** Magneto (Marvel NOW!) ** [PRE 2015-03]

Comments

• eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    I use a strike tile generator, spidey, and Magneto Marvel Now. Get enough AP for Magneto's purple allows several applications of strike tiles with the potential cascades, and gives spidey blue for stuns.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    With respec available to try it out, and a to of his covers coming through, I have completely changed from advocating 4/5/4 to 3/5/5. The increased red cost is a small price to pay for one of the best red skills in the game.
  • His red skill is what I would call a profit move.

13 AP + 1 turn = 25 AP.

Plus it does damage, so not bad.

Some others with profit moves include both Storms, the Hood ( I guess), and OBW counts too.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    I've decided to leave mine at 3/5/4 . At 5 red you only get 25 ap return if the CD tile is placed in the middle area of the board. Too many times its placed at the edge or in a corner for me. I'd rather have it cost 11 instead of 14 since i use it more for the damage than ap generation.
  • As I just pulled Red cover, I respec mine from 454 to 355. I wasn't using blue anyway, so maybe not it will have it's purpose.

As for red -
    Thanos wrote:
    I've decided to leave mine at 3/5/4 . At 5 red you only get 25 ap return if the CD tile is placed in the middle area of the board. Too many times its placed at the edge or in a corner for me. I'd rather have it cost 11 instead of 14 since i use it more for the damage than ap generation.
    - and that's the reason why I chose to change it into lvl5. When placed at the edge or in a corner, at lvl4 it was a waste. at lvl5 it still can give You quite an amount of AP.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is he worth levelling to 85? I've only got C.Storm and OBW at 85 right now. Both Magneto and Thor is stuck at 65 - thought of levelling Ares up as well.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos wrote:
    If it appears at the top edge, you can often use your one turn to bring it further into the board.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:
    Is he worth levelling to 85? I've only got C.Storm and OBW at 85 right now. Both Magneto and Thor is stuck at 65 - thought of levelling Ares up as well.

C. Storm / MN Mags seems incredibly powerful for a 2* composition: C. Storm / MN Mags / Thor is probably one of the more powerful compositions right now simply due to how much AP it can generate. Also considering how MN Mags has teamed up with SHIELD, he's probably going to be buffed in subsequent PvE events, making him a really good target to level up. Has anyone actually read the Dark Reign comics? I'm curious about whether or not Mags sticks with HAMMER throughout the entire series.
  • kensterr wrote:

C. Storm / MN Mags seems incredibly powerful for a 2* composition: C. Storm / MN Mags / Thor is probably one of the more powerful compositions right now simply due to how much AP it can generate. Also considering how MN Mags has teamed up with SHIELD, he's probably going to be buffed in subsequent PvE events, making him a really good target to level up. Has anyone actually read the Dark Reign comics? I'm curious about whether or not Mags sticks with HAMMER throughout the entire series.

Actually, in the comics, Magneto didn't appear in Dark Reign at all. The Uncanny X-Men writers had a couple of big Magneto plotlines going on while Dark Reign was happening in which he gains his powers back and attempts to help the X-Men, so Bendis put Emma Frost on the Cabal instead of Magneto.
  • I maxed him and then ended up respecing him to 4/5/4. 1855 damage with a one count countdown timer is pretty great! I don't think I'll add another red though as adding 3 more ap to make it work is another full match. The damage and AP acquisition would be cool but I use other characters for AP accumulation (or boosts).

I think he's my favorite character now. Definitely in ** range. And he pairs so well with anyone that needs blue... including himself. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    OK, gonna pour some ISO-8 love into Mags and Thor. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'd like to run **MN Mags with Dr.Doom and Astonishing Wolverine. Any Thoughts on this team? I'm thinking Mags can feed doom for his summons demons, wolverine can spam attack tiles and his slash is a decent single target damage dealer. Is this sound reasoning?
  • I'd like to run **MN Mags with Dr.Doom and Astonishing Wolverine. Any Thoughts on this team? I'm thinking Mags can feed doom for his summons demons, wolverine can spam attack tiles and his slash is a decent single target damage dealer. Is this sound reasoning?

Doom's attack tiles and Wolvie's strike tiles both need basic red tiles and once you have them all set up you won't be matching red so this set up might eliminate Wolvie's slash from your typical arsenal. But once it is set up you'll get nice damage since the attack tiles will let you double dip with the strike tiles.
  • Definitely agree with the poster who said MN Magneto seems to pair well with C Storm. They proved a very potent combo during the recent PvE event.

In fact I ended up stopping using them with my max Captain America and using them with OBW instead. My Magneto was only a 2-3-4 lvl 53 (boosted), so her purple was still slightly higher and her Espionage fed his Polarity Shift for Storm's Wind Storm even faster. There was some nice synergy going on.

Note that if you do want to combine OBW's Espionage with Magneto's blue too (when he's unbuffed) then Magneto's blue will always take priority when he hits 77, but OBW's will always take priority when he's 75 or below. This arguably strengthens the case for a 2-5-5 build (and only leveling him to 75 instead of 77) depending on how you intend to use him.
  • The trouble is that there is no confirmation box in the rewards section. As I was scrolling down on my Ipad, it trained up level three of blue, so no more 1 turn countdown. Is there anything I can do? Does support help in this type of situation to remove the cover?

He is 3/2/4 for me right now, and I have 2 more blue and 1 more red in rewards, and I'm not sure if I should use any of them. Is the 5th red worth the 3 extra AP?
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    The trouble is that there is no confirmation box in the rewards section. As I was scrolling down on my Ipad, it trained up level three of blue, so no more 1 turn countdown. Is there anything I can do? Does support help in this type of situation to remove the cover?

He is 3/2/4 for me right now, and I have 2 more blue and 1 more red in rewards, and I'm not sure if I should use any of them. Is the 5th red worth the 3 extra AP?
    its about even, which means you should do it as it gives you more levels meaning more.hp and damage. Magneto's blue gets worse imo between 3-5. 5/3/5, 3/5/5, or 4/5/4 or the three builds I would recommend depending on what exactly you want out of him. Mine is 3/5/5, so that is what I recommend without specifics given. He is all about his purple and red though, the blue is throwaway garbage imo. Only reason to go 4/5/4 is if you want the 11 ap move instead of 14. Personally? The ap missed is noticeable enough imo to warrant the extra 3 red ap.
  • I just respecced again to 3/5/5 and I'm mutch happier. I realized the extra AP for the fifth red is generally only one more match and it tends to be ready when I'm about to kill off the first villain so I want to hold it for another minute anyway. The extra damage plus AP is definitely worth it.
  • teknofyl
    teknofyl Posts: 80
    3/5/5 MN Mags + x/5/x OBW is killer for all goon levels... bad board draws aside, if you prioritize purple > blue > red >> all other colors then usually you have to absorb at most one timer before gaining permanent control of the board, and can frequently end the match at full health.

This combination is doing quite well on the current ISO-8 with either Thor or Cap (when required).
  • I've got mine at 4/4/5 now and scored a blue cover from a token this morning.

I know most people say blue is his worst, but once.... just once, I'd like to destroy every tile on the board.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    I've got mine at 4/4/5 now and scored a blue cover from a token this morning.

I know most people say blue is his worst, but once.... just once, I'd like to destroy every tile on the board.

I've been running him as 5/3/5 for a long time (stupid purple covers not dropping) and believe me, it's not worth it. Generating a huge cascade with purple is infinitely more satisfying.
This discussion has been closed.