Buy 3star covers with HP?

Options
nihilium
nihilium Posts: 242
edited March 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Is it worth it?
Im missing one last red punisher cover and im not sure if I should bother with my luck or better collect some HP...? icon_e_smile.gif

... or wait for events?
What should I do? O.o

Comments

• If you don't have the iso to level it to 141, I wouldn't buy it.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Options
    Im more dieing to get the 40% on the red skill...
    Dont dare to raise his lvl because im scared itll raise pve enemy lvls v.v
  • nihilium wrote:
    Im more dieing to get the 40% on the red skill...
    Dont dare to raise his lvl because im scared itll raise pve enemy lvls v.v

It's whatever is worth to you. For some they used it on blue spiderman, then there were 2 tourneys with spiderman rewards. I almost used mine on red CMag tokens, but I'm glad I didn't because there where quite a few CMag tourneys that came up the next few days. Punisher isn't an overly rare reward.
  • nihilium wrote:
    Is it worth it?
    Im missing one last red punisher cover and im not sure if I should bother with my luck or better collect some HP...? icon_e_smile.gif

... or wait for events?
    What should I do? O.o

even you spend your hp on a guarantee package... from the forum that i had read... you probably end up with more useless cover compare to the cover you wish to obtain... as for me getting those cover from event has more solid chances compared trying your luck pulling out impossible cover... and to be real i haven't manage pull out any 3* cover
    that i needed even with multiple advance token... too little chances... especially like Ragnarok or IM40 blue
  • I always buy covers of characters I use. Blue Spidey, green widow, black hulk, etc. even Red Thor, back when he was OP.

It all comes down to two factors, do I use this character a lot? And does their 5th cover make a big difference on the effect of the ability?
  • I have no qualms about buying HP covers (I've bought blue spidey and two black hulks) but I wouldn't buy a Punisher cover. Punisher is given out super often. I probably could have built 3 full punishers by now.
  • So long as you have enough cover slots for future characters or excess hp to buy more cover slots when needed go for it. If that extra cover helps you win a few tournaments you otherwise wouldn't have won then it's worth it.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As long as you have enough HP to sustain increasing your roster to support the newly released characters and shielding during tournaments, you can basically do whatever you want with your HP. I don't personally don't think it's worth it. Lets say it takes 2 weeks for you to get the Punisher cover through an event: I'm not sure if spending 1250HP is worth having a single red Punisher cover 2 weeks earlier, since I doubt it'll singlehandedly help you win events. If it were something like getting C. Mags blue from 3 to 5, then sure, as that would turn the skill from mediocre to one of the best skills in the game that will single-handedly win you matches, but Punisher's red isn't that dramatic of a change, so meh.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have been hoarding mine for a couple key covers as well but the ones i had targeted were for of course C mag and spiderman. I have a 4-3-2 spidey and 4-2-1 c mags but the wait continues ! I started dumping ISO into spiderman im banking on the fact that he still will have to be a reliable support character no mater how neuter him.
  • It's worth it for some particularly broken stuff like Magnetic FIeld, ATU, or Dorammu's Aid, but make sure you still have about 300 HP left because that's probably the worst case scenario you'd need for shields. You don't want to be caught in a position where you need the covers from a tournament but don't have enough left to buy shields.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    It's worth it for some particularly broken stuff like Magnetic FIeld, ATU, or Dorammu's Aid, but make sure you still have about 300 HP left because that's probably the worst case scenario you'd need for shields. You don't want to be caught in a position where you need the covers from a tournament but don't have enough left to buy shields.
    Dorammu's aid really that powerful at 5? I don't see many hood teams but his cover's havn't been that easy to come by.
  • Phantron wrote:
    It's worth it for some particularly broken stuff like Magnetic FIeld, ATU, or Dorammu's Aid, but make sure you still have about 300 HP left because that's probably the worst case scenario you'd need for shields. You don't want to be caught in a position where you need the covers from a tournament but don't have enough left to buy shields.
    Dorammu's aid really that powerful at 5? I don't see many hood teams but his cover's havn't been that easy to come by.

I disagree that Dormammu's Aid is broken, but it is incredibly powerful. It's not used frequently because Hood has very low health. But as a level 230 villain it is wildly powerful.
  • Phantron wrote:

Dorammu's aid is the most broken ability in the game on defense, because that's the one ability the AI can't screw up using. On offense, it's merely overpowered but doesn't come close to the broken status of the two godlike blue abilities in the game, ATU and Magnetic Field.