iOS Intercept Fix(probably)

For quite a while I was not receiving any wonderful intercepts, I read many forums, and the Devs are looking into it.  I could wait no longer and decided to trouble-shoot this problem myself.  I tried played on my Amazon Fire Tablet, finding out Amazon doesn't receive any at all. (That is posted in Frequent Questions)  I synced my FB account to my MPQ account.  I played using cellular data, as opposed to wi-fi.  I uninstalled the game and re-installed.  I updated my iOS.
And nothing, no Intercepts...then I decided to try my last but not oppositional option.  
"Buying something in the game."
        Doesn't matter if it's VIP or the 200 tokens. (I am not affiliated with any company on trying to sell you an answer!) Well, low and behold, my Intercepts are functioning, with no Ad to view and it is working just as common as it was before.  Now take into consideration that you are able to skip ads because of your dollar contribution toward the game, and you only have 30 days of it.  After the 30 days I noticed my Intercepts went away. You as the gamer must decide if spending money is worth the Intercepts, just like deciding if becoming VIP is worth it.  
        For the few of us with this technical problem, I hope you can see I was in the same boat and went on playing MPQ for at least 2 months with no intercepts.  They are very valuable in succession of your progress.  I hope they fix this soon, for us the few who suffered, for us the few who are loyal, for us the few who love this game.  Please let me know if this works for you iOS users.

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I have already mentioned in another thread that I don´t get any intercepts on iOS for months. But your fix sounds interesting, I´ll definitely try this in the near future!
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    This isn't really a fix, it's a bad workaround.  I'm tempted to do it, and I believe it will work, but I don't want to give them money just because they can't figure out a real fix.
  • WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    I don't think there is a "fix" for this, in a technical sense. It was mentioned in another thread that what's likely happening is that ads aren't being sold. We get intercepts when ads are sold, and not when they aren't. When you make a purchase, you bypass the question of whether an ad has been sold or not, and get served the reward regardless. Ever since I read this it has struck me as the most logical explanation for the behavior we're seeing.
  • 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
            Very true, not much as a fix in some views. Yet it has worked for me, as a result I would like to spread my information on it working again. The ads logic is correct, the ads are bugged out and at very rare times(before I made an in-game purchase) I would receive one intercept; then click on view ad then no ad would appear and no intercept reward would be given. 
            I spent 2 bucks(200 HC) and for that being the reason of getting my intercepts to work again(no ads), it sure is worth it in my senses. I'm a very avid player of the game.
  • usfscooter
    usfscooter Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    The latest update to R126 seems to have fixed the intercept issue for iOS.  At least for now.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal ;)
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    The various problems they have had with each update seeming to break something new doesn't exactly make me want to give them money. I'm glad you feel your two dollars was worth it to you. As for me, they're not getting a penny until things greatly improve.
  • Truffleupagus
    Truffleupagus Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    The latest update to R126 seems to have fixed the intercept issue for iOS.  At least for now.
    I also see a better-working version after upgrading.  Usually, I get one ad every 2 weeks.  Since I upgraded, I've been flooded with ads.  I forgot what it was like.

However, there are still some issues.  Sometimes the game crashes 1 second into the ad.  Sometimes the ad doesn't load at all.  These were problems that existed before all the ads went away, so I guess it's progress (?).
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    The other day I listened to the latest Puzzle Warriors podcast, and they mentioned that resetting your advertising identifier could fix it.  On iPhones go to Settings - Privacy - Advertising.

I tried it and immediately it started working normally again.  It's worth trying for sure.  I don't know if that's something you need to do on a regular basis, or if it's a one time fix.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have not been offerred intercepts for a while. After updating to R126 (after the bug), my pve grind were intercepts galore. It died down during the 4x clears of hte next sub. Will see if this was a once off when I grind again today
  • 10_EFX_01
    Glad to know that this update has (probably) fixed the issue for us iOS users. Sure it will still be trouble for us, and yes I am very happy with spending 2 dollars on the game. Satisfactory even, knowing my ISO has skyrocketed to nearly 1 mil now(was at 650,000). Hate knowing how much I missed out on when playing for 2 months with no intercepts.
    People complain about not wanting to spend money, yes I get it, don't spend til it's all good and fixed. Again, I'm an avid player, the developers are working hard, I spend 2 bucks on chips and a drink, "here you go game, two dollars, why not."
    Please don't reply with the logical, "the game is broken, me no pay money blah blah blah" enjoy the game and be glad it really ain't such a broken game. 
    If you have a solution to the fix, then by all means reply. Thanks for those of you who are replying with fixes we can do ourselves.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
     10_EFX_01 said:
    Glad to know that this update has (probably) fixed the issue for us iOS users. Sure it will still be trouble for us, and yes I am very happy with spending 2 dollars on the game. Satisfactory even, knowing my ISO has skyrocketed to nearly 1 mil now(was at 650,000). Hate knowing how much I missed out on when playing for 2 months with no intercepts.
    People complain about not wanting to spend money, yes I get it, don't spend til it's all good and fixed. Again, I'm an avid player, the developers are working hard, I spend 2 bucks on chips and a drink, "here you go game, two dollars, why not."
    Please don't reply with the logical, "the game is broken, me no pay money blah blah blah" enjoy the game and be glad it really ain't such a broken game. 
    If you have a solution to the fix, then by all means reply. Thanks for those of you who are replying with fixes we can do ourselves.

You haven't been around the forums for very long if you think that you're going to be able to get nothing but sunshiny agreement with your posts. ;)

• 10_EFX_01
    You mean any kind of social media. Oh I understand.
  • Pongie
    edited May 2017
    Pongie said:
    Have not been offerred intercepts for a while. After updating to R126 (after the bug), my pve grind were intercepts galore. It died down during the 4x clears of hte next sub. Will see if this was a once off when I grind again today
    Just an update, back to no more intercepts during my whole grind of thick as thieves and 4x clears of simulator. Will see what happens today before I try resetting the advertising identifier the day after
  • 10_EFX_01
    Yeah let us know!
  • Pongie
    Didn't reset the advertiser identifier and I got offer a bunch of intercepts today. Doesn't make any sense. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:
    Didn't reset the advertiser identifier and I got offer a bunch of intercepts today. Doesn't make any sense. 
    Probably because there's no pattern. Or the pattern is something you have no ability to interpret (like whether the ad provider service is active, something related to the specific country you live in, etc...). Just relax and let it happen :)
  • 10_EFX_01
    Ha called it!
This discussion has been closed.