Special Offer Bundling.

Options
2»

Comments

• Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It seems that the google store translates it to 40 euros, aka almost 50% more than it should cost (depending on exchange fluctuations).

Even worse, 1 USD= 6,8 dkr, vbut the store seems to think its closer to 1 USD=10 DKR at times
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    When I was still in Germany, I had to pay the us dollar price in Euro plus 10% tax.
    I don't know if it is generalised in Europe, but I think I heard that it is cheaper in France? 

Maybe someone from there can tell us what they pay.
  • Monkeynutts85
    Monkeynutts85 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I haven't purchase with crystals a single booster since the boxes became 5 packs etc.
    The rare rate hasn't changed. You lose 9 pack but half the cost. so its not even 7 packs for 300!! Your removing the standard incentive.

Being able to get cards YOU WANT for crystals, jewels or maybe even runes will allow people to get cards they are looking for.
    Ive been playing since the game came out and there are still Origins rares and mythics I've never been able to get despite the amount of packs I've opened. Thats really poor, and would of hoped trading or spot purchases would have been available.
    It seems stranges as most will have a flutter if a card they really want is available.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dsagent said:
    Are you talking about the bundles? I am talking about selling individual cards like rates and uncommons will show up in the vault for a while.
    This bundles are so expensive I can buy a full game for that price.
    Well, that wasn't clear. So : they do. Sometimes. And not even for cash..but also not the best cards .

You pay $40. We pay £38.99. I think that's like $50.26.  Seems they screw the UK market.  Also means that the US market has an advantage again as it's cheaper for all of you in US to play.   Doesn't seem fair to me? 
    That is called price discrimination. It's a very common strategie, more or less based on the average purchasing power per capita. You also pay way more money for your food and beer than in central Europe, dont you? Ever thought about re-imported cars, how they could be that cheap?
    Is it fair? Not particularity, but it's also not explicitly unfair. A fixed price for everyone based on exchange rates wouldn't be fair for people from developing countries with not that strong currencies, would it? Remember, that the purchasing power of the US $ also differs in different regions of the world.
    Thuran said:
    It seems that the google store translates it to 40 euros, aka almost 50% more than it should cost (depending on exchange fluctuations).

Even worse, 1 USD= 6,8 dkr, vbut the store seems to think its closer to 1 USD=10 DKR at times

When did you calculate that - 2001? It's 38.99€, worth 42.63 US $ today. I might not be a mathematician, but 50% looks different.
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The point was that the exchange rate is a lot worse than it is supposed to be in reality, yes in the real world it should be less than 39 euro, but that is not the price the google store make us pay.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Over here in SG, The recently ended Herald of Anguish pack sold for 58.98sgd. 
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Laeuftbeidir.  I don't think you can argue the dollar rate is worse than sterling or euro.  I think the US purchasing power is on a par with the UK at the very least and argueing than a lot of poorer countries use the dollar is lost against the same fact for the Euro.

So just price it so that all can buy in the first place and not try and be clever with working out per capita average purchasing power.  We pay more for our food and cars but not because of greedy organisation.or exchange rates but because we have a higher level of taxation than most.  So we are double dammed 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    @Laeuftbeidir.  I don't think you can argue the dollar rate is worse than sterling or euro.  I think the US purchasing power is on a par with the UK at the very least and argueing than a lot of poorer countries use the dollar is lost against the same fact for the Euro.

So just price it so that all can buy in the first place and not try and be clever with working out per capita average purchasing power.  We pay more for our food and cars but not because of greedy organisation.or exchange rates but because we have a higher level of taxation than most.  So we are double dammed

Okay, some points
     I didn't use exchange rates as an argument. I only answered an argument based on an exchange rate that was far away from reality. Actually I did the opposite before : I argued that the pricing system works independent from exchange rates, and that is something totally common. PPpC also wasn't my ultimate argument, just a simplified explanation why the prices differ that much based on the country settings you use. And without further information on the prices in different countries that's all I can do to "try to be clever".

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    Thanks for that! Now I've got something useful to do ;)
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sorry @Laeuftbeidir. Made that seem I was having a go at you.... was aimed at the greedy corporations etc. My point was really if the company made the price cheaper everyone could afford it. Rather them them trying to do demographic info badly 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    Sorry @Laeuftbeidir. Made that seem I was having a go at you.... was aimed at the greedy corporations etc. My point was really if the company made the price cheaper everyone could afford it. Rather them them trying to do demographic info badly 
    No insult taken, if that is, what you're concerned about ;)
    Since the very reason for the existence of a company is to generate profit, and not to make a product that everyone can afford, I don't have a problem with them trying to do that. I'm not trying to justify their strategy, I'm just interested in it as a whole. For me, actually, the prices are far to high. But since I won't be spending a dime, I benefit indirectly by the high prices ;)