MPQ at Marvel.com: Rocket & Groot

2»

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    12 blue is a bit pricey but overall these abilities sound funteresting.
    Since Groot is able to gather AP for you, perhaps the Dev's will consider this for Banner/Hulk wink wink.
    I am afraid I'll be yelling out loud for little Groot - 'Don't make that match!' 
    Considering it's a permanent, 1-turn damage plus attack creation power, I'd call 12AP acceptable, especially with the amount of damage per turn it dishes out well exceeding Ghost Rider's 2-turn tile.
    Hulk won't generate AP, because it's a long-term power rather than Groot's 3 turns. If you get Banner transformed early, you could spend the rest of the match making the random matches
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Yellow one-time strikes? Maybe I'll bite if it converts all yellow to strikes (a la Flaptain), but I really want characters to have powers that are usable, not a bonus that's probably going to get matched away within two turns and now the character only has two powers with any effect.

I expect Baby Groot matching to be infuriating yet adorable. Well played, MPQ.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yellow one-time strikes? Maybe I'll bite if it converts all yellow to strikes (a la Flaptain), but I really want characters to have powers that are usable, not a bonus that's probably going to get matched away within two turns and now the character only has two powers with any effect.

I guess you are a "glass half empty" guy? Strike tiles are probably the most useful kind of special tile, and getting them at the start of the game means you are guaranteed to get use out of them. Not to mention they make a lot of other fast Powers even nastier...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

I guess you are a "glass half empty" guy? Strike tiles are probably the most useful kind of special tile, and getting them at the start of the game means you are guaranteed to get use out of them. Not to mention they make a lot of other fast Powers even nastier...
    This power is basically a completely new mechanic, so it's a bit hard to say how well it will work.  On the one hand, it will produce a solid amount of the best kind of special tiles very quickly.  So at the beginning of matches, grocket teams will have 5* level match damage that will slowly decay over time as the tiles get matched away. 

We know what that looks like from facing 5* teams.  They are threatening, especially if a match drags on.  But they aren't deadly unless they also have dangerous powers to use on top of the match damage. 

I am curious to see how this power plays. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Quebbster said:

This power is basically a completely new mechanic, so it's a bit hard to say how well it will work.  On the one hand, it will produce a solid amount of the best kind of special tiles very quickly.  So at the beginning of matches, grocket teams will have 5* level match damage that will slowly decay over time as the tiles get matched away. 

We know what that looks like from facing 5* teams.  They are threatening, especially if a match drags on.  But they aren't deadly unless they also have dangerous powers to use on top of the match damage. 

I am curious to see how this power plays. 

Same here. I am definitely not counting on the strike tiles being matched away right away though. :)
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017

Yellow one-time strike tiles. Face this on defence: R4G 3/5/5, Carol Danvers 5/5/3, Medusa 5/4/4 (or 5/5/3). Roughly 2K in strikes followed by the already high damage of medusa's CD, and unless you get rid of all the strikes, Carol will be strengthening what's left by 1200 when Medusa's CD finishes. Only blessing is the AI will probably use Executive Decision on the Medusa CD rather than Photonic Barrage or Don't Touch This Button. Yes, the passive will be lackluster with the single cover most players will get, considering just how few will get either of the actives, but that will be one killer team.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I am looking forward to new character mechanics; however, I'm a little worried that I am Groot power will mess up any potential L-shaped 5-matches since AI only matches them in straight lines as well as potentially making a 4-match that wipes out an essential special tile (invisibility or Peggy blue countdown tile)