Unobtanium

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
I've *just* acquired enough mana jewels to get me to 1.2k!! That's a cool *3* mythics I can afford buying Elite packs, and any one of those cards has around a 5% chance of being a Masterpiece! When you do the maths, that makes THREE MYTHICS! In ten weeks!

I was wondering how many the rest of you have gathered? I've played most of the events that gave mana jewels in that time, except TOTP which I quickly grew tired of when it was introduced but started playing again in earnest about a week or two ago. Haven't bought any bundles which included jewels, tho, because, yknow, Not. Another. Dime.

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I have received 0 new mythics since February, and the game is pretty boring aside from the Rishkar event. Hopefully Amonkhet is good to me.

//Removed Inappropriate Content -Brigby
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm close to 500 jewels, so it'll be just one mythic once the new masterpieces arrive. I don't remember when I had my last mythic card from anything.
  • toastie
    toastie Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm close to 500 jewels, so it'll be just one mythic once the new masterpieces arrive. I don't remember when I had my last mythic card from anything.
    Here's the problem. Game doesn't feel rewarding anymore. I haven't gotten a new KLD card in over a month now.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    madwren said:
    I have received 0 new mythics since February, and the game is pretty boring aside from the Rishkar event. Hopefully Amonkhet is good to me.
    Yeah, but you're sitting on KLD packs, and jewels, right? How many jewels have you collected in the past 10 weeks?
  • madwren
    edited May 2017
    Options
    shteev said:
    madwren said:
    I have received 0 new mythics since February, and the game is pretty boring aside from the Rishkars event. Hopefully Amonkhet is good to me.
    Yeah, but you're sitting on KLD packs, and jewels, right? How many jewels have you collected in the past 10 weeks?

I'm missing 7 mythics from KLD, and of course a few from AER because of the exclusives. I have 35 packs and 983 jewels. I've only hoarded packs since sometime in April, because I got tired of getting nothing new (i.e. chasing Dynavolt) and figured I should wait for the exclusives.

• babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have managed to farm up nearly 1600 mana jewels

• cmassive13
    cmassive13 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Currently have 255 jewels. Bought one mythic pack, got a load of trash. Spent 200 more on a guaranteed mythic pack 2 weeks ago, got my upteenth Whale ffs. Still missing a bunch of mythics from both sets
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't collect unopened stuff.
    150 unobtainium right now, 400 used for a mythic = 550 total.
    Mythics collected.. I got one new from the 150 guaranteed rare offer, and somehow managed to get two new ones last Wednesday from two kld boosters. Three in two weeks does look good, but the last one before was.. Two weeks before tez became available.
    But I did collect a ton of mostly dupe rares, since every event offers only kld rares that wasn't unexpected.

• MrMoustache
    MrMoustache Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm about 80% of the way to my first super-duper pack. I might have enough for one by the end of the month.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    got enough for a super pack only 150 purple gems since i did use one on the 200 mythic pack dupe shocker the crystal ones i sis far better 3 packs 2 new one dupe gold
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    237 current total  jewels but I did redeem 400 for a sword of body and mind
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've worked incredibly hard to get a grand total of 23 Mana Jewels.

I'm a platinum who stopped spending money a long time ago. I wish I could go back to Silver because I just can't compete against Mythic-filled Koth/Kiora decks featuring the same boring pattern of Olivia, Decimator, Hixus, Baral, Ulrich etc etc etc...

At least Training Grounds has helped me take in Crystals consistently. I recently saved up to buy a 300 Crystal booster pack (of duplicates). 

Struggling to maintain a 50% Win/Loss ratio is really frustrating. Yeah maybe I'm just not a great strategic player but the only solution now appears to be to continuously pump money into the game. 

Why do I even play this game anymore?
                         ---- Sunk cost fallacy ----

//Removed Inappropriate Content -Brigby
  • madwren
    Options
    EDHdad said:
    I put it in my Kiora deck to augment other fair and balanced cards like Thopter Spy Network, From Beyond, Drowner of Hope, Dubious Challenge and Imprisioned in the Moon.

I see what you did there.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    hey that sarcasm is copyrighted cease and desist or i might have to sue you for all your unobtainium lol
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    205 jewels including free 100, and after I spent 200
    on a mythic. I play coalition events and sometimes
    the arena when I have the planeswalkers.

HH