 defense tile and the increase from 4yellow-5yellow is not that big.

I wish they would just take their time and make a sensible character instead of rushing to meet the quota.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Justdangit wrote:
    I wish they would just take their time and make a sensible character instead of rushing to meet the quota.
    In smooth British voice: money, dear boy. Money.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Just looking for people's thoughts on the over under...
    Currently, BP's 12 cost Black should cap at around 6k damage to enemy team for only 12 ap.
    BUT he has the same health as IM40, instead of GreyWidow.
  • Has it been confirmed by someone who has leveled it to max?
    Who knows, the skill might have a cumalative curve that caps the damage at much lower at 141.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2014
    Wow, and after using the ability he just gives 5 AP to the other team?!?!?!?!? But if all the other team is going to be dead!!! By the way, the max damage at 141-level 5 is 4048 (someone put a screen cap in his character description). 12k in damage for 12 black !!!

This could be one of the most powerful abilities in the game (right after Spidey blue and Magneto blue). IM40 needs to get buffed. 20 blue and 2 AP from any other color and it does far less damage than this ability? Ridiculous. Or As you said allmost the same damage than GSBW but with 50% more hit points. This one is going to be a regular in zero time, at least in defense configuration (very easy to the IA to use and with a ton of HP) :S
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    First, let people spend on BP! No nerfage until then.
  • Balance Suggestion:

Nerf L141/5 Rage of the Panther to about 3,000 damage, while increasing the amount of AP given to the enemy per level.

L1: Gives 5 AP of every colour
    L2: Gives 6 AP of every colour
    L3: Gives 7 AP of every colour
    L4: Gives 8 AP of every colour
    L5: Gives 10 AP of every colour

Makes the double edged sword more balanced... slightly.
  • locked wrote:
    First, let people spend on BP! No nerfage until then.

I woukdnt put it past being the goal. They probably saw thier highest grossing peaks at some point during the flooding to ragnarok. Wouldn't be totally stupid to try it again. Of course, it could be they just weren't thinking when they made the ability...but I kinda hope its the former as opposed to just being completely balance inept. Of course, a third possibility is they are no ko.gr needing chara ters and instead making stronger and stronger characters...but that seems a little doubtful that they would 180 so quick.
  • The funniest thing is that people WILL spend money to get BP to a high level and once the funbalance hits all those people are still going to be just as outraged as before even though it's so obvious that a nerf is in order and it's been discussed since before the character was released.
  • Doragon wrote:
    Balance Suggestion:

Nerf L141/5 Rage of the Panther to about 3,000 damage, while increasing the amount of AP given to the enemy per level.

L1: Gives 5 AP of every colour
    L2: Gives 6 AP of every colour
    L3: Gives 7 AP of every colour
    L4: Gives 8 AP of every colour
    L5: Gives 10 AP of every colour

Makes the double edged sword more balanced... slightly.

It's already a double-edged sword, it's just that one edge is a butter knife and the other is the Masamune.
  • Pretty poor QA testing if they have to nerf him 1 day after his release. I sure am tempted to drop all my saved hero pts on him.
  • Polares wrote:
    Wow, and after using the ability he just gives 5 AP to the other team?!?!?!?!? But if all the other team is going to be dead!!! By the way, the max damage at 141-level 5 is 4048 (someone put a screen cap in his character description). 12k in damage for 12 black !!!

This could be one of the most powerful abilities in the game (right after Spidey blue and Magneto blue). IM40 needs to get buffed. 20 blue and 2 AP from any other color and it does far less damage than this ability? Ridiculous. Or As you said allmost the same damage than GSBW but with 50% more hit points. This one is going to be a regular in zero time, at least in defense configuration (very easy to the IA to use and with a ton of HP) :S

Max level!

2dwhu7o.jpg
    id574h.jpg
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Holy **** that's nuts. That will have to get nerfed. That's just stupid damage.
  • mecha
    mecha Posts: 9
    BP is buffed in the first pic above (a PVP featuring BP). Current max unbuffed is 4048, as posted in character discussion thread.

Anyway, imagine having a team of maxed Patch and maxed BP, accumulating 9 green AP and 12 black AP. BOOM! Sweet, sweet DPS!
  • L5: Kills entire enemy team, but gives enemy 30 AP in every color. Balanced enough?
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    mecha wrote:
    BP is buffed in the first pic above (a PVP featuring BP). Current max unbuffed is 4048, as posted in character discussion thread.

Anyway, imagine having a team of maxed Patch and maxed BP, accumulating 9 green AP and 12 black AP. BOOM! Sweet, sweet DPS!

+3 green and black AP boost, with rainbow boost. BOOM! goes 230 enemies
  • kensterr wrote:
    mecha wrote:

+3 green and black AP boost, with rainbow boost. BOOM! goes 230 enemies

Yup, it'll be like Rags all over again, matches will be over in seconds. I'm tempted to spend the money to get BP up to 5 Black, as even though I know full well he'll be nerfed, it will be fun to use him for a few weeks until D3 sort him out. The black damage per Ap is just ridiculous.