3* Champion Team Comps

Options
Phaserhawk
Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I was wondering what people think the best Combo's are with 3* champs. The goal is not what best three characters make the best team, it's what would make one character the best they could be this would include 1 or 2 stars. I'll get the ball rolling and go from there. I'll start simple with a universally agreed build.

Punisher 3/5/5

You obviously want blue, yellow, and purple and guess who meets those in one fail swoop

Spiderman 3/5/5

So we have Heal, strike tile, attack tile, defense tiles, stuns, finishing move where to go from here?

Well someone with a purple active so as to act of the Spiderman so Black Widow Grey Suit, Daredevil, Loki, Magneto Classic are our options.
Loki--has his moments, but...deals no direct damage, this would be a good counter to our deck, but I say no
BWGS--She won't be fighting red with Punisher, but she could with her Green, she's a bit squishy but a solid choice
Daredevil--He competes with Punisher's red, and spiderman's blue, and is tile dependent, I actually think he's okay, but...Punisher's Green counter acts his ability so that a no.
Magneto Classic:His negatives are he has a red and a blue that will fight with spiderman and punisher

So to maximize the rainbow, either BWGS or Magneto Clas are the best pairings. BWGS fights for colors the least and if punisher goes down before her she can still finish teams, Magneto's blue would never be used due to Spidey's. While Mags may be more powerful, BWGS competes less

If you don't care about rainbow Indestructable hulk while having the same colors as Punisher, acts more of a tank and a green generator, wolverine Patch would do the same thing as well.

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I was wondering what people think the best Combo's are with 3* champs. The goal is not what best three characters make the best team, it's what would make one character the best they could be this would include 1 or 2 stars. I'll get the ball rolling and go from there. I'll start simple with a universally agreed build.

Punisher 3/5/5

You obviously want blue, yellow, and purple and guess who meets those in one fail swoop

Spiderman 3/5/5

So we have Heal, strike tile, attack tile, defense tiles, stuns, finishing move where to go from here?

Well someone with a purple active so as to act of the Spiderman so Black Widow Grey Suit, Daredevil, Loki, Magneto Classic are our options.
    Loki--has his moments, but...deals no direct damage, this would be a good counter to our deck, but I say no
    BWGS--She won't be fighting red with Punisher, but she could with her Green, she's a bit squishy but a solid choice
    Daredevil--He competes with Punisher's red, and spiderman's blue, and is tile dependent, I actually think he's okay, but...Punisher's Green counter acts his ability so that a no.
    Magneto Classic:His negatives are he has a red and a blue that will fight with spiderman and punisher

So to maximize the rainbow, either BWGS or Magneto Clas are the best pairings. BWGS fights for colors the least and if punisher goes down before her she can still finish teams, Magneto's blue would never be used due to Spidey's. While Mags may be more powerful, BWGS competes less

If you don't care about rainbow Indestructable hulk while having the same colors as Punisher, acts more of a tank and a green generator, wolverine Patch would do the same thing as well.

For Punisher/C. Spidey, I think C. Mags is far superior than GSBW. GSBW's main purpose is to have a game ending green, but Punisher wants green as that is his most powerful ability. In practice, C. Mag's blue doesn't really compete with spidey's blue. You're going to be using it for match-4s for strike tile damage and AP generation, so C. Mag's blue is really only costing him 1 blue AP per use, which is pretty negligible. C. Mag's red does somewhat compete with Punisher's red, but its a nice option to have in case you really need to shake up the board, not to mention that you aren't bringing C. Mag's along for the red anyways. I think purple is the main skill that pushes C. Mags over the top: while GSBW's purple fuels green, C. Mag's purple will straight up one-shot someone, and so he seems like the far better candidate to use.

Theres also a lot of things to consider here: are we talking about teams on offense or defense? What about more synergy-driven comps such as Patch/Loki/Spidey?
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lots of people use 5/5/3 punisher
  • Without factoring in character boosts, Spiderman + Patch + Magneto classic is pretty much the strongest team. You don't even really need Spiderman, but it's good to have him around just in case. Patch is by far the strongest offensive character in the game, and Spiderman and Magneto not only covers his weakness but they both have abilities that totally abuse Berserker Rage. Between Patch and Magneto you often don't even need to stun anybody because Berserker Rage + Magnetized Particle or Magnetic Field is often enough to kill everyone, but you can always stun them if that somehow didn't work.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Puritas wrote:
    Lots of people use 5/5/3 punisher

I feel bad for those people

Lvl 3 black attack tile damage = 94
    Lvl 5 black attack tile damage = 113

Lvl 3 black damage = 557
    Lvl 5 black damage = 557

Lvl 3 = 3 CD
    Lvl 5 = 2 CD

Lvl 3 red you down them at less than 30% max damage 741
    Lvl 5 Red you down them at less than 40% max damage 1482

Hmm. So you are saying that 19 extra damage per turn overtime is better than 741 extra damage instantly? Even if you had 5 tiles out, it would take you 8 turns to equal the damage of a lvl 5 red. I can see 5/5/3 being argueably better against bots and maggia and hammer, but not against active tile matching oponents
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3 strike tiles from green @ 104 = 312
    + 113 from level 5 moly

That extra moly tick counts for 425 damage, even without strike tiles from other heroes

Add in all the situations after that where that 1 cd means you have a strike tile out before your moly/strike got matched, and 5/5/3 and 3/5/5 actually average the same damage as each other.

Pair him with another strike tile generator and the ratio goes more in favor of 5/5/3
    Vs him with 20k+ hp opponents, and the ratio goes more in favor of 3/5/5
  • Phantron wrote:
    Without factoring in character boosts, Spiderman + Patch + Magneto classic is pretty much the strongest team. You don't even really need Spiderman, but it's good to have him around just in case. Patch is by far the strongest offensive character in the game, and Spiderman and Magneto not only covers his weakness but they both have abilities that totally abuse Berserker Rage. Between Patch and Magneto you often don't even need to stun anybody because Berserker Rage + Magnetized Particle or Magnetic Field is often enough to kill everyone, but you can always stun them if that somehow didn't work.

Agreed. This is an insane team. With this team I could easily down any regular opponent and even took down some 230 teams. Keeping in mind my C mag was only lvl 8x.

At OP, you seem to have glossed over patch, spidey/loki, punisher/psylocke. In whichever case, spidey/loki protect your team from the negative effects of patch. Punisher/psylocke use their red and black skills to cause massive damage once the strike tiles are up. (Spidey works better than loki, because loki needs black too).
  • For longevity I use:
    Spidey (5/3/5), C.Mags (5/4/4), and Patch (5/3/5)
    Mags blue crits the face off the opponent, Patch launches Green, Mags spams Red. Cascades match purple, Spidey creates protect tiles, Mags launches death ray.

When I want to move things along faster, I sub Spidey for Punisher (5/3/5).
    Same as above, add in Molotov's with cascade blacks, amplified by Patch's strike tiles. Option to nuke with red, if it makes more sense than C.Mags Red Spam. Punisher's Green isn't used unless things aren't going well with blue.

I'm planning to sub out Punisher/Spidey with Panther to see how that works. (Been hoarding ISO for a Yellow/Black character)

EDIT:

Wow, didn't see how old this thread was! Sorry for resurrecting it, I'm sure the OP has long since moved on icon_eek.gif