MPQ at Marvel.com: Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Get ready for the deadliest woman in the galaxy to become even deadlier, as she slices and dices anyone that gets in her way.
Check out 4-Star Gamora here: Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
Tagged:

Comments

• JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Her description indicates that she has a particularly useful skill that really brings back some of the strategic elements to the game.  Can't wait to get her!!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2) is the only character in “Marvel Puzzle Quest” that can instantly down any character!

Deadpool says hi.

I feel like she could be meta-defining.  I'm sad I don't have Quake, but then again, the A.I. likely wouldn't play Quake right with her anyway.  Ant-Man (who I do have champed) is likely better for defense.

Are traps considered specials? If so, Doom is the obvious choice for best partner.

I really like her with Carol (I feel like that is said a lot around here).  Strikes to buff and continual countdown to buff them, plus the two of them cover 5/6 colors (ironically missing just a purple user). 

• Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Any character that self-stuns will have hard time against Gamora. IM40, beware.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    2-nerfs-ago 1* Venom says hi, also. 

Looks like a good one, in any case.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    "There are also characters that remove enemy Special Tiles like Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) and Quake (Daisy Johnson) either separately or even together since they use both Purple and Blue to eradicate Purple basic tiles."

Please fix this.  Kamala's Purple creates green and does not remove special tiles.  Did you get this Ms. Marvel confused with any of the 3 other versions?

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    "There are also characters that remove enemy Special Tiles like Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) and Quake (Daisy Johnson) either separately or even together since they use both Purple and Blue to eradicate Purple basic tiles."

Please fix this.  Kamala's Purple creates green and does not remove special tiles.  Did you get this Ms. Marvel confused with any of the 3 other versions?

Yeah I was like, uh Kamala can't do that...
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    God her blue is going to be a total pain. Glad to get another strike tile creator, looking forward to messing around with her. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Frustrating she is earned through another run of Hearts of Darkness. It seems like we see that event far too often. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope they don't pair her with certain HAMMER/SHIELD or ISO Mutant goons.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Another countdown tile and special tile creator. Should pair well with Drax's passive for the Guardians theme, or Carol of course.
    I do like that the instakill is passive, would hate to meet the conditions on the board but not have the ap to activate it.
    If traps count, then Antman at 5 purple will do it pretty easily. If the enemy tanks purple Xforce Deadpool could help. Kamala can turn the basic purple tiles green, leaving only friendly purple special tiles, is that what they were suggesting?
    Gamora Carol and Daredevil would be good, stun lock enemy until you fill the board with specials to down someone.

Edit: Originally thought her countdown refreshed constantly like R&G, read that it is a 2 turn cd at 1 cover
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:

I believe he didn't mix up the character but the kind of utility he was talking about. Both Quake and Kamala remove a number of purple tiles (Quake by destroying them and Kamala by turning them green), making it easier to fill the few left with special tiles.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    So, using Storm 3* and her black actually makes this Gamora unstoppable?
    And how much purple specials do we need? If there is 1 purple on the board and i made it special, does passive work?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty intense! So if the board only has one purple tile, and she makes it hers, you die? Whoa...
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Hearts of darkness is a token fest and the first three subs are going central. Looking forward to playing this one :)
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I wonder if this was part of the reasoning behind un-nerfing SWitch...

Gamora's going to be quite the scarecrow, I think, and very handy for Boss fights.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    At the start of your turn virtually assures this passive never triggers. Too much happens between you making a move and the ai making a move to ever set this up
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Very fun looking character.  B)

For anyone who hasn't examined the gallery:

L70 Deadly Strike w/ 1 cover:
    > 713 Damage
    > 2 Turn countdown dealing 179 damage each turn

L70 Deadly Strike w/ 2 covers:
    > 991 Damage
    > 2 Turn countdown dealing 249 damage each turn

L?? The Deadliest Woman... w/ 2 covers
    > 4 Strength 88 purple attack or strike tiles

L?? The Deadliest Woman... w/ 3 covers
    > 4 Strength 112 purple attack or strike tiles

L270 Incapacitate w/ 5 covers
    > Stuns target for 3 turns
    > Stuns random enemy for 1 turn
    > Passive creates a strength 211 purple attack or strike tile
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Frank Castle also feels left out by the "only character with an instant kill" comment. 

Anyway, I suddenly regret never champing Ant-Man, because his purple is tailor-made for that passive. Other candidates include Kamala Khan (convert purples to special tiles, then convert whatever basic purples remain to green), Bullseye/Storm (just !#$%ing blanket the board in specials) or Quake (but her blue can remove special tiles, so be careful). Looks like fun, though!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    pheregas said:

Yeah I was like, uh Kamala can't do that...
    She can, however, convert all other basic Purple tiles to Green so that the only remaining ones are (hopefully friendly) Special tiles.

Elektra would be decent at this too. 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I can't see elektra being too useful since she gives the enemy purple special tiles and all tiles need to be your team's for her instant kill to work.