Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
If that's what you like, go ahead.

Comments

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dyou think this was one of the ones he spent 5 minutes on, or dyou think he spent the full hour on this?
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev said:
    Dyou think this was one of the ones he spent 5 minutes on, or dyou think he spent the full hour on this?
    Who knows.  Perhaps even more?
    some cards take over an hour
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options

7 cost board wipe.  Great.  More fuel for the brilliant AI.  At least it gives a reason to spec for embalm.

Edit:  Wait, what does Exile do again?  I suppose it doesn't destroy creatures, so embalm doesn't work.  Wonderful.

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's the point of exile. Would work great against Scrounger and Amalgam, for example.

• AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    shteev said:
    As far as I understood your quote in the other thread, he just makes the design. He doesn't bother about the power level as this is done before. And how well this is done, we all know more or less.

Or do I misinterpret something there?
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madwren said:
    That's the point of exile. Would work great against Scrounger and Amalgam, for example.

would it exile all copies of the card in play or
    just the top copy?

HH
  • madwren
    Options
    hawkyh1 said:
    madwren said:

would it exile all copies of the card in play or
    just the top copy?

HH

That, we do not know. I would assume it would exile the stack, but that's a question the devs would have to answer.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It says battlefield... there's no reference to exiling copies of those cards outside the battlefield,  such as a library or graveyard. Such cards do exist in paper form, but they specifically state all copies of X targeted card in play,  graveyard and in their libraries are exiled. That isn't the case here. 
  • madwren
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    It says battlefield... there's no reference to exiling copies of those cards outside the battlefield,  such as a library or graveyard. Such cards do exist in paper form, but they specifically state all copies of X targeted card in play,  graveyard and in their libraries are exiled. That isn't the case here. 
    I was interpreting his question as specifically referring to reinforced creatures in play. For example, a Scrounger is cast, and then later another one comes into play. It is 12/10, consisting of two copies of said creature. Vindicate is cast on it. 

Do both the original and copy get exiled? Or does one of them get sent to the graveyard?
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I was asking about only creatures on the battlefield.
    (I hadn't considered destroyed cards as still in play)
    the example is exert influence takes your whole
    stack of reinforced creatures but only affects the
    the top creature card. the other copies still have
    their owner as the original player that summon
    them.

HH