Tezzeret the Schemer Support/Fabricate Deck Help?

Tezzeret the Schemer, Level 59

Creatures (2):

Spells (3):

Supports (5):

Strategy:

Punish opponent with supports then by destroying them.

• Fabricate Gems count as a support for both entering play as well as being destroyed.
  • Design creates two Fabrication Gems per round.
  • Rage creates another support that deals 8 damage when a support is destroyed.
  • Blightcaster helps knock down newly cast opponents. -4/-4 to first creature from Fabrication Gems, plus supports I cast.
  • Syndicate Trafficker is gaining +2/+2 per support destroyed
  • Insidious Will slows down the opponents progress while racking up some destroyed supports
  • Herald of Anguish slows down the opponents progress (discard), tosses out additional -2/-2 penalties (perminant) and is a decent creature
  • The rest of the deck is devoted to filling my hand, getting supports out and starving opponents progress.  
I tried to include Willbreaker, which worked amazingly for stealing opponents creatures, but really interfered with Blightcaster. It also adds a reliance on the opponent actually getting cards out, so I can take them. It's not a bad idea, but it's a different theme of deck I'll have to explore later.

Wish List:

Ideas?

I’d like to get more Fabrication Gems, but I only see 2 or 3 black creatures that might toss out 1-2 gems.

Any supports or spells you can think of that would be synergistic? Maybe something else that punishes opponent for discarding, but I can’t think of anything.

Comments

• Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Am waiting for next week to purchase T2 with crystals, but since clues are supports as well I'm going to add things like Tamiyo's Journal and maybe Ongoing Investigation.  Only thing better than one-shield supports are self-destructing supports!
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Right now this is the Tezzeret deck I play:

Creatures (2)
    Marionette Master
    Syndicate Trafficker

Supports (4)
    Tamiyo's Journal
    Corrupted Grafstone
    Aetherworks Marvel (would probably replace with Insidious Will had I had it)
    Prairie Stream

Spells (4)
    Anguished Unmaking
    To the Slaughter
    Ruinous Path
    Infinite Obliteration

So far I can tell Marionette Master and Tamiyo's Journal are great.
    Mana accelerants of any form help this deck get better.
    Aetherworks Marvel underperforms and Anguished Unmaking is only situationally useful against opponent supports. 
    Removal is highly relevant in all black decks so I wouldn't go without it.
    And lastly, Syndicate Trafficker. I also have Padeem, but all 3 creatures feel a bit like too much. I will experiment a bit more before drawing a conclusion, but so far Master & Trafficker seem enough with the ultimate.
    Of course the deck is by no means some busted deck you could use against overpowered opponents in events (such as, surprise surprise, Tezzeret himself).
  • JanksMcJank
    JanksMcJank Posts: 62 Match Maker
    edited April 2017
    Magog said:
    Am waiting for next week to purchase T2 with crystals, but since clues are supports as well I'm going to add things like Tamiyo's Journal and maybe Ongoing Investigation.  Only thing better than one-shield supports are self-destructing supports!

Clues don't always act the same as Fabrications... 

Fabrications count as "colorless support entering play" so they set off Sram & Molten Nursery, while Clues don't seem to do the same. Because of this, I didn't think to try them here. 

But I tested and the Clues are triggering Blightcaster (on entry) and Rage/Syndicate Trafficker (on destruction)!

Thanks for the idea :)
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    I don't think clues count as colourless.
    the way blightcaster is worded, I would expect it to be
    triggered by clues.
    clues should also count as supports being destroyed
    as 'destroy support' cards can target clues.
    (I've failed to hit tamiyo's journal many times because
    of it's clue)

HH
  • JanksMcJank
    JanksMcJank Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Bug with Syndicate Trafficker.
    She was taken from me with Welcome to the Fold.

The whole battle, opponents (folded) Syndicate Trafficker would get +2/+2 whenever one of my Supports were destroyed instead of the opponents supports. 

• Wildcatbarry
    Wildcatbarry Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    How much will Tezzeret the Schemer cost to purchase?    (mana crystal quantity)
  • Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Probably 650, like the other dual-colour planeswalkers.
  • Wildcatbarry
    Wildcatbarry Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Thank you.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Bug with Syndicate Trafficker.
    She was taken from me with Welcome to the Fold.

The whole battle, opponents (folded) Syndicate Trafficker would get +2/+2 whenever one of my Supports were destroyed instead of the opponents supports. 

This isn't a bug, that's just how the card works. The card text says "When a support is Destroyed from the board, this creature gets +2/+2". That means that the destruction of any support will boost him. It's what makes him so fantastic.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    freind got that card not sure if he has had a chance to test it though but he doesnt have marionette master though.
    In mine i use 2 kill spells herald, imprision, and 2 discard spells, underhanded design and insidioous with the last creature being contraband kingpin just for a bit of heal. i use the second ability mostly for the extra fabricates pumping up the first creature. works ok not perfect but i do find if they have no cards they have a hard time killing you. slow deck though for killing but effective sorry forgot fevered dreams just because really extra damage but harder to keep them cardless so migh be getting swapped since i usually dont cast it
  • Mickleberry
    Mickleberry Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Here's my Tezzeret build.

CIRCLE OF AFFLICTION

Creatures (2)
    Marionette Master
    Padeem, Consul of Innovation

Supports: (6)
    Blightcaster
    Oath of Liliana
    Ongoing Investigation
    Panharmonicon
    Tamiyo's Journal
    Underhanded Designs

Spells (2)
    Tidy Conclusion
    Unlicensed Disintegration

The deck is pretty consistent, always putting supports on the board and rewarding you for your efforts. Plenty of Removal handles threats regularly, and several two-or-three card combos can take over a game with ease.

If you have these cards, give it a try. I think you'll like it.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    depends on cards really mine is slower and more card denial with my way i play which is mana denial to the ai it is slow but pretty steady with aethershere resivoir giving a bit of healing in case i need it and win most except big fast decks that get a 1st round cascade. freind i work with has him and he does ase you do race right for the last ability but he has synicate traffiker and padeem so it works well for him. stil dont see why you use a 5 mana kill though, a white match and boom dead creature lol for what 2 devoid gems at the most?