Iso for gold

IseeRed
IseeRed Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
I don't know if this has been asked but how about letting us spend iso for gold?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ISO is more valuable than HP. It may not feel that way while you are still buying roster slots, but once you have most characters rostered HP is plentiful. You'll always need more ISO to level your characters though, if not now then when you get more covers for them. I just spent 3,6 million ISO after I opened my Latest Legends hoard, and I still have characters in need of more ISO.
  • IseeRed
    I have over 1.2 mil iso and 4 slots I need to buy. What's the best way getting gold other than buying?
  • Quebbster
    IseeRed said:
    I have over 1.2 mil iso and 4 slots I need to buy. What's the best way getting gold other than buying?
    Two-star
     farming, each turnover nets you 375 HP. Considering how many two-star covers we get, profits add up.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    IseeRed said:
    I was going to ask for more details/context (you have a million ISO but you seem fine with tossing it?), but that's getting far off-topic.

The "best way" to get more HP depends on how you play. I play every day as a free player.

The most reliable way to get HP without spending money is to join PVE events and play them thoroughly enough to get progression rewards. It's not a great amount of HP for the time investment, but at least it's not up to chance.

As far as chance goes, I clear DDQ every day and hope for HP with my taco tokens. Saving up several weeks' (or even months') worth of tacos is recommended, since cashing in a large amount all at once increases the chances of getting a good prize.

If I don't have the time to grind a PVE event, I'll join it during its final hour and hope I get dropped into a newly-formed group so that I have a better chance of getting top-50/top-20/etc. I also do this with PVP events because I don't enjoy PVP.

Over the long term, I probably get just as much HP from daily Resupply as from any one of those other methods. I don't know how much you can get from SHIELD Intercepts because I play through Steam.

I also need 4 slots in a hurry, but I'm probably just going to have to settle for selling my Juggernaut again, keeping the most important newcomer, and losing out on the other 3.

As far as adding an exchange for ISO/HP, I would be fine with that existing, but the exchange rates would probably be really unforgiving in both directions.
  • IseeRed
    That's a good point although some 2 stars are worth keeping
  • IseeRed
    Yeah I wonder what hp would cost with iso if they ever did that
  • Quebbster
    IseeRed said:
    When one of my two-stars hits level 144, I save their covers until I have enough to get the replacement to level 94 or one of the covers is about to expire. Only then do I sell the level 144 copy, so I always (well, almost) have a copy of each two-star character on my roster for the DDQ and essential nodes.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    IseeRed said:
    When one of my two-stars hits level 144, I save their covers until I have enough to get the replacement to level 94 or one of the covers is about to expire. Only then do I sell the level 144 copy, so I always (well, almost) have a copy of each two-star character on my roster for the DDQ and essential nodes.
    Well, i build two same 2*s, max them out, then champ one. After maxing the first one, i sell him and start building new one and i am not promoting th first one before the second one gets fully covered.
    You would be surprised how much RNG can be annoying (once i had 0/0/5 Hawkeye and even had to sold some purple covers cuz i was not able to promote him in 2 weeks :D )
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    veny said:
    Quebbster said:
    IseeRed said:
    Well, i build two same 2*s, max them out, then champ one. After maxing the first one, i sell him and start building new one and i am not promoting th first one before the second one gets fully covered.
    You would be surprised how much RNG can be annoying (once i had 0/0/5 Hawkeye and even had to sold some purple covers cuz i was not able to promote him in 2 weeks :D )
    That works if you have a lot of ISO. I wouldn't encourage any newer player to waste it though. Once you start championing your 3*, the rewards from the 2* will be less useful than the ISO you can get from selling the covers.
  • Quebbster
    veny said:
    Quebbster said:
    IseeRed said:
    That works if you have a lot of ISO. I wouldn't encourage any newer player to waste it though. Once you start championing your 3*, the rewards from the 2* will be less useful than the ISO you can get from selling the covers.

No. Compared to just Selling the covers, you lose around 5000 ISO, and in return you get

250 HP

5 CP

5 Heroic tokens

3 specific threestar covers

The tokens either give two-star covers that keep the farm running, or Three- or fourstar covers you can use as champion levels for your Three- and fourstars. You also get a few XP for each two-star champion level, so that diminishes the ISO loss even further.

Two-star farming is definitely NOT a waste of ISO. You get a lot of Resources and don't really lose out on any amount of ISO of consequence.