Confiscation Coup bugged

Options
madwren
madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
With 3 creatures on your side of the board, it will no longer allow you to steal your opponent's creature. This contradicts the wording on the card itself

It also had at least one instance of not triggering if I started the turn with less than 4 energy, and then generated 4 energy using Dovin Baan's first ability. It remained "uncastable" despite the fact all 4 energy were left unmatched on the board.

Comments

• AresOmega
    AresOmega Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    I had assumed if I had my side of the board fully populated, that it would not let me steal a creature, since the ownership change is a permanent one. Possibly working as intended. As for the second part, I cannot comment on that as I have not tried to use the card, as lacking in energize cards that I am.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It doesn't say it on the card, but just like with Welcome to the Fold and Exert Influence, you must have a creature slot available when you steal it, so probably not a big with the card as much as missing text on the card.

I've used it effectively before, so I am hoping the energy bug is a one-off for you, and not a new issue with the card.
  • p2dr
    p2dr Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Since a few days I started playing with Confiscation Coup and noticed the same problem with the energy gems. If you start your turn with less than 4 gems but then add energy gems (for example with Saheeli 1st ability or a spell that adds them), those do not get counted and I can't play the card, which is extremely annoying
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @p2dr that's odd, because I'm sure I've seen Coup go from inactive to active when I used DB's first ability. Maybe that's a different circumstance, tho, since I activate the ability before i make my move and spells start casting.