Predator and Prey PvP Tournament - March 3rd-5th

NorthernPolarity
NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
Buffed BP Tournament (looks to be around 40%).

Placement Rewards

1 IW Yellow
2-5 IM40 All Colors
6-15 IM40 Blue + Red
16-45 IM40 Red
46-75 M. Hawkeye All Colors
76-150 M. Hawkeye Purple + Red
151-200 M. Hawkeye Red
201+ 1* Recruit Token

Notable Progression Awards

300 Heroic token (ordinary one, not event)
700 Thor - Red
1200 BP - Yellow
1400 X-Force Green

Well, looks like another week of uninspiring rewards for 2* and 3* rosters alike. The 4* cover is even mediocre, as it's the most common (and least wanted) IW cover given out. With respec here, I am considering switching IM40 from 5 blue to 4 yellow, but I'm not sure if it is worth the effort to place in top 5. Red Thor at 700 might be decent for lowbies that still need the cover and can grind to it. I guess this will be more important to newer players transitioning into 3* characters, as IM40 is offered fairly often as a reward and is a semi-decent transition character.

Comments

• THANK YOU! So glad it is IM40 rewards. I can finally tank a full tournament, now that they aren't worth HP.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Hey - it's still 100 HP you want to give up :> tank responsibly =D
  • Nice tanking tourney....
  • The Black Panther theme looks so cute c:. He is a good tiny kitty.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    well if you're all gonna tank, mind not hitting me while I climb to 1200
  • NorthernPolarity
    Yeah, it's usually a bad idea to tank the 2 day tournaments: go for the LRs instead and just breeze to a top 45 finish on these instead!
  • jozier wrote:
    THANK YOU! So glad it is IM40 rewards. I can finally tank a full tournament, now that they aren't worth HP.

LMAO! Yeah I expect that a lot of the vets won't try too hard. I'm going to try for a top 15 and maybe t5 as long as it doesn't require too much hassle, just because the last time he was a reward I was still collecting Wolfie covers icon_rolleyes.gif
  • I think the only characters I have less cover for than IM40 are the 4 stars and The Hood, though I don't think it's worth burning a shield for IM40.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I think the only characters I have less cover for than IM40 are the 4 stars and The Hood, though I don't think it's worth burning a shield for IM40.

Same here. I only have one cover for each of those 2, everyone else has at least 2. Even Invisible woman and X-force Wolverine have 3-5 covers.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Be sure to at least open the tournament so that you get seed teams to tank with!
  • I'd like a yellow cover for respec but top 5 isn't worth it so this will be nice for iso (no skips) and tanking.
  • how do u guys tank...i feel like i never get hit anymore and im always paired with high levels
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have any yellow IW covers AND I need blue IM!
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Well, I have a lvl 89 5/2/2 Mk 40 who really needs 3 more blues and 1 more yellow - so give me an easy ride this time eh? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Not to mention the bag lady cover that every one on this forums says they're uninterested in
  • Why is the 300 reward a heroic token and not a predator and prey token.
    That must be a bug.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    I was going to take a break after those back-to-back long events but I haven't maxed my IM40 and now I have a juicy 1/1/2 BP.... curse you D3P
  • I have a 5/5/2 iM40. Sucks that his yellow is the upper tier, I don't want to waste HP using a shield to get one.
  • I hope we get Blue IW as rewards again soon. The only 4* cover I still need a bunch of (well, I need one or two non-red X Force covers but he sucks)
  • Since it looks like most people already have their IM40 covers, I hope I won't have much competition for them. It will be nice to have a low stress event after this past week.
  • Did they extend hero points further down? I don't recall if top 150 gave HP before.