Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (5/2/17)

1235»

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azoth658 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Yeah, one season where we didn't have to deal with them. Question being, how often will the team be Carnage, Madusa, and the new Rocket and Groot once people have them built up? The early damage from all those strikes, the passive attack tiles, and Medusa's CD tile is going to be really good.
    I actually​ think we won't see a major special tile maker with medusa and carnage as the 10 friendly tile cap means they pair better with an active third user.

I'd suggest someone like cloak and dagger with the healing etc will probably be a likely third when covered. 
    Hmm, not sure about the effectiveness of Cloak and Dagger, at least on defense. They'd keep uncontrollably swapping, and using up purple so Medusa never gets to. I mean, it could work, and gives yellow and black outlets with the swaps. I just see players looking at the team with R4G and realizing how fast they need to go against the big damage up front and deciding to turn away.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker

Just experienced the new Carnage in the DPvMPQ Nova Essential node w/Dok Ock and Ultron... OMG!  Carnage's new black power is really nasty now in that combination.  I was able to overcome, but was much more difficult.  This isn't a complaint, the challenge was entertaining... but I think those Venom/Carnage/Doc Ock/Symbiote nodes in ...uhm, I can't recall the name of the event, but anyway, yeah... that's gonna suck, lol 

Wow... Carnage.  He's definitely tougher than he used to be (originally).  The last change was a bit of a nerf, this is surely a BUFF!

I look forward to playing my Carnage, with Medusa, and... Oh, so many choices... C4rol, Wasp, Mr. F, Peggy...  Muahaha!

• vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Seeing new Carnage in DPvMPQ definitely dragged out that fight longer than I was comfortable.  Add a few more minutes to your final clears if you're gonna try to grind the end of this event.  
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock said:
    Ducky said:

Again, better communication might alleviate issues where people are upset because they sold based on history of these seemingly permanent changes.
    I'd agree except there have been several characters who have been rebalanced twice. Invisible Woman was even rebalanced 3 times! So there is precedent (and early on) that characters can go through multiple rebalances.
    She wasn't reworked in consecutive seasons.
    I don't understand how that makes this worse.

For one, Carnage is vaulted. It's not like you would have used that time to rebuild him in any significant way. Presumably, anyone who sold Carnage thought he was a total waste of time now.

Second, the fact that they took the negative feedback and immediately (relative to their change schedule) instituted changes should be a good thing. Concerns were heard and addressed in a timely manner, as opposed to 6 months from now when everyone's complaining about 10 other things.

Carnage being re-tuned quickly is great. But the problem is that there was strong motivation to sell him quickly after his last change - those increased buyback prices don't last forever. 

I could see d3 offering to give players who sold him after the last round of changes a chance to get him back, as a goodwill gesture. Obviously it would have to be done through Customer service one at a time, but it wouldn't be an unreasonable thing to request. 
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock said:
    Ducky said:

Again, better communication might alleviate issues where people are upset because they sold based on history of these seemingly permanent changes.
    I'd agree except there have been several characters who have been rebalanced twice. Invisible Woman was even rebalanced 3 times! So there is precedent (and early on) that characters can go through multiple rebalances.

For one, Carnage is vaulted. It's not like you would have used that time to rebuild him in any significant way. Presumably, anyone who sold Carnage thought he was a total waste of time now.

Second, the fact that they took the negative feedback and immediately (relative to their change schedule) instituted changes should be a good thing. Concerns were heard and addressed in a timely manner, as opposed to 6 months from now when everyone's complaining about 10 other things.

Carnage being re-tuned quickly is great. But the problem is that there was strong motivation to sell him quickly after his last change - those increased buyback prices don't last forever. 

I could see d3 offering to give players who sold him after the last round of changes a chance to get him back, as a goodwill gesture. Obviously it would have to be done through Customer service one at a time, but it wouldn't be an unreasonable thing to request. 
    I messaged Brigby the same idea. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017

Borstock said:
    Ducky said:

In my mind, any difference in sell price is outweighed by a significant margin by the positives outlined in my previous post.

I wouldn't be against them giving a customer their Carnage back and taking back the rewards earned through selling him. As a customer who didn't sell him, I wouldn't consider that unfair to my side. But I also don't think the company is obligated to do so in this case.
  • GCBrad
    GCBrad Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Long time player, infrequent commenter.

IMO this is the best version of Carnage that's ever been. Minimal downsides.

as for Drax, he's too weak. The black is nice in that it gets rid of things, but there's not nearly enough punch there. I actually liked his old purple, it just needed the 'ends turn' removed. A passive is fine but seems too weak on its own and i don't think it fits with who Drax is as a character. MPQ has generally done a great job of interpreting a comics persona into their powers, but this new incarnation of Drax doesn't seem  right.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    New McG said:
    Borstock said:
    Ducky said:

Or there's always the "don't be a petulant child and throw a tantrum by anger-selling the character because you're mad about something in the first place" option. 

OK, then. 

It's also possible to be entirely rational and say "Carnage just got retuned; he's terrible now and I will never use him, but with the nice new characters being released right now, I could really improve my roster with that roster slot and the limited time offer of increased sell-back HP/ISO." 

I've never had Carnage rostered, by the way. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was happy to test Blad3 with Drax and see Secret Weapon proc each turn Nightstalker activated. He'll make a killer pair with Rocket and Baby Groot once Rocket's Pack starts rolling.