Predator and Prey PvP Tournament - March 3rd-5th

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd love some IM40 covers. Unfortunately, I'm lacking BP covers. Not sure how far I'll get on the loaner cover.
  • 2/2/2 BP, just pumped 17K ISO into him and he's at a cover-capped 51 icon_e_smile.gif

Yellow 29
    Blue 26
    Black 23

Battleplan: 35 strength Strike Tile
    Defense Grid: 25 strength protect Tile
    Rage of the Panther: 903
  • Justdangit wrote:
    Why is the 300 reward a heroic token and not a predator and prey token.
    That must be a bug.
    I think I prefer Heroic Token over this one, as the Predator n Prey can grant You only Bullseye, Wolvie, Thor or BP (and Captain maybe, as the Token is vibranium related?).
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I pumped my 2/2/2 BP up to level 50 as well icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2014
    jozier wrote:
    2/2/2 BP, just pumped 17K ISO into him and he's at a cover-capped 51 icon_e_smile.gif

Yellow 29
    Blue 26
    Black 23

So if we were to do super basic math, 51 * 3 = 151 ~ 141. 903 * 3 = 2707 damage at max level? might not scale as crazily as we think it does, but we obviously would need someone to confirm.
    Edit: forgot that it was only level 2 black, damn it. Level 5 is 645 damage according to IceIX, so 2707 * (645/347)=5k damage, which means that it probably DOES scale as crazily as we think it does. BP new Rags, OP!
  • jozier wrote:
    2/2/2 BP, just pumped 17K ISO into him and he's at a cover-capped 51 icon_e_smile.gif

Yellow 29
    Blue 26
    Black 23

So if we were to do super basic math, 51 * 3 = 151 ~ 141. 903 * 3 = 2707 damage at max level? might not scale as crazily as we think, but we obviously would need someone to confirm.

Keep in mind damage goes up per cover.
  • jozier wrote:

Yellow 29
    Blue 26
    Black 23

So if we were to do super basic math, 51 * 3 = 151 ~ 141. 903 * 3 = 2707 damage at max level? might not scale as crazily as we think, but we obviously would need someone to confirm.

Err, that's only 2 in black. The next 3 black will upgrade his damage too. It's 1161 at level 3 (I have 2/2/2 maxed as well), so even just using that, that's 3483 damage, which is already better than Ballistac Salvo and encroaching on Sniper Rifle range, for a considerably less cost, and that's only 3 black.

Also I ran some quick experiment. Strongest color means the highest tile strength of someone who is still alive, so for the seed teams that'd usually be yellow (strongest color of BP). I killed BP and did Rage on Storm/Juggernaut and they got 5 green AP instead, and they're both level 1 so no way their strength is higher than BP.
  • Twysta
    2.7k with just 2 covers isn't too shabby.
  • Level 2 -> 5 increases the damage of rage by 185%.

1.85*2707 = 5000. Hmm.
  • Fangel wrote:
    Level 2 -> 5 increases the damage of rage by 185%.

1.85*2707 = 5000. Hmm.

There's going to be some kind of bloodbath when people get this guy to level 141. I wouldn't spend $ to level him up though because it seems certain it'll be nerfed, but if you got some spare iso/HP sitting around it is definitely worth it. His abilities look pretty solid and even if they just eliminated his black he'd still be a pretty good tank so I think it's a safe investment, as long as it's not $.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Phantron wrote:
    Fangel wrote:

1.85*2707 = 5000. Hmm.

There's going to be some kind of bloodbath when people get this guy to level 141. I wouldn't spend $ to level him up though because it seems certain it'll be nerfed, but if you got some spare iso/HP sitting around it is definitely worth it. His abilities look pretty solid and even if they just eliminated his black he'd still be a pretty good tank so I think it's a safe investment, as long as it's not $.

I have no idea how this character got past QA: it doesn't take much thought to realize that 5k damage to the entire enemy team might be a tad overpowered.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Fangel wrote:

1.85*2707 = 5000. Hmm.

I have no idea how this character got past QA: it doesn't take much thought to realize that 5k damage to the entire enemy team might be a tad overpowered.

You're assuming they QA.
  • Twysta
    I guess they thought giving the enemy 5 AP would be enough of a drawback... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    On another note, i wonder why the 300 prog reward changed from the event token like it normally is to just a standard heroic token...
  • Perhaps for every increment in black, plus 5 AP to an additional colour pool.
  • if BP does get full level 5 black damage of 5K, that is insane and... waits for incoming nerf!
  • I'm only at 129 points and am already getting the same 4-5 opponents.

Stupid
  • Twysta wrote:
    I guess they thought giving the enemy 5 AP would be enough of a drawback... icon_rolleyes.gif

They probably thought it's giving 5 AP of ALL colors, and even that isn't much of a drawback when the enemy team is usually dead.
  • How long before we see 141 BP running around?

I got a feeling it happened like 5 minutes ago
  • Ok, grinded my way to Heroic Token and put on the tank team. Feel free to kick my bagbutt.