Amonkhet Card Gallery *Updated (6/26/17)

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to say I'm really intrigued by the set but the uncertainty how exactly everything will work, makes it hard to judge it. Two questions though:

- Why don't we see all the cards at once?
    - When we have all the cards, will the solve the color imbalance? (atm, 2 black mythics vs. 5 red mythics, 7 black uncommons vs. 2 green uncommons, 12 common in every color but red which has only 10)
    - While the introduction of standard explains why there are new commons that we normally wouldn't play, why don't they start some kind of draft format that would force us to build decks with certain cards?
    They cut cards that are reprints from earlier sets. For example, Demolish was a card printed in Origins and in Kaladesh. As a result, since it was already in game, they didn't rerelease it into the Kaladesh set resulting in a color imbalance. 

Tormenting Voice is a red common printed in Amonkhet already in the game from Shadows over Innistrad, so it's bee ignored. (Side note: since standard rotation is a thing now, and chance you'll update art and set symbols for reprints from older sets to make them playable again?)
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    They do play pretty fast and loose with the rarities, though. They bumped a lot of uncommons to rare and rare to mythic, for example.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    wereotter said:
    I have to say I'm really intrigued by the set but the uncertainty how exactly everything will work, makes it hard to judge it. Two questions though:

- When we have all the cards, will the solve the color imbalance? (atm, 2 black mythics vs. 5 red mythics, 7 black uncommons vs. 2 green uncommons, 12 common in every color but red which has only 10)
    - While the introduction of standard explains why there are new commons that we normally wouldn't play, why don't they start some kind of draft format that would force us to build decks with certain cards?
    They cut cards that are reprints from earlier sets. For example, Demolish was a card printed in Origins and in Kaladesh. As a result, since it was already in game, they didn't rerelease it into the Kaladesh set resulting in a color imbalance. 

Tormenting Voice is a red common printed in Amonkhet already in the game from Shadows over Innistrad, so it's bee ignored. (Side note: since standard rotation is a thing now, and chance you'll update art and set symbols for reprints from older sets to make them playable again?)
    They announced 155 cards but the card gallery only features 144. So, where is the rest?

Cutting reprints is not enough of an explanation for the imbalance, especially not for the mythics. And if some cards can't be converted well, shouldn't they try to cut other cards to restore balance again?
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    They announced 155 cards but the card gallery only features 144. So, where is the rest?
    148. The rest are apparently getting posted on Tuesday.
  • madwren
    edited May 2017
    wereotter said:

Cutting reprints is not enough of an explanation for the imbalance, especially not for the mythics. And if some cards can't be converted well, shouldn't they try to cut other cards to restore balance again?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/680880/#Comment_680880

They aren't showing us the exclusives right away, except for Gloombringer and Vizier of Many Faces.

• Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    And the angel, which they also confirmed as exclusive
  • jetnoctis
    jetnoctis Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Event exclusive or buy exclusive? 
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    jetnoctis said:
    Event exclusive or buy exclusive? 
    There's no way to know that until it's released in game, unfortunately. 
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Last set they listed which were event rewards in the release notes along with the details of the new events.  Just have to be patient.  I wouldn't be upset if the axed event reward exclusive mythics, personally.  But I know I don't speak for everyone.  I find those events stressful and tempers erupt on the forums during those.
  • jetnoctis
    jetnoctis Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    James13 said:
    Last set they listed which were event rewards in the release notes along with the details of the new events.  Just have to be patient.  I wouldn't be upset if the axed event reward exclusive mythics, personally.  But I know I don't speak for everyone.  I find those events stressful and tempers erupt on the forums during those.

Those type of events certainly do make us care a lot more about playing and winning the game: it reaches a protracted - some might say tantric - three-day fever pitch. I really hope they remain because we have no other chances to get exciting mythic cards from events anymore.
  • wereotter
    James13 said:
    It's also possible they learned from frequent requests to sell the event reward mythics. Perhaps they are event rewards that are sold for real currency a week or two later. That's absolutely what they ought to have done for at least Dynavolt Tower. Trying to meet energize objectives in every event that followed was immensely easier for those who won that card. 
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    The first card that gets my attention is Glyph Keeper. Goodness, needing 2 kill spells to kill this guy (and he has Embalm) is going to get tiring REAL fast. And this is after Oath of Lili rotates out. Yikes. (EDIT: We have Trial of Ambition. Which still leaves nonblacks in the cold)

Hazoret's Favor... yikes, this card pretty much is the new Olivia/Decimator.

The red, white and green support destroyers at common.... Well, given how strong Supports can be, maybe these are a good thing? Red still has Demolish, though, since we still keep Origins after rotation, but eh... Oh, but Cycling looks delicious.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    We have added the Masterpiece cards to the Masterpiece Collection gallery - https://d3go.com/mtgpq-card-list-masterpiece/
  • madwren
    LakeStone said:
    We have added the Masterpiece cards to the Masterpiece Collection gallery - https://d3go.com/mtgpq-card-list-masterpiece/

Are these cards going to be playable in the new BFZ/SOI-less PVP environment, which we've been calling Standard?
  • Infested
    Infested Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Holy **** some of those cards really are masterpieces.
  • toastie
    toastie Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    So that's where all of the good cards are hiding... 
  • MrMoustache
    MrMoustache Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    LakeStone said:
    Why do they show the Amonkhet set icon instead of the Invocation set icon (like how Kaladesh Masterpieces show the Invention set icon)?
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Wow, those are some powerful cards! 
  • wereotter
    [arNero] said:
    The first card that gets my attention is Glyph Keeper. Goodness, needing 2 kill spells to kill this guy (and he has Embalm) is going to get tiring REAL fast. And this is after Oath of Lili rotates out. Yikes. (EDIT: We have Trial of Ambition. Which still leaves nonblacks in the cold)

Hazoret's Favor... yikes, this card pretty much is the new Olivia/Decimator.

The red, white and green support destroyers at common.... Well, given how strong Supports can be, maybe these are a good thing? Red still has Demolish, though, since we still keep Origins after rotation, but eh... Oh, but Cycling looks delicious.
    Haven't tried the green support removal, but I LOOOOOVE that the red and the white one has cycling. I always used to debate including it or not since if my opponent wasn't running enough supports they became dead cards in my hand. Being able to cycle them away is amazing!
  • wereotter
    Can someone confirm if this is a full set list? I've noticed in the patch notes that more cards will be added later, but apart from Temmet, every card here is in the game. Also what's up with him? Do we know why he's absent from the in-game card list?

@Brigsby, @LakeStone, can either of you shed any light on this?