How is everyone making 30k+ ISO a day?

Shuino
Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
While cruising through the forums here I've come across multiple posts with players averaging around 30k+ ISO a day playing. While I'm relativity new (Day 31) I'm drastically starving for ISO. I'm at the point where I'm not able to open any type of Tokens due to not wanting to waste covers.

I'm not even coming close to 30k+ ISO a day even when finishing top5 in PvP and PvE events in Rank 5. I have all but three 2*s fully covered. But I can't seem to get enough ISO recently to champ my renaming 2*s and start my 3*s.

So here I am with about 70+ various Tokens and 30 unusable 2* covers. The reason because I don't have the means to make the ISO to champ them. So here I am sitting with an extra ten Ares red covers while he is at 3/5/3 and a various mix of covers for my five remaining unchamped 2*s all because I can't make the ISO no matter how much I play.

At this point I'm really not sure what to do for ISO. I'm already 5 clearing the PvE event, usually finish 5 nodes in Deadpool's Daily, Get to 250 points in the Lightning Rounds, and finish top 5 in PvP events. Even doing all of that with intercepts I'm struggling to get 15k ISO most days. I am also about 1500 into Shield SIM but I'm no longer able to beat teams that appear but the 70 ISO a fight really isn't getting me anywhere.

Any chance I'm missing something or is this just how the game goes now? I played at launch for about 250 days but quit after the huge nerf to Rags and GSBW but I never remember being this starved for ISO playing back then.

Comments

• MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

At a glance you're doing things the right way...

You're likely missing out on:

- Champion rewards - this is pretty big

- Higher SCL rewards in events - I think this is so-so

- Required nodes - not only rewards but also completion experience

- DDQ nodes - TBE, burrito and crash

- Level up ISO from SCL - exp increases for each level, but the iso reward increases too...  this might be a wash

- Got FB friends? - minimal, but I've heard stories of it being impactful

- are you getting intercepts - a single intercept can be 2k ISO and you get several a day...

You just don't become fully efficient after a month of play, you're not doing anything wrong, you just need to build up your MPQ infrastructure.

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    With high-level champ rewards, plus a PvE and PvP event ending yesterday, I think I made over 50k ISO.  I can usually average 40k or so a day.  At the beginning of the season, when you can climb in Shield Sim or on days with LRs, you can easily go over 50k.  When you throw in the occasional farmed 2* or Shield rank increase, it bumps up the average even more.

I took my 5Thanos from 255 to 450 in about 8 days.  Yeah, I sold 2 2*s and gained a Shield rank, but that's way over 60k a day for those 8 days.
  • Shuino
    edited May 2017

- Level up ISO from SCL - exp increases for each level, but the iso reward increases too...  this might be a wash

- are you getting intercepts - a single intercept can be 2k ISO and you get several a day...

You just don't become fully efficient after a month of play, you're not doing anything wrong, you just need to build up your MPQ infrastructure.

Yeah that is what I was afraid of. Just sucks not being able to build some ISO freely when you have everything cleared. Glad I'm not missing anything but I sure feel above the curve at day 31 with a Champed 3* Strange and a fully covered IM40 already. I need dat ISO8!
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    There are 2k from daily supply (Assume you are in full alliance). PvE sub alliance rewards for another 2k-ish. Difference in SCL can probably account for 3-4k total. Some iso comes in term of tokens, which you've made the right choice to not open them (hence why having everyone rostered and champed can benefit you in a long run.)
  • MissChinch
    Shuino said:

Yeah that is what I was afraid of. Just sucks not being able to build some ISO freely when you have everything cleared. Glad I'm not missing anything but I sure feel above the curve at day 31 with a Champed 3* Strange and a fully covered IM40 already. I need dat ISO8!

Yeah your curve is going to be disgusting (in a good way) with a champ 3* strange for pve and champ im40 for pve within the first month...  just give it time, but honestly what youre doing now is probably far more rewarding than what you'll be doing in 7-8 months so appreciate it ;)

and iso flows like water compared to when you first started playing (which, full disclosure, sounds like it predates when I started playing)

• Shuino
    aa25 said:
    There are 2k from daily supply (Assume you are in full alliance). PvE sub alliance rewards for another 2k-ish. Difference in SCL can probably account for 3-4k total. Some iso comes in term of tokens, which you've made the right choice to not open them (hence why having everyone rostered and champed can benefit you in a long run.)

Yeah I'm working on champing my last few 2*s but the ISO is just trickling in now. It was much nicer when I had 200K ISO and nothing to champ T_T 
  • MissChinch
    im40 for pvp* but whatever same idea...
  • Shuino

Yeah your curve is going to be disgusting (in a good way) with a champ 3* strange for pve and champ im40 for pve within the first month...  just give it time, but honestly what youre doing now is probably far more rewarding than what you'll be doing in 7-8 months so appreciate it 

and iso flows like water compared to when you first started playing (which, full disclosure, sounds like it predates when I started playing)

Yeah I can't complain that much with my luck after getting Strange and IM40 covered so fast and getting a 5* Hawkeye Blue with a Bonus Blue. He wrecked my scaling some early on but I'm glad I kept him. Now I just need that luck when I finally need to waste all my hoarded CP and LT. (Months from now probably T_T haha)
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lower your ISO expectations and you'll be happy.  Really.  You're doing everything right as far as I can tell, but your roster and rank aren't high enough for 30K ISO a day.  There's lots of little ways to get resources, which add up quick.  You'll get there, just be patient. 
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    I think most everything has been covered above except Lightning Rounds. If you're there when it opens and just play the seed teams, it's 2000iso per round give or take. So depending on how many you can play a day, you can get 5K-20K or more iso a day. LRs run every week Tues. mid day to Thurs. mid day. So they are running now. This doesn't take an advanced roster to do.

• Shuino
    I think most everything has been covered above except Lightning Rounds. If you're there when it opens and just play the seed teams, it's 2000iso per round give or take. So depending on how many you can play a day, you can get 5K-20K or more iso a day. LRs run every week Tues. mid day to Thurs. mid day. So they are running now. This doesn't take an advanced roster to do.

I usually end up running them to about 250 points. I get spanked so hard in the last 20 minutes I don't think i'd be able to place anywhere decent haha
  • MissChinch
    Shuino said:

I usually end up running them to about 250 points. I get spanked so hard in the last 20 minutes I don't think i'd be able to place anywhere decent haha

250 is the sweet spot (in my opinion)in terms of effort:reward ratio.

I'd strongly consider favorite-ing thanos and get him championed with 5 black, hes another completely overpowered tool early on...  With him you only have to down one opponent then he triggers a passive area attack that hits for 4k+ I think at 170ish

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    How much iso do you need to champ another 2 star? Do you have any maxed 2 stars to sell? What kind of tokens are waiting? Do you have enough HP to buy more roster slots?
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    The point of Lightning rounds isn't placement. It's starting right at the beginning, getting through 8-9 seed teams quickly, and get out.

Afterward, you'll be pummled, but nobody takes the ISO away from you. I honestly don't understand those who shoot for placement in the LR's, it seems like a lot of work for 2 Heroics at top-25, and you will never get there with a 2* roster anyway.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Yeah I average 30k+ Iso a day.  You figure roughly 700 ISO per full clear node in PVE (some are more, some are less) and that's about 6300 ISO, I probably average around 10k just from intercepts, usually 2250 ISO from sub rewards and 1750 from alliance sub rewards, 2k from resupply and about 5k from DPD so even without factoring LR's and PVP (hard to figure out what I average a day from those) that's pretty close to 30k. I probably play somewhere around 2 - 3 hours a day so I'm not sure how that compares to an average player but it's very possible.  The best thing to do is focus on getting roster spots for everybody you can and champ most of your 2* as soon as possible just so you don't waste all those covers (starting a 2* farm was the best thing I've ever done). You're well on your way though.
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Intercepts are a big thing, and net me upward of 15k or more on a good day. Also, getting the 2* farm championed and producing ISO for all those covers helps a ton.

It's a snowball, but if you're considering a monetary investment in the game VIP is the best deal for your money, period, and lets you go through intercepts instantly.

--Khanwulf
  • MissChinch
    Khanwulf said:
    Intercepts are a big thing, and net me upward of 15k or more on a good day. Also, getting the 2* farm championed and producing ISO for all those covers helps a ton.

It's a snowball, but if you're considering a monetary investment in the game VIP is the best deal for your money, period, and lets you go through intercepts instantly.

--Khanwulf

I believe any support (read the cheaper HC option) will auto-complete intercepts for a time... you don't get health pack refresh or extra daily rewards, but something to consider...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I probably get around 40,000+ ISO per day. My strategies:

* Do at least four clears of PVE
    * Do DDQ
    * All 2*s championed, All 3*s championed except some brand new ones
    * Re-champion 2*s and 3*s
    * All 4*s championed, except some of the more recent ones
    * Shield Intercepts -- This is key (sorry, Steam users)
    * SCL 8 for progression rewards
    * Surprisingly, I *don't* do LRs... That would probably give me even more ISO, but I just don't have the time.. I'd rather get the PVE and PVP progression rewards. I would only do LRs if I was waiting for something and had already done everything else. With a full time job and family, I need to draw the line somewhere, lol.

Also sometimes I get bonus chunks of ISO from going up a SR or else selling a max-championed 2*. Of course I need to repay the 2* ISO, but that only takes a few days, so it's no big deal. And I can wait and sell some 2* expiring covers if necessary.
  • Storm of fire
    Storm of fire Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    When I had the beginnings of a 3 star roster about 14 months ago I was getting maybe 10k a day, and six months ago with all my 3s champed I was making 20-25k a day. Currently in the beginnings of having champed 4s, I'm getting between 25 and 35k per day. You'll get there eventually.

SHIELD clearance levels definitely do contribute to the amount of ISO gained, as does the current PvE format. Having a broad enough roster to do required nodes in DDQ and PvE also definitely helps, as do champion rewards and selling excess token pulls. SHIELD ranks and intercepts are a nice injection of ISO but not consistent. (Some days it's nothing but ISO in intercepts, others are filled with other goodies but leave me with like 5k in ISO.)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Get used to that feeling, the problem will only increase as your roster advances.