Discontinuing S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts *Updated (5/18/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited May 2017 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone,

Due to technical difficulties around S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts, we will be discontinuing the feature starting on May 18th, 2017. Iso-8 and Hero Points have been added to Deadpool’s Daily Quest progression rewards and players who make purchases to support Marvel Puzzle Quest will continue to receive Bonus Rewards after completing Story Missions.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts provided players with an opportunity to earn bonus rewards by watching videos in between Story missions. However, due to technical difficulties with playing videos on some platforms, we were not happy with the experience the feature provided for all players. We will be discontinuing S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts starting on May 18th, 2017. We will also be adding rewards to Deadpool’s Daily Quest and keeping bonus rewards for players who make purchases.

To ensure that players still have access to the bonus rewards previously found in S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts we will be increasing the amount of Iso-8 and adding Hero Points to Deadpool’s Daily Quest progression rewards. Players can earn 150,000 Iso-8 (60% more than before!) and 300 Hero Points a month from Deadpool’s Daily Quest now.

Players who make purchases to support the game will also continue to receive Bonus Rewards after Story missions. Not only will players playing on Android and iOS devices be able to earn bonus rewards but we have expanded bonus rewards to include players playing on Steam and Amazon devices as well.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts provided players with additional ways to earn rewards which was great for everyone. However, it also introduced bugs and caused the game to stop unexpectedly which we are not happy about. While S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts will be ending soon, players will continue to earn the Iso-8 and Hero Points they received from them in Deadpool’s Daily Quest. We hope this solution will provide the best possible experience for everyone in Marvel Puzzle Quest. We would like to thank everyone for their participation, patience, and feedback while we explore giving players additional ways to earn rewards.

Update: Steam and Amazon users will unfortunately not be able to see Bonus Rewards until R127 is released early next week. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for increased goodies in deadpool daily. I am pretty frustrated that the daily will only give iso and hp. 

Will deadpool daily also include some more command points and elite/heroic tokens, or are those only going to be given out to the paying customers?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    So that's an extra 3000 ISO and 10 hero points per day, but no extra CP, elite, or hero tokens? (admittedly I've probably gotten 10 CP total from intercepts ever, but the tokens were quite plentiful). 

:/

As a Steam player, thanks.

Does " players who make purchases to support Marvel Puzzle Quest " include basic VIP membership? How long after a purchase will Bonus Rewards be available?
    I'd guess the same as before, so "Yes", and "For 28 days"
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ditto the Steam appreciation. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Yes. That should include basic VIP membership. As a VIP member, you will start seeing these Bonus Rewards occasionally after completing missions
  • LemmingStampede
    LemmingStampede Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    This really needs a lot more clarification. Right now it just seems like those of us who weren't plagued by the issues are getting punished. What does "" players who make purchases to support Marvel Puzzle Quest " actually mean? Will there be any way to make up for the loss of extra tokens that were gained from Intercepts, which was a major source of leveling characters for me?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    As i steam player i must thank you for this decision... now to the paying part - what do i have to buy and how much to unlock bonus rewards? And for how long will this bonus available to me?
  • Haldern
    Haldern Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    It sounds like the purchase aspect will remain unchanged. One purchase or VIP renewal will unlock the bonus rewards for 28 days. Looks like the two things changing are the video component going away which allows everyone to be included, and ftp'ers will only get bonuses in ddq.

Edited to add: It just remains unclear if tokens well be staying in the pve bonus rewards. 
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    As a Steam user, I'm very glad we now have access to the 'Bonuses', but I deeply feel this is really not enough to make up for the 6 MONTHS we've had to go without...
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Damn. I was in a nice rhythm with it. Champing a 4* about every week. Hopefully I can still keep my ISO and HP pace up with this change.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    Yes. That should include basic VIP membership. As a VIP member, you will start seeing these Bonus Rewards occasionally after completing missions
    What rewards though? Will VIP members continue to see elite/heroic/CP rewards?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to echo the sentiments of fellow steam players on this, good, this evens out the playing field again and now everyone gets more stuff.
  • Khartmann
    Khartmann Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    Wait. Were @Brigby said that we wouldn't get tokens and CP from intercepts? 

Edit: @waywreth just clarified that the CP and tokens continue as normal on bonus rewards. 
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    waywreth said:
    Style55 said:
    Brigby said:
    What rewards though? Will VIP members continue to see elite/heroic/CP rewards?
    Demiurge Anthony confirmed they would include the chance at Heroic and Elite tokens, and the occasional +1 CP.
    Sweet! Thanks so much for answering my question, I appreciate it. Just makes that 9.99 that much more enticing.
  • shriekingwillow
    shriekingwillow Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Another steam player here...Hoooo-rayyyy!!  The day of rewards equality between the platforms has finally come.  It just so happens this news comes on my 2nd anniversary of playing MPQ.  I'll accept this (and that Silver Surfer cover) as a personal birthday present.

I also support bonus rewards for supporting the game financially over bonus rewards for watching ads, but I suppose in a perfect world players could choose which type of support they preferred to offer.
  • Haldern
    Haldern Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    granne said:
    When I saw the thread title, my heart sank a little bit, so I was pleasantly surprised by the post contents.
    I think Archer said it best: "Are we not using 'phrasing' anymore?" "Replacing" or "improving" instead of "discontinuing" might have created fewer knee-jerk reactions.