STOP ENDLESS LOOPS !!!!

sutoLkcalB
sutoLkcalB Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
I just canceled a match in an event, because after several mins of watching endless loops I got deeply bored.
It was a create-gem-combos--get elementals--draw-cards--create-gem-combos--... loop. Nothing essential happened. The elements could be killed. If I would get the chance to play sometime this year.
I do not want to play chess - where you do one move and then come back after half an hour to see if your opponent is finished!
This is bad - really bad. It shows that the game designers have no sense of gaming.

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    what cards have been used to create that loop?
  • sutoLkcalB
    Want to re-create it? I will not tell you ;)

I would need to search for them - as I do not have them.
    It was the green blue PW (Kiora) with green cards to convert gems into green.
    Then a support card to create 6 elementals every time you combine 5 or more gems.
    And of course some "draw cards" cards. (I think draw 5 cards it was).
    Convert gems into green and gain 20 live or something like that was there too.
    I can not remember if there was a creature also necessary for the loop - at least there was no Baral present.

It would be easy to destroy the elementals (when I canceled there were something between 30 or 60 of them) - but the loops simply did not finish.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doesn't it itch, the tinfoil hat of yours? ;)

There are some possibilities right now to build loops, some of them are way worse than others. The info how the loop was build is essential for a discussion, for the support ticket that you should be writing, and for a possible nerf in the future.
    Is it possible that Rashmi was on the board?
  • sutoLkcalB
    I did some searching:
    The support is "Part the Waterveil".
    The mana converting cards are "Rishkar's Expertise", "Animist's Awakening" and similar cards (I think Nissa's Pilgrimage was there).
    The life gainer is "Nissa's Renewal"
    The cards drawing card is "Nissa's Revelation"
    I can not remember what creature cards there were - but I can not remember if Rashmi was there too.
  • Copioso
    Copioso Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    This sounds a lot like my kiora deck, except I don't have nissa's renewal.
    As annoying as it probably is to play against, it's actually pretty effective (and fun to use).
    For anyone that might be interested, here's the list:

startled awake
    elvish visionary

prism array
    part the waterveil
    fertile thicket

rishkar's expertise
    natural connection
    attune with aether
    nissa's revelation
    animist's awakening