What's the current tier list and metagame look like?

Options
ROYGBV00
ROYGBV00 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
edited May 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone!

I played MPQ religiously many months ago, but uninstalled it due to boredom, but I finally got back into it.

I see that there's a lot of new Planeswalkers and cards, as well as Quick Battle rune farming removed (THIS ONE SUCKS)...

I was wondering how the new Planeswalkers stacks up against the old ones...I stopped playing after Koth was released and revised.  Is he still pretty cheap?  I remembered Kiora was also pretty cheap.

I'm at a loss with the new PW's and how the new mechanics work, so any help is appreciated!

Comments

• THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Power Creep has really taken hold since you last played, prepare to be shocked by that. The rewards are kinda **** now, but I guess we get on with it. As for new mechanics you can now tap on an underlined word on a card (all mechanics have this) and it'll show you what it does. Planeswalkers, well, there are really only 3, maybe 4 good mono coloured ones, ObNixilis, Jace Unraveler of Secrets and Koth, though Nissa2 sees some play as well, all the origins planeswalkers have been outpowered, with Lili1 being the only remotely useful one of the bunch. Newer dual coloured planeswalkers have taken over the meta, particularly blue ones. I made a post recently [ http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/64094/the-current-meta-wall-of-text ] that's a bit of an overview of the meta, but not quite what you are asking about.

Energize - creates X energized gems, they look kinda lit up - you'll know it when you see it
    Overload - whenever you match ONE energized gem you get an overload ONE ability, same goes for overload 2 and 3.

Investigate - creates a clue token support with 2 shields and counts down one shield at the start of you turn and when its destroyed you draw a card. NOTE: if you match a clue token while it has 2 shields it still dies, doesn't just lose one shield
    Madness: whenever you discard a card while you have a card with madness in your hand, that "madness" card gains X mana. Additionally, madness cards CANNOT be discarded.

Hope it helps!