Answers To The 8 Questions About Vaulting (5/2/17)

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    New McG said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    New McG said:
    Quebbster said:
    Can anyone point me to the thread about when characters rotate out of the latest? hoping spiderwoman and luke don't rotate out at the same time.
    Unfortunately they should, if Gamora is released next week she will just make the cutoff to be included in the token pool next season. I fully expect all Three new Guardians to be added to the token pool at the same time.
    Three?
    5*SL, 4* R&G, 4* Gamora
    I think the 5s don't wait until end of season. They hit 2 weeks after their release event.
    Not sure then..... 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Three-star Star-Lord, fourstar Grocket and fourstar Gamora makes Three. The five-star Star-Lord should enter Latest Legends on Monday.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:
    Three-star Star-Lord, fourstar Grocket and fourstar Gamora makes Three. The five-star Star-Lord should enter Latest Legends on Monday.
    Ah, I didn't factor in the 3/5* to the number, as they're kind of afterthoughts, even with the vaulting. I assumed it was just in reference to the argument-spawning firestorm that is the 4* pool. (And I've seen someone refer to the "new Drax" recently after the revamp. Lost me.)
  • Quebbster
    New McG said:
    Quebbster said:
    Ah, I didn't factor in the 3/5* to the number, as they're kind of afterthoughts, even with the vaulting. I assumed it was just in reference to the argument-spawning firestorm that is the 4* pool. (And I've seen someone refer to the "new Drax" recently after the revamp. Lost me.)

I am not aware of any new version of Drax... but after Grocket and Gamora it is time for Another fivestar release, so it's not impossible to get a fivestar Drax then. We'll see.
  • NewMcG
    edited May 2017
    Quebbster said:
    New McG said:
    Quebbster said:

I am not aware of any new version of Drax... but after Grocket and Gamora it is time for Another fivestar release, so it's not impossible to get a fivestar Drax then. We'll see.
    I think that person was referring to a "new Drax", and not realizing he was just finally getting the monthly rework.
  • Quebbster
    New McG said:
    Quebbster said:
    New McG said:
    Quebbster said:

I think that person was referring to a "new Drax", and not realizing he was just finally getting the monthly rework.

Ah, could be.
  • Milk Jugz
    Quebbster said:
    Haha, totally forgot about 3*SL......
  • Milk Jugz
    New McG said:
    Quebbster said:
    New McG said:
    Quebbster said:

I'm excited about his rework, gonna be trying him out this upcoming week with Wasp and Chulk. That passive damage deal when friendly CDs expire should be fun with those two!!!
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

OK, while these marathon threads complaining about vaulting are entertaining, I'm most interested in when we're going to find out what things are currently being planned to tweak the system? 

I'm not even gonna ask what the proposed changes are that are being investigated, I'm just curious when we'll find out whats being discussed...

In the mean time we can continue going over the same ground, but any ideas when we'll hear anymore news @Brigby ?

• MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    @MissChinch

The next course of action is for me to identify and compile the key-point concerns remaining with vaulting, and then relay that to the developers in a detailed report. There are a lot of good analysis in this thread, so I will be sure to include quotes from players as well. 

There is of course a lot of cross-conversation going on in this thread, something that can be difficult at times to moderate in a thread that grows so rapidly as this one, so it might take me some time to isolate pertinent information.

Once I pass along this report to the developers, and hear back from them, I will be sure to update the community with any information I can communicate.

Thanks, I've mentioned it before but I don't envy you your position...  I can't think of a single topic that has ever been universally agreed upon in internet forums...

Any chance you post a public copy of your analysis of our concerns? just curious to see what you come up with out of all this...

• Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    @MissChinch

The next course of action is for me to identify and compile the key-point concerns remaining with vaulting, and then relay that to the developers in a detailed report. There are a lot of good analysis in this thread, so I will be sure to include quotes from players as well. 

There is of course a lot of cross-conversation going on in this thread, something that can be difficult at times to moderate in a thread that grows so rapidly as this one, so it might take me some time to isolate pertinent information.

Once I pass along this report to the developers, and hear back from them, I will be sure to update the community with any information I can communicate.
    @Brigby Please don't forget about the Suggestions and Feedback forum when you compile our feedback.  Several threads with ideas about what we'd like as vaulting fixes have been moved over there, where they don't get as much traffic as the big announcement threads like this one.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    So Spider Woman is next? Hmm, I'm starting to get this very frightening feeling that unless I start pulling tokens at higher rates, I will just end in a hopeless cycle, when I either hoard or forever get stuck at collecting 9-11 covers before that character gets vaulted. It happened with Peggy (but she didn't get much time), happened with Wasp, and my Jessica currently sits on 8 (soon 9), so unless I get lucky with pulls she gets wasted as well.

Is that working as intended?

I'm worried that my 4* transition went from slow but happening to completely RNG based.

Pulling more tokens would help, but I would need to play more, which technically would be possible, if that was a different game. I still can do jack about transfering my acc from Steam to mobile, so that limits my playtime.

It seems that vaulting drastically changed the way the game is played and it was done without any hesitation, planning or testing.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Alsmir said:
    So Spider Woman is next? Hmm, I'm starting to get this very frightening feeling that unless I start pulling tokens at higher rates, I will just end in a hopeless cycle, when I either hoard or forever get stuck at collecting 9-11 covers before that character gets vaulted. It happened with Peggy (but she didn't get much time), happened with Wasp, and my Jessica currently sits on 8 (soon 9), so unless I get lucky with pulls she gets wasted as well.

Is that working as intended?

I'm worried that my 4* transition went from slow but happening to completely RNG based.

Pulling more tokens would help, but I would need to play more, which technically would be possible, if that was a different game. I still can do jack about transfering my acc from Steam to mobile, so that limits my playtime.

It seems that vaulting drastically changed the way the game is played and it was done without any hesitation, planning or testing.
    Nothing will be working as intended until vaulting has been active for 36 weeks and all 12 of the original newest 12 have rotated out.  You will find that there is PLENTY of time to champ the newest 4s during the 12 week time that they are in there. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    I feel your pain Alsmir. My SW hs pretty much been max covered since the start of vaulting was at 9 when it started I think. Then went on a long dry streak of not pulling her so champed better characters like Wasp and peggy that only ended in the mid 270 before leaving the pool. 

Meanwhile finished off Medusa and carol, but started pulling spiderwoman again. I've probably sold off at least fifteen covers of hers and have four dying in the vine right now. But what's the point of champing her cause soon as I do, I'll stop pulling her. She will be stuck at 270 something and it will be another up hill battle of too many covers with either gwenpool or blade and not.enough iso/time.

Never thought actually have these newer characters covered.would be just as infuriating as not being able to quickly cover them in the old system.
  • NewMcG
    smkspy said:
    Never thought actually have these newer characters covered.would be just as infuriating as not being able to quickly cover them in the old system.
    Except in the new system, you have characters who can, at any time, be useful once you have the iso. (And the extra covers at least do something in terms of adding to the iso trickle.) In the old system you have characters that are basically of no use for tragically long periods of time until you lucked into their covers out of a giant pool of possible draws, regardless of your iso flow.
  • smkspy
    edited May 2017
    New McG said:
    smkspy said:
    Except in the new system, you have characters who can, at any time, be useful once you have the iso. (And the extra covers at least do something in terms of adding to the iso trickle.) In the old system you have characters that are basically of no use for tragically long periods of time until you lucked into their covers out of a giant pool of possible draws, regardless of your iso flow.

Absolutely, but we also have a system now that can thrust a player into mmr that they aren't at level ready to play yet. Essentially, making the twelve a mini 5 star tier for those players. It's a fast burn system versus a slow burn system.

it has its positives and negatives, but I, in my own game, have come to embrace the positives, but would still like to see them improve on the negatives.
  • NewMcG
    smkspy said:
    New McG said:
    smkspy said:

Absolutely, but we also have a system now that can thrust a player into mmr that they aren't at level ready to play yet. Essentially, making the twelve a mini 5 star tier for those players. It's a fast burn system versus a slow burn system.

it has its positives and negatives, but I, in my own game, have come to embrace the positives, but would still like to see them improve on the negatives.
    But what you're saying is "having a bunch of useless characters I can't possibly level" is the same as "having a bunch of useful characters I can't afford to level".

One way or another, people can venture into 4* land. Now, they get a focused pool to do so. Under the old system, it would be realistically years before you could build a nice, even roster of 4*s to avoid the "mini-5* tier" you claim is a problem. Well, if a newer player can get the likes of Carol, Coulson, Medusa, and a few of the other top notch newer characters finished, they've got a viable base to play within most 4* events. If we took this current 4* roster to the game as it was a year ago, there would be no end to the complaints of "great, I just pulled my 15th Eddie Brock yellow cover from a Legendary, yet Carol has 5 covers and may as well not be on my roster. This stinks. Nice system, D3. Keep pumping those characters out."
  • smkspy
    New McG said:
    smkspy said:
    New McG said:
    smkspy said:

But what you're saying is "having a bunch of useless characters I can't possibly level" is the same as "having a bunch of useful characters I can't afford to level".

One way or another, people can venture into 4* land. Now, they get a focused pool to do so. Under the old system, it would be realistically years before you could build a nice, even roster of 4*s to avoid the "mini-5* tier" you claim is a problem. Well, if a newer player can get the likes of Carol, Coulson, Medusa, and a few of the other top notch newer characters finished, they've got a viable base to play within most 4* events. If we took this current 4* roster to the game as it was a year ago, there would be no end to the complaints of "great, I just pulled my 15th Eddie Brock yellow cover from a Legendary, yet Carol has 5 covers and may as well not be on my roster. This stinks. Nice system, D3. Keep pumping those characters out."

I'm saying for me personally, in my situation as someone that already had a bunch of champed 4s pre vaulting, yeah having so many more characters needing champing on top of what I already had can  be just as frustrating. I went from having an average of 6 characters needing constant champing to 12 characters. 

Vaulting massively jumped my progression, and was a big benefit to me. But again, I'm that is my situation and my situation alone, and I was okay with the slow burn of developing 4 stars in the old system.

Having my number if champable 4s double is a frustration more than anything, so infuriating might be poor word choice.

Still, for a newer player, yeah, they can get a small 4 star roster going much quicker, but fact remains, like champing 5 stars, it'll pretty much force them into exclusively using those characters if they champ them before they've build up a diverse roster that the previous as whole promoted. 

Again, good and bad.