*** Black Panther (T'Challa) ***

Comments

• Unknown
    edited March 2014
    defense grid is a random blue countdown tile boo.

Boo! Looks like it's 5/3/5 then
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Not sure if anyone has pointed this out or not, but isn't Level 2 Defense Grid redundant? It states "Max 3 Protect tiles out at a time" but the Level 1 ability already stops at => 3

Edit - Either there is a secret damage increase or this is oversight. Going from Level 1 -> Level 2 in Defense Grid changes nothing
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2014
    IceIX wrote:
    Just snagged these from our debug build. His level scaling isn't set right at the moment (he should not have 11 Yellow damage at max level) so I don't have max stats. But here are his base level stats for each level. Note as always: This is off the debug build, he's not released yet and we may change things before he's in player hands.

9 AP - Battleplan
    Converts one random basic Yellow tile into a strength 9 Strike tile for each 15 environment AP the team has, consuming the AP in the process. (min 1 tile)
    Level 2: Increase strike tile strength to 13.
    Level 3: Increase strike tile strength to 16.
    Level 4: Increase strike tile strength to 20.
    Level 5: Increase strike tile strength to 23.

8 AP - Defense Grid
    Places a Blue Countdown tile that converts a basic color tile to a strength 9 Protect tile every 2 turns. If 3 or more Protect tiles are in play, conversion is suspended.
    Level 2: Max 3 protect tiles out at a time
    Level 3: Increases Protect strength to 14.
    Level 4: Max 5 protect tiles out at a time
    Level 5: Increases Protect strength to 18.

12 AP - Rage of the Panther
    Deals 248 damage to each enemy, but the enemy team gains 5 AP in their strongest color.
    Level 2: 347 damage.
    Level 3: 446 damage.
    Level 4: 546 damage.
    Level 5: 645 damage.

7250 max health, so tanky on the level of Iron Man (Model 40)

Hey guys, remember this? Was looking at my BP, and his black shows 435 damage at level 2, and 560 damage at level 3. If this is real, then he's going to be even CRAZIER than we originally thought. Someone with a lot of money needs to max his levels/black out and figure out exactly how much damage his black is going to do.

Edit: never mind, those were his buffed stats. Regular stats is showing exactly what IceIX told us. Someone still needs to max him out though.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Also Rage of the panther appears to be smart enough to give 5 AP of the teams strongest match of the strongest still living enemy team memebers. I was fighting C mags and Patch, gave 5 blues for C mags when we was highest and alive then i killed him and did it again and they received 5 green when it was only patch left.
  • MaxCavalera
    gamar wrote:

Boo! Looks like it's 3/5/3 then

Yeah he looks to be a firm 5/3/5 i think you mean.
  • Tossing a data point out there,

My 2/2/2 BP, cover-capped at 51, reads the following for Rage of the Panther:

At Level 2: 903 AoE damage.

At Level 3: 1161 AoE damage.

I think he really is going to make GSBW's Sniper Rifle look like a BB gun. Given the scaling above, at 5 covers at level 51, that would place his damage at 1679 AoE. icon_eek.gif
  • MaxCavalera
    Yeah the AP shouldn't hurt too bad when your smoking entire teams lol. Doc Doom's new pet panther perhaps?
  • gamar wrote:

Boo! Looks like it's 3/5/3 then

Yeah he looks to be a firm 5/3/5 i think you mean.

Yes! That is in fact what I meant

Also, a neat thing is that if you use his yellow with, say, 44 Environment AP, it only drains what it "uses," you'll have 14 environment AP left after you use it
  • MaxCavalera
    Yeah i drop a crit title into enviro tiles and then out pop 4 strike tiles pretty sweet.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    gobstopper wrote:
    Not sure if anyone has pointed this out or not, but isn't Level 2 Defense Grid redundant? It states "Max 3 Protect tiles out at a time" but the Level 1 ability already stops at => 3

Edit - Either there is a secret damage increase or this is oversight. Going from Level 1 -> Level 2 in Defense Grid changes nothing

Yeah level 2 blue seems to do nothing at all... maybe there's just a typo in the decription or I/we are just not getting the wording context right. icon_question.gif
  • gobstopper wrote:

I noticed that, too. I haven't found an answer to that question. I hope it's a misprint & they meant to write 4 tiles. Can someone with 2 in blue confirm?
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    edited March 2014
    *tries to test the protect tiles*

Edit:
    At lvl 1 I can place 3 protect tiles!
    I just tested it ^^

Gosh, his animations are yummy o.o
    .. hes worth keeping around just for those xD
  • MaxCavalera
    WesFaram wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:

I noticed that, too. I haven't found an answer to that question. I hope it's a misprint & they meant to write 4 tiles. Can someone with 2 in blue confirm?

Yeah at level 2 its still just 3 tiles so appears to be a useless cover... lame
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Stupid bugs o.o

But meeh, I wanna know max stats of lvl 5 blue.. this could be sooo annoying o.o
    I already dun like fighting Spiderman because at high lvl with too many tiles out its no fun.. imagine BP in a long-ish match with maybe 5 x 2xx protect tiles...
    That would be like a wall o.o

.. but if the total protect stats suck it wouldnt be fun v.v
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited March 2014
    Courtesy of no idea who (some SaturnSan), we already can have a look at max stats, these were posted on MPQ wiki.
    BlackP.png
    BlackBl.pngBlackB.png
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Do ho ho, I can clearly see flocks of players spending HP and ISO on T'Challa in hopes of reaping the short term rewards (and maybe just doing that for some time) and the inevitable nerfing.
    Cue the next OP character.
  • I was very excited about BP... But he seems kind of....meh
  • The maxed blue protect strength is pretty strong. Get two protect tiles out and you're basically taking no damage from normal match 3s, and 5 of them will shave a decent chunk off even AP consuming moves. Also gives a good target to steal with Control Shift.

The black didn't scale as high as predicted but 4000 damage is still way too strong. Heck, that ability could hit only one guy, and I'd still use it since black is not usually a valuable color.
  • I was very excited about BP... But he seems kind of....meh

12 AP to basically wipe out the opposition team is meh?
  • Probably the best def character in the game right now. None of his moves require thought, so the ai can use him fine. The black is a quit button. The blue can make matches very tedious if you let it get revved up too much, especially when coupled with his own high hp and his black. Yellow is a nice cover to color for rainbow teams.

Hulk, bp, magneto. Would you bother fighting that? Around 23k hp, def tiles, huge damage moves, and currently strike tile/mag rd synergy (the machine loves spamming magneto's red on def). Pretty fast offensive kills too between magneto and panther. Hulk isn't really necessary...though if you happen upon 10 green its a decent board clear to set up a stronger mag purple or grab a fee more ap.