Update to Progression Rewards in Story Events (5/18/17)

Comments

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    So, repeatable nodes were locked at 0 points so people don't feel compelled to grind pointlessly.

Now progression rewards have been stretched out over 5 clears so people feel compelled to grind with a point?
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby Is enemy scaling still limited to the first 4 clears?
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Looks like you guys listened to the complaints about lack of points for a leg token for 7 day events. Top SCL can now get three times as many as before. 

Looking forward to getting more ISO with several millions required to update all my current characters

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    This does a good job of filling in the blanks at the end of the progression ladder.

...BUT...

it would be even better if the CP were distributed in more chunks, especially for the 7-day events.

If you have something come up near the last day of a 7-day event, it might be tough to recover and make max progression with an off-day in there.  If that last chunk of CP was split and distributed at more than one point, maybe with the first (smaller) chunk at the old 4x hit threshold, it would be nice.  Just something to consider.
    How rewards are distributing wasn't fully specified. I doubt that the 48 extra CP SCL 8 is just one extra chunk, but is partially distributed to the existing rewards, so the other ones are slightly larger, but the final one is still probably the largest. I mean, maybe all the new stuff is just added after, but I personally doubt that's the case.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's an attachment that breaks it down. The final SCL 8 reward for 7-day stories is a whopping 55 CP
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone remind me again why we went to 4 clears in the first place. Oh yeah lifestyle change.

Now those that put in the extra deserve more, fully in agreement but that could have been done just as easily leaving progression at 4 clears and adding in more rewards past progression, same for PVP. I have long thought there should be more past season 10k (I don't get close, but those that spend that much on shields should).
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    The increased command points almost makes playing your max SCL essential.  Should see fewer people dropping down ranks
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    One obvious question, will you be ensuring that the increased number of covers will be spread evenly across the colours and not spammed on a single one?
  • zodiac339
    I normally complete 6 clears so this does not directly affect me, however it could affect placement. If players now have to clear 5 times, they may likely just finish the last clear for the 10 XP. Overall, there could have been increased progression rewards without the need to increase the number of clears, especially when players have been begging for reduced grinding and the recent post from the devs about "quality of life."

It mostly looks like 7-day events received the huge increase in rewards.. I find this interesting because this means most players don't start 7-day events until 2-3 days after it starts.. why? We're sick of grinding! I wish 7-day events would be broken into 3 and 4 two part events.. for instance "Prodigal of Sun Part 1" for 3-days and then follow it up with "Prodigal Sun Part 2" for 4-days. Eliminate the grueling 7-day events already!
    Splitting 7 day events is something I thought of before as a solution. I think it was Luck be a Lady being reduced to a 1 day event that spurred me to think of how else events could be modified. I won't complain about the extra rewards, since it looks much higher than 2 back-to-back events, but I might have preferred a split event with different required characters, leading to 3 of 2 different rares and 2 different Legendaries instead of 6 of the same rare and 2 of the same Legendary. It is an improvement though. Bright side? Those that wait until day 2 or 3 may have even less competition with the increased progress rewards.
  • Liftoff
    Liftoff Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    I don't get the 5 clears thing.  After the 4th one you don't get the full points and won't for 24 hours.  So for a 24 hour slice you will never get a full 5 clear.  Doesn't that mean that really you will need to complete all 6 clears because you will never get the full 5th amount?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Crowl said:
    One obvious question, will you be ensuring that the increased number of covers will be spread evenly across the colours and not spammed on a single one?
    Nope. Enjoy your 6 blue Psylocke covers :)
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    To be honest I'm too tired for deep thinking, but on the surface this seems like a huge CP boost - which are pretty much all I chase at the minute, so huzzah!   B)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Liftoff said:
    I don't get the 5 clears thing.  After the 4th one you don't get the full points and won't for 24 hours.  So for a 24 hour slice you will never get a full 5 clear.  Doesn't that mean that really you will need to complete all 6 clears because you will never get the full 5th amount?
    They're counting on you getting 2/3 points for your 5th battle. So you have to let it regen for 8 hours, or just do a 6th battle at any time (3/4 points minimum for 5th and 6th combined)
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    DAC169 said:

granne said:
    That out of the way, I don't understand the complaints. No one is making you clear 5 times. If you want to, great, you'll get commensurate rewards. If you don't, you won't. Unless I'm reading the charts incorrectly (not impossible, I haven't slept in daaaaaays), 4 clears will likely still have you better off than now.
    According to the attachments, the final big lump of CP has been moved to the 5th clear position. So anyone doing just 4 clears like before will be getting LESS CP
    True. Most people on the forums seem to be in more dire need of Iso than CP, though, so I stand by my assessment. People not on the forums may have different needs, but may not be clearing for progression in any case.
  • zodiac339
    There's an attachment that breaks it down. The final SCL 8 reward for 7-day stories is a whopping 55 CP
    Oops. I should have checked those attachments.

On another point, update PVP too please? Devs? PVP reward update? Unless you demand more than 900 for the Leg cover.
  • Jaedenkaal
    To early to demand my health pack back?

:P