Regeneration timer set to 5 in the morning?!?!?

Options
Whammaster
Whammaster Posts: 60 Match Maker
I'm on the west coast and it's 2 in the morning ( usually ends at 8 ), or what use to be when the last Regen would happen for the past few months ( insane to expect your players to be up so late ). But now it's 5?!? ****.

Comments

• MrCrowley
    MrCrowley Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Let me remind you that USA is not the only region where the game is played.
    Europeans also play, and probably some asians too.
  • Whammaster
    Whammaster Posts: 60 Match Maker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I realize this but at the moment the time in Europe is in the afternoon, 12:30ish, and in Japan it is 6:30 in the afternoon. Im not as thick headed as my intial post seems to be. So I don't see your argument. Granted some time zones will be placed in situation such as myself but that can be avoided with low populated areas of checking the apps "hotspots" for users. 
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It wouldn't be such a problem now that we have a
    new tie breaker system if they could increase the
    time allocated so that players can complete their
    last refresh.

HH
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It kind of still is since the event still ends at 8am Pacific Time when the last node refreshes at 5am meaning that people like me in California have to try to get this last refresh done at the same time as we're supposed to be getting ready for and commuting to work. Today, I anticipated playing my last nodes as soon as I woke up, but missed it because I didn't get to finish them before the event ended, and was dropped down into the 200 ranking because I wasn't able to be awake between 5 and 8 am to do the nodes and missed out on relevant cards.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You do realize it's only that event, right?

And the rationale is simple.  It started late in the day after the patch.  Timer was on the regular 8 hour cycle from the odd time it started.  That's the only reason.
  • GregDreher
    GregDreher Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The basic issue is the event started off its usual start time, but ended at its normal end time.  Typically, events start at 1PM EDT and end 11AM EDT, with refreshed nodes at 9PM and 5AM.  Since this event started at 4 PM, the refreshes went to 12AM and 8AM.