Update to Progression Rewards in Story Events (5/18/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Hi Everyone,

Starting in the The Hunt Story Event on May 21st, we will be updating progression rewards for 3-day, 4-day and 7-day Story events. We have increased the amount of rewards and made the rewards more goal oriented based on the amount of repeatable mission completions. We have also increased the reward amounts, most notably, more Iso-8, Hero Points, and Command Points. Every S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level (or SCLs) has been updated. Please see below for more details.

General Changes

• Increased the number of rewards to 30 (from 20)
  • The number of times each repeatable mission needs to be completed to receive the top progression reward has been increased to 5 times (from 4).
Here is some more information provided by Demiurge Anthony.
Normal non-wave, non-"Join Forces" missions: First 4 clears are counted in full. The fifth clear is counted 2/3rds of the full points. (we don't expect people to wait until it regenerates)

Join Forces Missions are counted 3 times (full points, 2/3rd points and 1/3rd points) Wave missions are counted only twice. 
Basically, if someone plays all missions to green checkmarks without waiting for timers to refill, they'll get top progression even with the reduced points from 5th and 6th node clears. 

3-day and 4-day Story Events

• Iso-8 has been increased by 55% in the lowest SCLs and 35% in the highest. Players will receive 1,950 more Iso-8 in progression rewards at SCL 8
  • Hero Points have been increased at each SCL (as much as 66% in some SCLs)
  • Command Points have been increased as much as 30% in the highest SCLs

*Please see attachments for full breakdown of current progression rewards, and new progression rewards.

7-day Story Events

• Iso-8 has been increased by 240% in the lowest SCls and 220% in the highest. Players will receive 11,250 more Iso-8 in progression rewards at SCL 8
  • Hero Points have been increased at each SCL (as much as 266% in some SCLs)
  • Command Points have been increased as much as 192% in the highest SCLs

*Please see attachments for full breakdown of current progression rewards, and new progression rewards.

Comments

• DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Loving these new changes.  Thanks guys!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can the 5th clear be done immediately following the 4th? Or will you have to let the points refill a little bit before the 5th clear?
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    @Brigby Will the timers start at 5 or still at 4 clears? When will the 5th clear need to be done to achieve full progression?

All in all, more rewards are always nice and welcome!!
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep your extras, leave it at 4. 1 step forward 2 steps back.

• drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Awesome change!!! Nice to get more rewards after passing up current progression system. Also with more 3* covers being in progression will get my 3* characters to level 266 a little quicker. More of the other stuff is great too!!! Thanks!!!!!  :)
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Skrofa said:
    Will the timers start at 5 or still at 4 clears? When will the 5th clear need to be done to achieve full progression?

All in all, more rewards are always nice and welcome!!
    Most likely will be same format with timer starting at 4 clears.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Yay!  More rewards.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Holy CP Batman! 
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Please add an option where i can play all 4 or 5 rounds in one continuous event. Like instead of lvl 77, then level 87, then lvl 97
    Set them up in waves so I still get rewards.

Alliteratively, maybe just let me play the node once at max level + 50 or so more levels for good meausre. Clearing out that version gives me all the points and rewards.

Clearing 4 times is too much. Five is just aggravating. 
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Please add an option where i can play all 4 or 5 rounds in one continuous event. Like instead of lvl 77, then level 87, then lvl 97
    Set them up in waves so I still get rewards.

Alliteratively, maybe just let me play the node once at max level + 50 or so more levels for good meausre. Clearing out that version gives me all the points and rewards.

Clearing 4 times is too much. Five is just aggravating. 

More fights = more health packs...! No way they'll ever do what you are suggesting unless the do one clear all was like 100 levels higher than normal
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker

I am glad to see more rewards, and if you'd have stopped there, I would have applauded the updated.  However, you're also requiring us to play more to get full progression.  That's not good

I think it was already asked, but I'll ask again, to get Full Progression now, can I complete the 5th clear immediately after the 4th, or are the points such that I must wait some time for points to regenerate before I can get enough from my 5th clears?

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    This is fantastic! Great news especially coupled with the availability of the intercept rewards for everyone (says the Steam player).