Complete DDQ4 (Crash) Guide - Tips for all Matchups

Comments

• Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Sorry team, was on vacation last week and haven't yet been able to stomach this new format well enough to give a good update.....give me some time.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Was all ready to update for the Peggy Crash but realized that much of the OP got eaten by the forum migration, so I'm dealing with that first.

Just real quick though on Peggy.......it's freaking hard.  Peggy is awesome, but her blue takes a HUGE hit 1v1 because you lose the stun and the damage is cut to 1/3.....if you can even keep your CD out.  Wasp's passive hurts once she has enough blue, and that black will take you out quick.....plus stun if there is blue.

So I think the plan here is to deny blue HARD.  You need it anyway, but if she gets just 2 blue matches you are going to get hosed by her CD, and then more than that and her black will stun you too.....if you even have enough health to survive it.  Denying yellow is of little importance since it isn't active for you, but a R/Y match damage boost would probably be a good help on this one.

My Peggy is actually level 310 and I wiped twice on this one.   :o
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    1-3-2 Carol at level 131 downed Iron Man.  Gave it a few shots earlier in the week before I earned that Black cover...it was suicide.  Just One Black cover is CRAZY how much more damage it can do.

I'm pretty sure I could have done it at a lower level with my build, but was paranoid as I was well into the cycle before I could give it an attempt that had a prayer.
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    'the Thing' comes before 'invisible Woman'. 

• kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler

My Thing is 1/3/3 lvl 152 and I'm having a heck of a hard time beating Human Torch. I deny red as much as I can and then prioritize black and green, but not dice.

I've tried it with several boosts:
    +2 all AP, +2 R/Y, +2 B/G
    +2 all AP, +50% dmg R/Y, +50% dmg B/G

Still, I'm able to get him down to about 2.500 - 3.000 health before I die but that's it. Any suggestions or help? Should I purchase a red Thing cover from the Heroes for Hire vault and level him up some more? Or give up?

Spent 10 health packs and a bunch of boosts to no avail so far.

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker

@kyo28 - there are usually good tips for the current crash in the Events section of the forum - what helped me was waiting until Torch had fired his black before using Things green power, as *hopefully* the board smash will take out a lot of the attack tiles. Also save red until you are in a situation where you can see your move is going to unavaoidably set up a nice move for HT. Use red, stun him a turn, and then you can do both moves.

Having said all that, you may need some more covers, just for the extra health it will give Thing, as HT is gonna damage you one way or another!

• Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I've made it with a lvl 111 1/3/0 Carnage.
    How to: Play defence, using black to generate damage over time. Match opponent special tiles to maximize damage and avoid yours. But try to never leave one of your special being matched away or it will generate deadly (in time) black tile. Then avoid givin too much blue, cause if it fire it, you are probably out. And last aim for red as it will be your main damage dealer. After having 21 red, it should be 2 or 3 turn away of the end of the fight. Still not that easy, I made it on my 6th trial.
    Recommended boost. +2YR, +2All, +50%Black/Green
  • American42
    American42 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Anyone have any tips to beating thaos with drax? 
    188 4black/3pink/2red getting within 3,000 but still unable to beat him. Using helps too and still no luck
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Anyone have any tips to beating thaos with drax? 
    188 4black/3pink/2red getting within 3,000 but still unable to beat him. Using helps too and still no luck
    Collect black and wait until thanos drops one or both of his countdown tiles for the extra damage. So letting collect green is a good idea, purple to an extent. I managed to beat him with a LVL 150 2/3/3 Drax with 50% bonus to G/B and P/B and +2 stockpile.
    I let him drop his green and then try to let him collect purple to drop that too before his green would run out but if he drops purple get rid of it straight away, the extra damage adds up quick. 
  • American42
    Thanks cubnad will try that!
  • American42
    Worked thanks again took two tries to get enough black but got it! 
  • Mr_Aziz
    Mr_Aziz Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    this is a bit early since Spider Gwen is like 2 weeks from now but that fight is a no go if you don't have red covers for her, no?

also wasn't Carol's opponent 5 Star Iron Man? that fight was pretty tough for me at least
  • finlanderboy
    finlanderboy Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    It looks like this thread has been abandoned too.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Update this thred please!

Currently been trying to bring down Human Torch with my 3-1-3 Medusa. I use match damage + crit damage boost 100% and manage to bring him down to about 2000hp. I try very hard to deny him red/green/black but its almost impossible to deny him all colors. Ive tryed to focus on deny red because its a heavy nuke for my lvl 152 Medusa but whats really kills me id his black attack tiles. If i cover medusa 1 more purple i can turn his attack tiles to my advantage but i lack the HP to buy that cover in HFH. Got any usefull tips or should i just stop being so cheap and buy some HP?
  • finlanderboy
    finlanderboy Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    Focus on red, and then green.  Try to set up matches in the middle so when he does land his black you gobble them for some ap.  You might get some purple to use her ability
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Focus on red, and then green.  Try to set up matches in the middle so when he does land his black you gobble them for some ap.  You might get some purple to use her ability
    Yeah i managed to beat him late yesterday. I wrote about it in the Best moment of the day thred :)

Thanks tho :)
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    talleman said:
    Update this thred please!

Currently been trying to bring down Human Torch with my 3-1-3 Medusa. I use match damage + crit damage boost 100% and manage to bring him down to about 2000hp. I try very hard to deny him red/green/black but its almost impossible to deny him all colors. Ive tryed to focus on deny red because its a heavy nuke for my lvl 152 Medusa but whats really kills me id his black attack tiles. If i cover medusa 1 more purple i can turn his attack tiles to my advantage but i lack the HP to buy that cover in HFH. Got any usefull tips or should i just stop being so cheap and buy some HP?
    You would have to remake it.  Fightmaster has been shut down on the forums.  Not sure if he'll be allowed back and/or would update if they let him.  
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    for his unbelievable performance in his crash against gamora, blue merle gets a permanent spot on the bench.
    i wasted several thousand iso to raise him to 130 or something, should have stayed at 70 and ignore him. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell said:
    for his unbelievable performance in his crash against gamora, blue merle gets a permanent spot on the bench.
    i wasted several thousand iso to raise him to 130 or something, should have stayed at 70 and ignore him. 

What's your cover configuration? My 2/1/4 Yondu was able to pull it off with some difficulty. Success in this one is dependent on your number of blue covers it seems, yellow and black won't be much help.

And of course there are easier opponents than Gamora...

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine's 5/3/5 but Level 90 and it took about six or seven tries, but I got her. I had to start with +2 B/P, +2 G/B, +2 All AP boosts, but didn't use damage boosts. 

Having a lot of blue covers definitely helps, and you have to deny her from getting any of her colors whenever possible, but it is beatable at lower levels. But if you are undercovered in blue, it does become significantly harder.