R126 Release Notes (5/8/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited May 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone!

Here are the Release Notes for the R126 update!

(Disclaimer: If you are on iOS, please do NOT update to R126. Updating causes save files to become temporarily inaccessible. A fix is currently in development.)

MPQ 126!

“All new Guardians of The Galaxy Events and Characters!”

What's Changed:

Fixed several small issues with Heroes for Hire

• Only 4-Stars are visible when leveling to S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30.
  • The correct 4-Star character is visible when leveling to S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30.
  • Daily Bundles will always display the bundle ending the earliest on the left.
  • Purchasing a bundle that gives tokens will properly update the Navigation arrows at the top of the screen if there was not any tokens to redeem previously.
  • The 'Ends In' time on the Chapter Select screen will now always display the correct amount of minutes.
  • The text displayed when every bundle has been purchased is now centered correctly
  • The button in the Heroes for Hire Store now has a "Pressed Down" animation when selecting it.

The game should no longer crash when minimizing the game while it's loading.

Passive power behavior has been updated to address some inconsistencies with how Passive powers play off of each other, as well as addressed some issues where Passive powers were not firing during match cascades. 

The Next Level text for Wolverine (Old Man Logan)'s power Reluctant Hero now more accurately lists what the next level of the power will be.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

What's Changed:

• The correct 4-Star character is visible when leveling to S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30.
    • Purchasing a bundle that gives tokens will properly update the Navigation arrows at the top of the screen if there was not any tokens to redeem previously.
    • The 'Ends In' time on the Chapter Select screen will now always display the correct amount of minutes.
    • The text displayed when every bundle has been purchased is now centered correctly
    • The button in the Heroes for Hire Store now has a "Pressed Down" animation when selecting it.
    I like the changes so we can see upcoming bundles. Can we expect there will be an option to purchase a different color cover for ths specific character. Also, any update on the current A/B test pricing? Half the players are being charged 3600 HP while the other half it's 2500 HP for slightly less Elite tokens and Iso.

I would actually love Heroes for Hire if I could choose the color and I wasn't stuck at the 3600 HP threshold (yes I know I've stated this about twenty times on the forum lol).
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Passive power behavior has been updated to address some inconsistencies with how Passive powers play off of each other, as well as addressed some issues where Passive powers were not firing during match cascades. 

Glad to hear it! Hopefully this means 3*Thanos (and 5*?) will be consistently wrecking fools instead of occasionally taking an unexpected time-out. 
  • Nikita-K
    Nikita-K Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    "Passive power behavior has been updated to address some inconsistencies with how Passive powers play off of each other, as well as addressed some issues where Passive powers were not firing during match cascades."

Does that mean Elektra's shadowstep is no longer completely broken? This would be better news than her latest rework.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    What about Medusa purple not stealing anything? Black Panther 5* TU not working? Or any of the other items Tombstone posted about under bugs and technical issues?
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let me add to the complaints about some players being charged 3600 HP for a 4*, while others can get it for 2500 HP.  That seems so wrong, even though the 3600 HP is a "better" deal.  I have the 3600 HP deal and I would rather have the 2500 HP instead. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad to see they fix the bugs that deal with money (ie HfH store) and ignore all the rest. I get it, they're a business, but it still stings a bit.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    MPQ 126!

“All new Guardians of The Galaxy Events and Characters!

I hope this means Yondu and Nebula (especially after their big rols in vol 2). 

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone!

Here are the Pre-Release Notes for the upcoming R126 update!
    (*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

MPQ 126!

What's Changed:

The game should no longer crash when minimizing the game while it's loading.

The Next Level text for Wolverine (Old Man Logan)'s power Reluctant Hero now more accurately lists what the next level of the power will be.

Events...a concert! 4* Dazzled confirmed
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    sourpuss rant ahead:
    The groot of all this frustration comes from being a fanboy and having your expectations of a Marvel product be lowered by the amount of support for the customers compared to the audience engagement for their other licenses. The poor rewards comparative to other video games'(CoC) in-game purchases is just the latest. This particular medium has made 100 million dollars, that might not be Wolerine at Target or Spider-man on your lunchbox type of money but the consumers of this particular platform for your brand need to have an animation when they press the button to purchase their bundles. It all comes down to making the bundles more visually appealing. We as purchasers demand a better navigation icon when we purchase all of the bundles available. It is outrageous that they weren't automatically sorted in a way that I had to look through them. If your going to have your bundle screens all willy-nilly after you've purchased every one I might as well go play DC Universe Online.
    --Whats that you say?-- they fixed all that with the latest patch?-- I have to go hurry to get in a buy club by Sat. so I can grind out the PvP!

MPQ 126!

What's Changed:

All+New? 
    -Like a character we didn't previously have?
    Starlord, Starlord, R&G, Gamora
    -Like new content for Meet Rocket and Groot?
    1 new event cover and reducing the duration on Luck be a Lady does not new content make. cut screens don't count as new PvE event.
    -Like a new set of powers for Drax?
    Slice & Dice
    No Changes.

-Carnage rework?returned to a passive that generates attack tiles and:

Carnage Rules
    No Changes.
    What is true:
    + cool new non-competitive PvE with the guardians that awards a 4*!
         -but has a controversial locked/req'd node that made some people all sorts of worked up about.
         -the other turned into a ghost and discorporeated 
    +Another great addition for newer players in the 3*! Charged tiles are going to be the special tile of the season.Look for this and Hawkguys Electric Arrow to create fascinating combos outside the normal battery pairings. The last several 3*s have been great additions!
         - but also just shadow versions of their 5*(or vice versa? which is more sad?). 
    +A marketing tie-in w/Marvel Insider where you can get a 3* R&G cover;
         -for 125,000 points
    +Bundles have been fixed? made easier? to use/buy? I don't even know. bugs for daze...no for years! but bundles. gotta have them centered; carnage lag is worse than ever but that button animation has new code. yep bundles. thats some real QoL changes there. 
        -Why do I have to pay more for my bundles anyway? how come I have to pay "elite tax" on my bundles?  throw your bundles into Boston harbor & tell your king to take your ISOtariffs off our covers! (unless you do an Inhumans bundle like the Defenders one; I would probably buy that one) Give me colorless covers or give me Isodeath!

MPQ 126!
     "Getting Maximum Return on Licensee Rights!!"

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, you're right, that was a rant. I didn't really read it, but I hope you feel better now.

I'm actually pretty pumped for a shorter Meet R&G. That second sub-event was way too long :)

It would be nice to get even an incomplete list of the "Passives that play off of each other" issues that were addressed. I'm assuming the second part refers mainly to Court Death and critical tiles, but it would be nice to know for sure. 
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    D4Ni13 said:
    MPQ 126!

“All new Guardians of The Galaxy Events and Characters!

I hope this means Yondu and Nebula (especially after their big rols in vol 2). 

Yes,  I hope when they say all new characters they mean ALL NEW CHARACTERS!  And not all new variants of gamora and already in game characters.
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Well just did update and started back at tutorial!
  • Amsha3gar
    Amsha3gar Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    All-New refers to the new GoG title that began a couple weeks ago:

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Amsha3gar said:
    All-New refers to the new GoG title that began a couple weeks ago:

In hindsight, it seems to be referring to iOS users having their rosters reset to zero and having to start with "All-New" characters.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    purplemur said:
    sourpuss rant ahead:
    The groot of all this frustration comes from being a fanboy and having your expectations of a Marvel product be lowered by the amount of support for the customers compared to the audience engagement for their other licenses. The poor rewards comparative to other video games'(CoC) in-game purchases is just the latest. This particular medium has made 100 million dollars, that might not be Wolerine at Target or Spider-man on your lunchbox type of money but the consumers of this particular platform for your brand need to have an animation when they press the button to purchase their bundles. It all comes down to making the bundles more visually appealing. We as purchasers demand a better navigation icon when we purchase all of the bundles available. It is outrageous that they weren't automatically sorted in a way that I had to look through them. If your going to have your bundle screens all willy-nilly after you've purchased every one I might as well go play DC Universe Online.
    --Whats that you say?-- they fixed all that with the latest patch?-- I have to go hurry to get in a buy club by Sat. so I can grind out the PvP!

MPQ 126!

What's Changed:

All+New? 
    -Like a character we didn't previously have?
    Starlord, Starlord, R&G, Gamora
    -Like new content for Meet Rocket and Groot?
    1 new event cover and reducing the duration on Luck be a Lady does not new content make. cut screens don't count as new PvE event.
    -Like a new set of powers for Drax?
    Slice & Dice
    No Changes.

-Carnage rework?returned to a passive that generates attack tiles and:

Carnage Rules
    No Changes.
    What is true:
    + cool new non-competitive PvE with the guardians that awards a 4*!
         -but has a controversial locked/req'd node that made some people all sorts of worked up about.
         -the other turned into a ghost and discorporeated 
    +Another great addition for newer players in the 3*! Charged tiles are going to be the special tile of the season.Look for this and Hawkguys Electric Arrow to create fascinating combos outside the normal battery pairings. The last several 3*s have been great additions!
         - but also just shadow versions of their 5*(or vice versa? which is more sad?). 
    +A marketing tie-in w/Marvel Insider where you can get a 3* R&G cover;
         -for 125,000 points
    +Bundles have been fixed? made easier? to use/buy? I don't even know. bugs for daze...no for years! but bundles. gotta have them centered; carnage lag is worse than ever but that button animation has new code. yep bundles. thats some real QoL changes there. 
        -Why do I have to pay more for my bundles anyway? how come I have to pay "elite tax" on my bundles?  throw your bundles into Boston harbor & tell your king to take your ISOtariffs off our covers! (unless you do an Inhumans bundle like the Defenders one; I would probably buy that one) Give me colorless covers or give me Isodeath!

MPQ 126!
     "Getting Maximum Return on Licensee Rights!!"

I'm trying to figure out if this is the most brilliant thing I've read all day or the most confusing thing.  Either way, I liked it, it made me laugh.  Well done!
  • DarqFeonix
    DarqFeonix Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Not sure if this is a R126 update, but I just noticed that Scarlet Witch's Arcane now affects Team Ups, and is explicitly mentioned in the description.  Stealth Unnerfing.