R127 Release Notes (5/22/17)

Comments

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    • The game is no longer unresponsive when quickly selecting the Enter button during the Event Select screen.

This bug has caused so many crashes for me, I'm glad it's finally getting fixed. Always seems to happen 5min before an event ends when I'm currently ranked 21st.

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor

THIS is a great update:
    • Event pop-up messages will only appear the first time you enter an event.
    You always had the option in the settings to turn the pop-up message off after the first time.

Where???? Not in my options menu!!!
    Right. I'm on android (which everyone should be), and in the Options area, unchecking Events only keeps you from getting phone alerts, it doesn't turn off the in-event pop up window that you have to close every time you enter the main event and subs.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has there even been a better Dazzler guess?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    This includes some changes that I'm happy to see.

What's Changed:
    • Event pop-up messages will only appear the first time you enter an event.
    This is actually pretty big for me. I never really look at the pop-up message, and sometimes it takes 30 seconds for it to appear, so it was just 30 seconds of dead time where I was unable to play or do anything.
    • The game is no longer unresponsive when quickly selecting the Enter button during the Event Select screen.
    I believe this has occurred for me a few times, so it's great to see this fixed as well.
    • Matching a Fortified tile will now generate AP, deal damage, and activate trap and Countdown tiles when applicable.
    This is a great fix as well! I'm glad to get the expected amount of AP and not lose out on it.

• Characters that enter the battle after the Infinite Power Countdown tile has been placed on the board by Thanos's will now be affected by the Countdown tile as long as it is on the board.
    Also good to see this resolved.
    • Cloak & Dagger (Classic)'s power The Darkness Hungers no longer unlocks untrained powers on opposing characters.
    I didn't know about this, but I'm glad it's been resolved.
    • Powers with AP costs that are modified by board conditions are properly adjusted when a match-5 changes the board condition. This affects:
    Glad to see this resolved as well!

All and all, it's looking good that these things were fixed. Now we need to hope that this update doesn't cause any new issues :smiley:
    • Starfury
      Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
      mpqr7 said:

All and all, it's looking good that these things were fixed. Now we need to hope that this update doesn't cause any new issues :smiley:
      Dreams are my reality
      The only kind of real fantasy
      Illusions are a common thing
      I try to live in dreams
      It seems as if it's meant to be

;)
    • Spiritclaw
      Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
      If we're getting something "unstoppable" (like a new Juggs) I'd like to see 5* Unstoppable Colossus.  We've had 4* Grocket and 4* Gamora since 5* Star Lord, so another 5* seems timely in any case.
    • ronin_san
      ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
      It's not the middle of August, so I'm not led to believe 5* Matt Murdock is coming yet. When I think "heard this before", I think sonar / super hearing.

Though I wouldn't be surprised, given the two 4's then a 5 release schedule, if a 5* Daredevil dropped then. That gives us two more 4's and it's the end of September, then two 4's and a 5 and it's November - Ragnarok.
    • AXP_isme
      AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
      DaveR4470 said:
      AXP_isme said:
      Is that 4* Morrisey incoming?
      Morrissey's skill set:

I Cried Today -- Morrissey sings about the pain, oh the pain, so lonely this boy is.  Damages opposing team for X damage and creates one black shield tile.

Well, Here's What I Think About.... -- Morrissey says something pretty offensive about somebody, as he is wont to do.  Damages target for X and damages friendly team for 10% of damage done to target.  If Johnny Marr is in your team, he rolls his eyes and joins The The.

Girlfriend in a Coma -- Morrissey stuns the enemy team for 3 turns, then leaves the band to go solo.

I always thought cloak and dagger's power where they create black tiles would fit well with Morrisey. 
      I wear black on the outside: Morrisey mopes around bringing misery and darkness in his wake. Morrisey adds 9 black tiles to the board and stuns himself for a turn. 
    • Dayv
      Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
      "Stop me if you've heard this one"

When I google this clue.. Arcade appears! Random.. I know it won't be him but hopefully it's more villains

Dear Arcade, you have too many teeth and I find it disturbing.
    • Dayv
      Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
      DaveR4470 said:
      AXP_isme said:
      Morrissey's skill set:

Girlfriend in a Coma -- Morrissey stuns the enemy team for 3 turns, then leaves the band to go solo.
         This power then becomes:

Weirdly Right-Wing Nationalist Vegan (Passive) Morrisey does 300% extra match damage to enemies, but all targeted damage dealt to Morrisey affects his allies as well.
    • AXP_isme
      AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
      Dayv said:
      DaveR4470 said:
      AXP_isme said:
      Morrissey's skill set:

This power then becomes:

Weirdly Right-Wing Nationalist Vegan (Passive) Morrisey does 300% extra match damage to enemies, but all targeted damage dealt to Morrisey affects his allies as well.
      Morrisey says something else deeply offensive. Is it patriotism or just xenophobia?
      Affiliation: heroes (musical) and villains (everything else)
    • Bloody_Marvel
      Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
      It's gonna be a 5* Donald Trump.
    • Smudge
      Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
      It's gonna be a 5* Donald Trump.
      Stop right there.  I know I've heard that one before!
    • stealthdroid
      stealthdroid Posts: 13 Just Dropped In

Well he's been in comics before...

• zulux21
      zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
      I usually don't care when an update goes live as it doesn't effect my gameplay most of the time, but with the steam intercepts becoming a thing I want to wait until after the update so I can get some.

Do the updates usually go live on Monday, or is it more typically Tuesday or weds?
    • sinnerjfl
      sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
      Patch is live on Steam.
    • zulux21
      zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
      edited May 2017
      sinnerjfl said:
      Patch is live on Steam.
      I can confirm it does indeed activate intercepts... though I haven't a clue what I got as I didn't realize the intercept was part of the reward and thought it was another screen :p just noticed it said claim reward and bonus before I clicked it.

huh looks like it was supposed to be an extra screen. anyways next mission also had it

got 10HP as my first official intercept :P
    • Brigby
      Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
      *Changes to Final Release Notes