Heroes For Hire vs. 40-pack (Heroic and PVE Vault)

Sendikelm
Sendikelm Posts: 51 Match Maker
I know that almost everyone thinks HfH is money grab and we shouldn't buy it. My opinion is quite different.
I don't want but i am hoarding to avoid (minimize) wasted 4* and 5* covers. And all kind of my resources growing up (LT, CP, HP) except ISO of course. So once in a while I can spend some HP on 40-pack in Heroic Store or in PVE Vault. This time I can also think about Heroes for Hire Store. But what is better to buy - Heroic 40-pack, PVE Vault 40-pack or multiple HfH (3x3600 and 4x2500 to get comparable cost)?

Heroes for Hire Store

HfH 2500 version
cost: 2500 HP
for: 1 specific 4* cover, 4 Elite Tokens, 4k ISO, 1 CP

HfH 3600 version
cost: 3600 HP
for: 1 specific 4* cover, 8 Elite Tokens, 10k ISO, 3 CP

Heroic 40-pack (propability: 4* 1/14, 3* 1/4)
cost: 11200 HP (daily deal)
for (average): 1 LT (guaranted), 3x 4*, 10x 3*, 27x 2* (and some bonuses)
It can be much worse (or better) of cource.

Vault 40-pack (80 items: 1 LT, 3x 4*, 21x 3*, 55x 2*)
cost: 9800 HP
for (average): 2x 4* (specific but not guaranted), 11x 3*, 27x 2*
And like above it can be much worse (or better).

HfH 3600 x 3
cost: 10800 HP
for: 3x 4* (specific), 24 ET (avg. 6x 3*, 18x 2*), 30k ISO, 9 CP

HfH 2500 x 4
cost: 10000 HP
for: 4x 4* (specific), 16 ET (avg. 4x 3*, 12x 2*), 16k ISO, 4 CP

We can compare Heroic 40-pack with HfH3600 and Vault 40-pack with HfH2500 - cost is almost the same. Below I emphasized differences in both cases.

Heroic 40-pack vs. HfH 3600 (x3)

H40 adv.: 1 LT, 4x 3*, 9x 2*
a chance to get 5*, more chances to get bonus heroes

HfH adv.: 400 HP (cost diff.), 30k ISO, 9 CP
you'll get three 4* covers that you really wanted, cost spread over time

This is choice between covers and resources (especially LT vs ISO). In this case HfH would be better if you badly need ISO to save dying covers.

Vault 40-pack vs. HfH 2500 (x4)

Vault adv.: 200 HP (cost diff.), 7x 3*, 15x 2*
a chance to get LT and 5*

HfH adv.: 2x 4* (specific), 16k ISO, 4 CP
you'll get four 4* covers that you really wanted, cost spread over time

Vault pack gives you a lot of covers but two more 4* covers from HfH can be decisive in this choice!

Conclusion
I think HfH is in line with other buying options and really does not deserve that whole hate (I know - unpopular opinion here). Simply you can choice between HfH with guaranted (wanted) 4* and Heroic/Vault with a bunch of 2* and 3*. Additionally HfH gives you one of few moments in this game when you exactly know what you are buying!
Tagged:

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I previously started a thread about this same comparison when Heroes for Hire was introduced.  I ended up saying that the HFH was a good deal mostly because you take out the randomness of getting covers, plus you can get vaulted 4* covers too (which I think is the best part of it).  The ISO gain is also better than a 40 pack as well. 
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I've bought the HFH a few times but only when it's to finish a vaulted 4* or if I'm in the dreaded 5/5/1 zone. I bought one for Drax, Flaptain and Kingpin.  Finished Drax, finished Flaptain and made my Kingpin 2/5/5. I don't think they're the best deal out there but HP is a lot more easy to come by nowadays so I'm more than ok dropping 2500 HP to finish a 4* and everything else is just a bonus.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

HfH is time gated, you cant just buy the cover you want when you want it...  its going to take ~150 days for all the available covers to cycle through...  in that time I'd consider the 100 HP daily deal token as an option...

For 11200HP I could get 40 heroics from a pack, or 112 tokens from the deal and in shorter time than it takes the HfH rotation to cycle through once.

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    I also commented on the other HfH thread however what I DISLIKE about this.

HfH is brought to replace the 4* vaults. Remember those? Where you had three option when they were introduced? Single pull, x5 and x20?
    Then the single pull was removed (I am guessing a lot of people went for that cheaper option and pulled the 4* and stopped). So we were left with two options. x5 and x20. Now, I don't remember the prices but I do remember that when I wanted a 4* cover I would go with the x5 option, never the x20. I am guessing many others did the same and stopped. So they eliminated that option but passed it off as something new.

And THAT is why I DISLIKE this new "offer"
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would never buy a 40 pack of heroics, that seems like a terrible value.  I like the ability to know what you're getting.  That's why I like vaults better than packs and H4H better than the 4* mini vaults.

I think H4H is pretty good at 2500.  At 3600 I would only buy if desperate.  I've bought 2 so far at 3600
    Iceman (was 0/5/5) and Thoress (was 0/5/5).  With my current roster I can't see buying anymore ever at 3600, maybe at 2500.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker

HfH is time gated, you cant just buy the cover you want when you want it...  its going to take ~150 days for all the available covers to cycle through...  in that time I'd consider the 100 HP daily deal token as an option...

For 11200HP I could get 40 heroics from a pack, or 112 tokens from the deal and in shorter time than it takes the HfH rotation to cycle through once.

The daily deals are time gated too.  The 100 HP daily deals are better than any of those options, so I wouldn't compare them.  

For me (and many other veterans) I buy the 100 HP deal every single day, and I still accumulate HP to spend somewhere.  I will probably buy the HFH deal when it has a cover I need for a 5/5/1 or 5/5/2 vaulted character.  

Another option for extra HP is roster spots for 3* duplicates.  I have a few around 250 now, so I'm getting close to that point.  This is probably where most of my extra HP will go over the next few months.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    I'll have to agree with the other posters who said that the 40pack already is an awful value compared to the 100hp daily covers.

Ignoring that, HfH does indeed fit in pretty well alongside the 40pack as far as value is concerned.

In my opinion, since HfH as well as 40pk are both a terrible deal if you paid money for you HP, I'd prefer the 40pk. At least there you get the thrill of the lottery.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Starfury said:
    I'll have to agree with the other posters who said that the 40pack already is an awful value compared to the 100hp daily covers.

Ignoring that, HfH does indeed fit in pretty well alongside the 40pack as far as value is concerned.

In my opinion, since HfH as well as 40pk are both a terrible deal if you paid money for you HP, I'd prefer the 40pk. At least there you get the thrill of the lottery.
    You can also get the disappointment of the 40pk lottery too. 

There is a good point here....buying the daily deal for 40 days straight equals 4,000 HP, which is less than half of the 40PK or HFH.  The 40pk comes with an LT and better odds for BH, but is that LT worth an extra 7200 HP!  Certainly not.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe I'm not that smart but I kind of like the heroic 40 packs. Especially now with bonus heroes. Bought maybe 3 or 6 since bh were introduced. Always got at least 1 bonus 4* and a couple bonus 3*. Decent amount of natural 3* and 4* pulls. With all 2* and 3* champed and 36 4*s it is very rare a cover from a 40 pack is sold for iso.
    It will be a very rare occurrence i really want the featured cover in HfH.

For a while i didn't have much else to spend hp on. A roster slot every 2 weeks. Shields for pvp, 225 usually. Hp can build up pretty quick. Now I'm spending a little more on shields, probably closer to 500 hp per event. And with a lot of my 3* reaching level 166 more often than i expected I'm adding more roster spots for 2nd builds. Somehow I'm still hp positive. It just takes a little longer for the pile to get bigger.

Used to save my 40 pack purchases for the offseason when the pvp 40 packs were discounted. I might be a little smart since i managed to not confuse them with regular non discounted heroic 40 packs.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Maybe I'm not that smart but I kind of like the heroic 40 packs. Especially now with bonus heroes. Bought maybe 3 or 6 since bh were introduced. Always got at least 1 bonus 4* and a couple bonus 3*. Decent amount of natural 3* and 4* pulls. With all 2* and 3* champed and 36 4*s it is very rare a cover from a 40 pack is sold for iso.
    It's not the "smart" choice, but I understand it. Opening a 40pack feels far better than buying 112 single covers over 112 days. It's bang-bang-bang with a dopamine rush instead of opening just another token. It's also quite an expensive rush at over 50 bucks a pop...

bbigler said:
    You can also get the disappointment of the 40pk lottery too. 

You certainly can, but the lottery has never been about the winning, but the hopeful anticipation.