Update To Powers That Interact With Team-Up Tiles *Updated (5/12/17)

Comments

• GigDgee
    GigDgee Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby, As it was stated before, 4* Cyclops didn't even mention 'basic tiles' in his pre-nerf abilities. He's the only one that mattered to me affected by this awful change.

Also, the original post specifically states, "we made a change to powers that target random Basic tiles..." There's nothing random about any of Cyke's abilities. Change it back!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love the changes. Thanks!!!!
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Few things:

Why did it take 4 months to figure out what it took us about 30 seconds to realize?

It's great that terrible decisions are being revisited and reversed! This gives me hope that vaulting might be done away with again and that other terrible nerfs like XFW will be revisited. Reversal of unnecessary and egregious OML nerf?

It's going to be awesome having a fully functioning Switch back in the toolbox again!

4Clops fix incoming?

Can somebody photoshop one of those Trump caps? Make Switch Great Again.

Did Craig talk you guys into doing this and if so does that mean he has the power to browbeat you into finally giving him Dazzler?

• like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker

This is one of the best changes I have seen, Cant wait for switch to be back to her former glory

• spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    I'll like to see this extended to quicksilver and mr f
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    While Quicksilver would be nice, he's already strong without it. Mr. Fantastic is a definite no however, as he converts tiles to Protect tiles. By the same reasoning, Coulson is a no too, before anyone suggests it.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker

@Brigby, please pass on my appreciation to the Devs for their excellent work undoing the changes Scarlett Witch.  She was crippled by the changes and this fix was very much needed.  I don't play much with War Machine, despite having him champed, but I'm sure this is better for him, too, so thanks again.

Others have already mentioned, but I'll reaffirm their statements:  Please also fix 4Clops! 

Cyke's powers are all about him being a master tactician and being able to target specific marks as needed.  My recollection was the power descriptions previously didn't mention basic tiles either way, and making those now untargetable is a significant nerf in his playability.

Thanks.

• Felonius
    Brigby said:
    @Felonius

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not sure why 4-Star Cyclops wasn't addressed, however I'll inquire about that with the developers to see what their insight is.

Thank you @Brigby.  Whatever their reply, I'd love to hear their insight, even if the answer is (effectively) "no".
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    @Felonius

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not sure why 4-Star Cyclops wasn't addressed, however I'll inquire about that with the developers to see what their insight is.
    @Brigby Could you ask the devs about Quake as well ? She was not listed in the original thread and her power doesn't specify basic tile either, but yet, she is nerfed along with the others.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    If they change Quake back that would be amazing. There's no real reason for her blue to not target teamups. It doesn't generate AP, it's a tactical move to deny a color, or create a more favorable board, and without it she feels a bit handicapped. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    What if they just make Cyclops Red require 9 T/U instead of 10 for the big effect? ;)
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    What if they just make Cyclops Red require 9 T/U instead of 10 for the big effect? ;)
    You still lose the ability to target a TU tile to trigger a match or cascade under those circumstances. Sometimes that's even more important than the extra damage.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for unnerfing Switch, I used her a few times after the update but she had become pretty useless most of the time.
  • Shmoe
    Shmoe Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby  Sorry for the late post - have been away from the forum for a few days.  Please thank the developers for fixing the best support character in the game.  Jean Grey, Rhulk, Prof X, Power Fist, and more just became much more playable again now that everyone's favorite pink battery has been restored.  This is the best game-related news I have heard in a long time!  :)
  • Al_Paca
    Al_Paca Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    @Brigby can we please add Silver Surfer to this discussion?  He was slightly nerfed when he could no longer place Singularity on a Team-Up tile, and I don't see why we should have one of the worst 5* characters nerfed for any reason.
  • Felonius

Thanks for keeping us informed @Brigby.  This kind of communication is stellar!

I appreciate the Dev's willingness to look into the player's feelings that the characters were unintentionally nerfed.  Hopefully, they will see things our way.  Heh.  ;)

I have to say, that while I specifically promoted the unnerfing of SWitch and 4Clops, I hadn't played Quicksilver since the change until this last weekend, what with him being an Essential character in PvE right now... and I have to fully agree with other players that his current inability to target TU tiles is definitely an unfortunate nerf.