**** Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) ****

Comments

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Carol, Blade and Wasp are a lethal team that can be a bit slow with the wrong board but can pretty much be a checkmate with a board that has a lot of red on it and two quick blue matches to get Wasp going. They're a lot of fun on wave nodes where you can easily have 10K worth of strike tiles out by the last wave. Be careful that you're not going against a Loki or Moonstone, though!
  • UnsmashableTim
    UnsmashableTim Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Is there anything she can't do? When you team her with starlord, it's a joke. I placed 3* fist with them and it feels like cheating lol
  • MonoElm
    MonoElm Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Maybe I missed it, but had nobody thought about Carol, Star Lord and Coulson? I'm playing with a Champed Carol and Star Lord and a level 70 Coulson and I'm wrecking everybody and everything. Covers the full rainbow and with the boosted Carol I'm quickly getting strike tiles that add 10k damage. 
  • UnsmashableTim
    UnsmashableTim Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Only bad part about that combo is how long the match would take with all the animations lol
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    MonoElm said:
    Maybe I missed it, but had nobody thought about Carol, Star Lord and Coulson? I'm playing with a Champed Carol and Star Lord and a level 70 Coulson and I'm wrecking everybody and everything. Covers the full rainbow and with the boosted Carol I'm quickly getting strike tiles that add 10k damage. 
    I use that team in the Big Enchilada everyday.  Works great, and even better once Coulson is champed.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carol
    Starlord
    3* Hawkguy

its perfect for goons. Better than 5* Hawk and Coulson because if you match goon tiles, No Good News goes off which adds purple for Starlord to take out troubling tiles and blue for Hawk. Get 12 blue with a Starlord yellow tile on the field and you can shoot 4 arrows and you only need 3 yellow for Carols Executive Decision. Use it on Hawks 4th arrow (the one that makes strike tiles). 

The match will be over in two turns. 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    if you have a low covered essential, who do you team carol with? 
    I'm thinking loki, daken, starlord, wasp... 
    anyone else interesting? 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Green doesn't steal ap at all. It does one of two things:

(1) if teams have different strongest colors, then green generates X ap in carol's team's strongest color.  These ap are generated from the ether, like rulk purple or im40 yellow.

(2) if team have the samd strongest color, then green generates X ap AND deals aoe damage.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, she's a bit silly with Daredevil too, it would seem. Once Billy Club is out, spend 5 Yellow to stun for 2 turns and strengthen 3 tiles? Yes, please.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah. I was using them too. 

DD
    Wasp
    Carol

Do you realize exactly how hard it can be to make matches vs this team? Can't match red or it's an Ambush. Can't match Wasp's tile or it's a Wasp Sting. Gotta find out what your strongest color is or else you'll feed my strongest color and potentially take some AOE damage. I run DD at 4/4/5 if the opponent has a bunch of A/S/S tile potential so I can use DDs purple better. 
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    I have to say I am really loving her! She is a beast in the right team! 
    However... Her right eye bugs me a little bit...

https://imgur.com/Vyziwvl

Sorry for the link, I just can't get the pic to show

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just champed her in the Sinister Six event, and get to play with her boosted in DPvMPQ.

Good gracious, she's a monster. Get black out, and it's virtually game over with the fortification on the CD tile. Bring any other special generator or CD generator and things go nuts, fast. No wonder everybody runs her in PVP these days. If only my Coulson were farther along...
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Just champed her in the Sinister Six event, and get to play with her boosted in DPvMPQ.

Good gracious, she's a monster. Get black out, and it's virtually game over with the fortification on the CD tile. Bring any other special generator or CD generator and things go nuts, fast. No wonder everybody runs her in PVP these days. If only my Coulson were farther along...

I'm in the exact same situation as you, and I totally agree :) She is in the boosted list for next week, so let the good times roll
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    I've been using Carol, Medusa, and Cho to great effect, actually.  Both Medusa and Cho create CD tiles, and Carol can just use her Yellow on Cho's "See the math of it" tile to create a bunch of green, do some damage, and buff any attack or strike tiles that are out.

But I also love Carol, Starlord, and Coulson.  All three champed, all three are murder machines together ;).
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Carol, Coulson, and Hawkguy is a great team too. Theres a LOT of overlap on colors, but rarely will it actually matter.

Carols strikes and fortifying, plus Hawkguys strikes and CD tiles, plus Coulson's barrage of CD tiles and ap generation make for a really vicious team.
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    So up till recently I've been so firmly convinced I was still in the 3* to 4* transition that I apparently completely overlooked the fact that.. well, I have as many as eight 4* champions now...

Needless to say (given that I'm posting about this here) that one of them is Carol. Thing is I really haven't given much thought on what my ideal 4* team would be and I was wondering, given what I have to work with, what would probably work best.
    The Champions I have are Carol, Cho, Fury, 4hor, X-Force Wolverine, Captain Falcon, Hulkbuster, and Starlord.
    Mostly I've been using Cho and Starlord with Carol but I was wondering if there are better combinations.
  • Elric_VIII
    Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    She's good with Hulkbuster. I currently have HB at a higher champ level, so her passive generates red AP for me. It's pretty brutal. I haven't gotten a chance to try her with Starlord since I just jumped on the Medusa train, but he's always been a solid character for me otherwise.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Carol pairs really well with Starlord. Pair them with somebody who has cheap powers to throw down specials and you win. It could even be a 3* like Fist, Hawkguy, Blade, or (believe it or not) beast or psylocke; the goal is to get some cheap tiles out, and let Starlord throw down countdowns. Of course, there are better options in 4* land, but you don't have them champed yet.

Carol+countdowns = win in PVE land.

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Antman yellow with boosted Carol is insane. By the end of his ants, I ended up with strikes of 5200, 4200, 3200, 2200, and one at base 92. Almost 15,000 damage for 7 ap and 3 turns.
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Of course, there are better options in 4* land, but you don't have them champed yet.

I'm getting there though, just this morning I pulled my 12th Blade cover and I have Peggy at 12 covers as well (for what that's worth in relation to Carol). Not particularly well covered on Medusa or Colson though.