R127 Release Notes (5/22/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited May 2017 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R127 update!

MPQ 127!

"Stop me if you've heard this one"

What's Changed:
  • Minor UI updates to S.H.I.E.L.D. Resupply screen,  Pause Menu, and Tile Info screen
  • Event pop-up messages will only appear the first time you enter an event.
  • The graphic that displays amount of points a mission is worth will no longer disappear on Wave missions when the mission is no longer worth any points.
  • The game is no longer unresponsive when quickly selecting the Enter button during the Event Select screen.
  • Matching a Fortified tile will now generate AP, deal damage, and activate trap and Countdown tiles when applicable.
  • Making a match-3 or greater with Team-Up and Critical tiles will only give Team-Up AP for each Team-Up tile matched and not for the Critical tile (matches functionality with Basic tiles).
  • Characters that enter the battle after the Infinite Power Countdown tile has been placed on the board by Thanos's will now be affected by the Countdown tile as long as it is on the board.
  • Cloak & Dagger (Classic)'s power The Darkness Hungers no longer unlocks untrained powers on opposing characters.
  • Enemies will now activate powers that have been unlocked during the battle with Black Bolt (Inhuman King)'s power The Silent King.
  • Powers with AP costs that are modified by board conditions are properly adjusted when a match-5 changes the board condition. This affects:
    • Psylocke (Classic)'s Power Psychic Knife
    • Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)'s power Tell Me Everything
    • Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy)'s power Cherry Bomb
    • X-23 (All New Wolverine)'s power Tracking Prey
    • Cloak & Dagger (Classic)'s power Pocket Dimension
    • Venom (Eddie Brock)'s power Symbiotic Fury.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Wait...we're getting Junkrat!?!?
  • lpearl
    lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    [Removed potential spoiler link.  -Dayv]
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017

Long R127 patch notes, that's nice.

Sadly, all the bugs that affect my play, and am thus personally tracking, are not listed there:

I look forward to seeing them in future release notes.  Still, many of those have been "known issues" for months.  Considering stopping VIP until I see progress...  #UnhappyCustomer.  :(

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    So still no fix for daken then ????
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

MPQ 127!

This is obviously:

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Stop me if you've heard this one."
    For once, definitively not Dazzler, as fans want to hear a musician's classic hits. Actually, this is something you say when telling a joke. The Joker?
    First Marvel character that comes to mind is Deadpool: currently unlikely because Fox thing, blah, blah, blah.
    Second that comes to mind is Iron Man, but we don't need a 2*.
    Third that comes to mind is Spider Man, but we're just getting over Guardians of the Galaxy, and Homecoming is well over a month out, but he is the most likely candidate to be the first hero in all 5 tiers. 50/50?
    Ant Man? We have Scott Lang, and Hank Pym seems less of a jokester.
    Screaming Mimi/Songbird?... Actually a possibility. She hasn't been in movies, but has been on the Disney XD Avengers show and has some comics relevance.

Matching fortified tile will deal damage, generate AP, and activate relevant trap, CD effects. Well, that's an interesting change. Medusa and Mr. Fantastic already react to matches. Interesting buff to tile fortifiers.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* Juggs?

"unstoppable"
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Stop me if you've heard this one?

Obviously it's that quintessential Avenger, John Steed.

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    So either a 4 star spiderman or another 5 star non Black suite spidey

And what does "enemies powers now unlock with silent king" mean don't tell me enemy players now get the bonus of using this move....
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    So still no fix for daken then ????
    Using Daken has improved since the change. I enjoy the added strategy to his 'two hit combo' of sorts.
    So, what are you concerned about?
    When playing Daken vs 3* Ms. Marvel and she may absorb twice instead of once?
    Or when he is vs. your team? Meaning he get's the strike damage twice? 

Btw, I believe Spiderwoman is working properly. Used her red and black to great effect versus Carnage in VB.

THIS is a great update:
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

THIS is a great update:
    You always had the option in the settings to turn the pop-up message off after the first time.

When I google this clue.. Arcade appears! Random.. I know it won't be him but hopefully it's more villains

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor

Btw, I believe Spiderwoman is working properly. Used her red and black to great effect versus Carnage in VB.

I used her against a 1* team in pvp and the red didn't end the match. So it might be hit or miss, but the bug hit for me.
    Gotta say, hard to get excited about a new character clue while currently grinding for the new release.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    lpearl said:
    Should have kept digging. The relevant page from that link: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/OKf3tK0AeX-uxi3VuiZt19L-3HTyXscYIb2IbYAeEgG1trQ1R6Rkdm4-3DnFu9mjaZ-WoXnT6Tjm=s0

Either we're getting a new Spidey (too soon, he'll come out near his movie if we get a new one), two farmers, or a cow. OR, that link doesn't provide useful information for figuring out the new character.

EDIT: That's weird, that link originally took me to Issue 12 (not 21). 12 seems like it can't possibly have anything to do with a new character. 21 has a way more obvious Doc Ock vibe. And those appear to be the only two from that series to relate to the clue.
  • zodiac339
    4* Juggs?

"unstoppable"
    Hmm, that's a thought. Could be unstunnable with damage reduction. That would probably be a 2-part power with more damage reduction at higher levels. Active and passive or 2 passives in one power? Then a direct damage power. Potentially a CD tile, fortified, dealing big damage as a long Charging attack.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    4* Juggs?

"unstoppable"
    I'd go for that. Could be Rhino as well, I guess. He's somewhat more stoppable, but... still sort of works.
  • zodiac339
    Straycat said:

I used her against a 1* team in pvp and the red didn't end the match. So it might be hit or miss, but the bug hit for me.
    Gotta say, hard to get excited about a new character clue while currently grinding for the new release.
    You only see the bug if you kill the primary target. The second target moves to the front before the "other enemies" portion of the damage occurs. The other enemies are considered position 2 and 3. It's the same system wide bug making Daken do two pieces of damage, Hulk/Rulk getting angry twice with Iceman's Whiteout, and any other power with a base effect/damage, then additional damage added (Iceman dealing 3112 base damage, plus 277 times number of blue tiles acts like 2 big AOE attacks instead of 1 bigger AOE attack, thus activating Anger twice).
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler

THIS is a great update:
    You always had the option in the settings to turn the pop-up message off after the first time.

Where???? Not in my options menu!!!
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Is that 4* Morrisey incoming?
  • Khartmann
    Khartmann Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Obviously it's 5* wonder woman, since the movie is out soon.