****Agent May (Melinda May)****

Options
Astralgazer
Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
A tragic experience while on a mission left May emotionally scarred and caused her to become the rigid, somewhat withdrawn person she is today. This led to her decision to avoid field work, until Coulson persuaded her to sign up with his new team. (Description taken from Agent of Shield wikia page.)

The Cavalry
Melinda May is a skilled martial artist, whose presence in the battlefield can single-handedly tip the balance to her team's favor. Puts up a CD tile, while the CD is on the board the team does 5-10-15-20-25% more match damage. Puts May in front. When the CD expires, creates strength X strike tiles.

Somersault Shooting
Agent May jumps to the air, evading all incoming damage and brandishes her twin pistols. Launches May airborne for 3-3-2-2-1 turn, then damages two random enemies upon landing.

Whatever It Takes
Agent May can go silent as a cat and opt for non-lethal take-down, But she is not above taking more direct and lethal approaches if necessary. Stuns target enemy for X turn, when she has more than X (color) AP she doesn't stun but destroys X number of tiles and damages the target enemy for X damage. More rank increases the stun or increases damage.

Comments

• odjntrade2
    odjntrade2 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I like the general concept but I have a few tweaks.

The cavalry increasing all match damage is unreliable with team composition and potentially overpowered for teams with 5 stars. Maybe do something like 2 star black widow and deal an extra hit with certain color hits.

Summersault shooting doesn't make sense to have her airborne for so long. Make it a constant 1 turn and increase damage and number of targets hit with levels.

Whatever it takes has 2 alterations. First make it change when the enemy has more than  x AP but have it stun a random enemy in addition to tile destruction. I feel like it would be extra useful if you add a passive like she deals damage to Target when an enemy stops being stunned.  Give the feeling that she is pressing the attack harder whenever things aren't going in your favor.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    odjntrade2. Thanks for the reply. Your suggestions are really good. Let's discuss a bit.

Firstly, I'm thinking about a moveset that has an exceptional power, an okay power, and a situational/niche power. The Cavalry is intended to be this exceptional power, Somersault Shooting is okay, and Whatever It Takes the situational one.

The Cavalry should emphasize the fact that May can rescue her team out of the jaw of certain defeat. Somersault Shooting emphasizes her martial power, especially with a gun. And Whatever It Takes showcases her effectiveness in any situation.

For The Cavalry, we have two models basically: Thanos' (both 3* and 5*) purple and OBW's black. I like Thanos' concept better, but May should help the whole team, not just herself. That is why I stand by my original proposition to make this power a CD tile and Strike tile producer. Yes, there will be an uncertainty factor in regard to the teammates. This also reflects the situation in the series that sometimes May fails to help her team because it is already a fragmented and weakened team.

I can accept your proposition in regard to Somersault Shooting. It is admittedly a better scheme than my original. Make May airborne for 1 turn, then shoot 1-1-2-2-3 enemies for X damage. The number for X can be increased a little each rank up, or it can stay the same to reflect that May still shoots using the same pistols. She just gets to be a quicker draw with rank up. If the number of X is big, make the target random--just like Moon Knight's green. If its number is only reasonable, make her shoot one selected target (at rank 1-2) then add one random target (at rank 3&4), then go full AOE at rank 5.

I also like your suggestion in regard to Whatever It Takes. There are countless possibility to reflect the concept. Maybe we can make May only does Stun initially, but add X damage and destroy X number of (basic) tiles once her health is down. For example, the damage and tile destruction is added when her health is at 50%-55%-60%-65%-70%. This would IMO better reflect her resolution: the more she gets pressed, the more she pushes back.

What do you think? .