Marvel Insider Promotion (5/3/17)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
Hi Everyone - 

In the spirit of everything Guardians of the Galaxy this week, we have teamed up with Marvel for a couple of special promotions that we would like to share.

https://marvel.com/insider

This includes - 
  • All new players (I know sorry) receive 20,000 Insider points when they download Marvel Puzzle Quest between April 25 and May 31.
  • All players (yayyy!) receive 10,000 Insider Points when they compete in the Hooked on a Feeling Versus Tournament this weekend and finish the event with 300+ in-game points.
  • Use your Marvel Insider Points (125,000 points) to redeem (1) Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) Comic Cover in the game.  
These offers are for a limited time and are sponsored by Marvel Insider.  Please note the timeline on when rewards will be provided and if there are any issues with redemption, please reach out to Marvel Support at [email protected] or find out more about Marvel Insider HERE in their FAQ.

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Use your Marvel Insider Points (125,000 points) to redeem (1) Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) Comic Cover in the game. 

Ahh I wish it were for the new 4* Rocket & Groot instead of the common 3*. 125K Insider points is alot for this.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    So how do I get the other 115k points to get the 3* R&G cover? 
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sell your kidney. 
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    If you have Contest of Champions.. they have good rewards and points available today. 100000 points from doing tasks in game, 20k for downloading the app.
    Idk why they have much better rewards as well for a better price.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still no word on when this scheme will exist for anyone outside of the US?

Well honestly, since Marvel removed the digital backup of their comics, I'd have fewer opportunities to gain points anyway...
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler

Well honestly, since Marvel removed the digital backup of their comics, I'd have fewer opportunities to gain points anyway...
    Cuz America First! America First!
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for the possibility of the cover via the Insider but im out side the US. Perhaps a note on there somewhere to tell the rest of the world that before they follow the link as advertised........
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker

If you mean the code for the digital copy on the backs of books, Marvel brought that back starting this week.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I'm hoping that "Most Wanted" is a typo.  125,000 points looks to be a lot of points from what I can see looking at the insider rewards and a 3 star cover is not something that anyone is going to be excited about except the newest of players.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    If you have Contest of Champions.. they have good rewards and points available today. 100000 points from doing tasks in game, 20k for downloading the app.
    Idk why they have much better rewards as well for a better price.
    Yes, unfortunately Contest of Champions makes MPQ's offer look pitiful, for the same 125k points you can get

1x 3-Star Nebula
    10x Crystal Shard Crystal 
    2x Full Energy Refill 
    2x Champion Boost 
    5x Level 3 Health Potion 
    10,000x Gold 

And they have a lot more activities to earn points. I'm very disappointed with this.

• Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    3* was a faux pax.  You know some people will think it's the new 4* and waste a ton of Insider points and be upset.

They should make the 50K ISO reward obtainable more than once.  THAT was a good reward.
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler

You can still sign up outside of America, I was able to as a Canadian. I registered with my email and it worked fine. Give it a try. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017

If you mean the code for the digital copy on the backs of books, Marvel brought that back starting this week.

Wait, they did?
    Well....can they make it so the issues I *don't* have now work, please!?

You can still sign up outside of America, I was able to as a Canadian. I registered with my email and it worked fine. Give it a try. 

Nah, still inelligable in the UK.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for excluding the rest of the world and alienating a huge portion of your player base.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Marvel website is so bad. It constantly fails to load, the Marvel Insider doesn't reward points half the time, and cancelling a Marvel Unlimited subscription has yet to work without me being charged extra month and requiring emailing in to support. I don't know how such a big company can be so inept in their online systems.
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 84 Match Maker
    as someone who signed up last month to try it out, this reward is super over priced. I will be spending my rewards in Contest of Champions as it has more value
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    When are these going to be awarded?
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Dragon_Nexus said:
    Wait, they did?
    Well....can they make it so the issues I *don't* have now work, please!?

If you're referring to the issues you missed out on for the period that they took away the codes, supposedly they'll give away codes if you email them and ask personally.  I don't know who specifically, but there's a story about it on bleedingcool.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    When are these going to be awarded?
    I believe Marvel Insider has the date for May 19 but hopefully sooner.