Predator and Prey PvP Tournament - March 3rd-5th

Comments

• Did they extend hero points further down? I don't recall if top 150 gave HP before.

46-150 has given 50 HP for a long time. I usually shoot for that on my steam account if I shield up early on my main.

I'd have been excited for IM40 before this week, finally got my last red in LR this week. Suppose i could use some hawk covers though.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    His black certainly seems powerful; but even so, it may not yet warrant a nerf.

It looks to be about on par with Sniper Rifle. How many heroes feed green, and how many feed black?
    On offense, it would make sense to hold onto black and whittle down each enemy to the 5k HP mark and drop the team in one shot (or at least take out 2 and make it a 3v1 fight). When BP is on the defensive team it really becomes a case of deny black and stun or steal if the enemy is drawing close to that 12 AP mark.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    His black certainly seems powerful; but even so, it may not yet warrant a nerf.

It looks to be about on par with Sniper Rifle. How many heroes feed green, and how many feed black?
    On offense, it would make sense to hold onto black and whittle down each enemy to the 5k HP mark and drop the team in one shot (or at least take out 2 and make it a 3v1 fight). When BP is on the defensive team it really becomes a case of deny black and stun or steal if the enemy is drawing close to that 12 AP mark.

Sniper rifle doesn't even compare to this ability in terms of efficiency. Sniper rifle deals 3.3k damage for 19 green AP (173 damage per AP): this deals ~5k for 12 black (413 damage per AP). Twice the efficiency, and you get the ability out a lot earlier since 12AP is a lot easier to get than 19AP. Given how a fully maxed Punisher only has 5.8k HP, this essentially one shots the entire enemy team's dps characters, and cripples their tanks.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    So... spend 5k HP to max black?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:
    So... spend 6k HP to max black?

Expect it to be nerfed at some point, so I would hold off on that until an important event where you actually need a OP panther comes up.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    It'll be nerfed when there are lots of players using him with 5 black covers.

Then the data will show how OP it is and it'll be in line to be fun-balanced - but just think of how many PVP and PVE matches it can win in the meantime. icon_razz.gif
  • The meta-game of MPQ is all about leveraging imbalances to your favor. Even if its only for 2-3 months, that's a huge window of time to reap better/quicker rewards. If you have the HP to spend, I would go all in.

Judging by all the (new) covers they have released since the Hulk, it's not likely you will find an ability as good as his black in any upcoming character.
  • I might be in minority but I'm excited about those IM40 rewards since my IM40 is currently capped at lvl79. I would love another yellow cover for him but heck, I'd settle for ANY IM40 cover right now. So please tank away, everybody!
  • It's fine to go for the short term gain but I don't see anything really interesting right now, unless you're trying to win some LRs? BP will go well with Doom too. His blue is looks like a generator for about 1-web tile strength Spider-sense tiles at this point when maxed, and that's not a trivial amount. You wouldn't take it over ATU/Magnetic Field but those abilities are way overpowered so not much point to compare to them right now. It seems to be the same line as IW's 'don't take match 3 damage until this is destroyed' which is fine as an ability.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    morphy wrote:
    How long before we see 141 BP running around?

I got a feeling it happened like 5 minutes ago
    Someone will have to spend a lot of money for that -- or cheat. I got the maximum of six covers in the two events that just closed, but that only takes to a max of level 51. And I'm now not sure how I want to build BP or even if he is worth the ISO.

And anyone who sees me in their queue, please attack. I won't retaliate. I'm may run up some points to get some ISO, but hopefully that will just make me an attractive target for tanking.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I wouldn't mind mHawkeye blue and purple, and my IM 40 languishes in his one yellow cover not-quite-glory... Where to tank, where to tank! icon_e_sad.gif
    Would Shield versus help here? I sometimes lose there but I don't think it matters much anymore, since you need to win with the tank team?
  • Phantron wrote:
    It's fine to go for the short term gain but I don't see anything really interesting right now, unless you're trying to win some LRs? BP will go well with Doom too. His blue is looks like a generator for about 1-web tile strength Spider-sense tiles at this point when maxed, and that's not a trivial amount. You wouldn't take it over ATU/Magnetic Field but those abilities are way overpowered so not much point to compare to them right now. It seems to be the same line as IW's 'don't take match 3 damage until this is destroyed' which is fine as an ability.

At lvl 45, no buff, lvl 2 blue it was 22 def. What is max spidey...70? I could see it being about the same. I feel you need to drop 2 down for it to really be effective though. I think I will go 4/4/5...especially. since his blue might be bugged to only do 3 @ lvl 2 and not 4 like it probably should. That's some decent defense, and its spread out so its harder to destroy easily. I still don't think his blue would be a go to move on offense, but as a defensive ai ability it might be mildly annoying if he has the right pair to back him up. Doing no damage on your match 3s add up over time. He is, regardless, all about his hp and his black atm though.

I'd be tempted to main him if I wasn't trying to save for xforce. I really wish they would just...give us info about xforce. Even if the actual change isn't for a few weeks after..it would be nice to know I am or am not saving for a reason.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Is Black Panther actually buffed in this?

Mine is only L18, but I didn't notice his stats increase at all...
  • Phantron wrote:
    It's fine to go for the short term gain but I don't see anything really interesting right now, unless you're trying to win some LRs? BP will go well with Doom too. His blue is looks like a generator for about 1-web tile strength Spider-sense tiles at this point when maxed, and that's not a trivial amount. You wouldn't take it over ATU/Magnetic Field but those abilities are way overpowered so not much point to compare to them right now. It seems to be the same line as IW's 'don't take match 3 damage until this is destroyed' which is fine as an ability.

At lvl 45, no buff, lvl 2 blue it was 22 def. What is max spidey...70? I could see it being about the same. I feel you need to drop 2 down for it to really be effective though. I think I will go 4/4/5...especially. since his blue might be bugged to only do 3 @ lvl 2 and not 4 like it probably should. That's some decent defense, and its spread out so its harder to destroy easily. I still don't think his blue would be a go to move on offense, but as a defensive ai ability it might be mildly annoying if he has the right pair to back him up. Doing no damage on your match 3s add up over time. He is, regardless, all about his hp and his black atm though.

I'd be tempted to main him if I wasn't trying to save for xforce. I really wish they would just...give us info about xforce. Even if the actual change isn't for a few weeks after..it would be nice to know I am or am not saving for a reason.

The protect tile gets a strength upgrade at level 3/5. Hard to extrapolate protect values but I'm guessing it'd be equivalent of 1-web strength Spider-sense protect tiles when maxed. Also since the AI uses ATU in a way that usually hurts yourself, just having a higher blue power could help a lot on defense by simply lowering the chance that your own Spiderman throws out random stuns that just ends up powering the other side's ATU. It wouldn't be a go-to move on offense right now because ATU/Magnetic Field are the go-to blue offense move right now, but it's safe to bet those ability won't stay the way they are forever. In a post Magneto/Spiderman nerf world, I imagine blue would be a protective color instead of a color that just totally decimates your opponent, and for a protective option BP's blue is quite fine.
  • TheVulture wrote:

The buffs to featured character has been reduced to around the 40% range in recent tournaments. This is probably to stop featured character tournament from turning into the featured guy + his 2 sidekicks.
  • TheVulture wrote:

3470 hp buffed vs. 2366 @ lvl 44.
  • I was trying to back away from MPQ for a bit because I was playing it a little too much....

But I really need/want IM40 covers. Sigh. :/
  • Wish I could finish in the top 5 in this one. I really want that yellow IM40 cover for a while...
  • I need one yellow and one blue IM40 cover to finish his covers off, though he's only level 50. I might just treat this as a relaxed PvP, and not care too much where I place, and just play it for the ISO. If I don't do that, I'll be stuck playing the Prologue until the next tourney/LR rolls around.
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Hurray for IM40 covers. I'm sitting on 3 yellow and 1 blue so really could use the blue and red pretty badly.