Maybe don't match mythic decks against those w/o?

stikxs
stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
It's a bit of a kick in the pants when you have to play PW 10 levels over you with more hp/mana generation/abilites, and then they start throwing mythics and masterpieces at you when all you have is maybe 2 or 3 rares. It seems to have started since my first color hit silver mastery. 2 have now and I'm facing these decks way stronger than mine 2 out of 3 times just about. My win % has gone down the drain, not sure if I can even win 4 TG matches anymore. If mastery is used for matching, it shouldn't; it isn't even a reflection of anything other than game count. If this is an attempt to push players into purchasing, its a **** one that will just drive them away.

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, your problem is : since the update you're competing against competitive decks, entered in an event to win, not against random decks anymore. Winning in TG for example is more difficult in every tier now than winning in qb.

Matchmaking based on card reality sounds difficult since you just could enter without any rares and change deck deck later.

But you you surely should not compete against highly optimized decks in silver! A new matchmaking system should be considered, in that I totally agree
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    The idea for events is to do the objectives and still win, while I've seen more than a few posts (and first hand experience) about people with decks designed to ignore objectives. I wonder how it would go if the opponent is chosen after we lock in a deck and can't change. No more issue of people changing after entering, and they could better pick a match that isn't a landslide I think.

Also, I'm only silver in 2 colors and still get horrible matchups in the others. My library only has 1 mythic, I guess they think I use that green card in every PW deck. I don't think I've ever had a game with it where it even won the match for me.
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Hmm, I actually like to see my opponent and have a last chance to edit my deck a bit accordingly.

It's a guessing game, but I would miss to have that opportunity.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    .. I use that option in 9/10 cases to add something hexproof against ob nix. Sometimes to add authority otc against Lili 2