Where Are The Older Story Modes?

System
System Posts: 1,024 Chairperson of the Boards
This discussion was created from comments split from: Devs, please explain rotating card blocks and planeswalkers.

Comments

• xeradyne
    xeradyne Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    So, where are the older story modes?  All I can access is Origins and Battle for Zendikar.  Or were there no story modes that correspond to the other sets?
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    xeradyne said:
    So, where are the older story modes?  All I can access is Origins and Battle for Zendikar.  Or were there no story modes that correspond to the other sets?
    The dev team have announced that they will not be making story modes for new sets for the forseeable future.

I can't find a link to such a statement in the forum at the moment but they've definitely said so.
  • Dsagent
    Dsagent Posts: 73 Match Maker
    It sucks when you want a planeswalker and have to wait 2 months for it.
    I am not sure why they keep rotating in and out? 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    @Dsagent
    They actually explained it in this year - old thread
    @xeradyne
    There is no more story mode, only the heroic encounters

//Added Link To Referenced Thread -Brigby

• ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    shteev wrote:
    Will BFZ story mode be rotating out with the set? Will it be unavailable to play when the set is unavailable to buy?

No, the story modes won't be rotated out. There'd be no point in doing that.
    Ironically, there was no point in rotating planeswalkers and sets either. From any players' perspective, rotating them in and out is a bad thing for the player. This move was the start of the double speak. "We're doing it to help new players...blah blah blah." Look where we've ended up. Makes me wonder where we'll be in the next 9 months. Maybe in the same boat as ATPQ.