MPQ at Marvel.com: Rocket & Groot

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Bring all the bullets, bombs, and rockets you have to the party, because here comes Rocket & Groot!
Check out 4-Star Rocket & Groot here: Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2)

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strikes at the start of the turn.. CD.. sounds like another Carol/Medusa team
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    What, if anything, does Welcome to the Team do during the match? Or does it only do something at the very start?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor

Not sure if the free strikes to start is good or bad. They could get matched pretty early, and then you have an empty skill the rest of the match. On the other hand, this provides an even easier way to take out Hood and other low health annoying targets quickly. If you can't fortify the tiles quickly, it will be a waste of a skill. Pretty much will determine every match via luck with placement of the strikes. If they are easy to match right away, you are out a skill, if they are spread out, you can get a lot of value from this skill. Green is pretty powerful, but slow. The slow speed is made up for by the AP generation of the passive though. Still, you are more likely to match the tile away before it goes off with an extra match every turn. Need to see max damage numbers on the blue and the strength of the strike tiles to make a final judgment, but they seem like a decent pair. Probably not top tier, but upper middle.

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Rocket's Pack just answered the question I had regarding the updated Secret Weapon. The 2 should be meant to work together seeing that their colors are complementary and news was one after the other. So each turn it deal its own damage and activates Drax's extra damage and puts out an attack tile. This could be a big old bag of ouch! Best if you have a green goblin or 5* Hawkeye to keep the CDs protected.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    So, R&G passive strikes, 4* Star Lord passive countdowns (on enemy actives), plus Carol's massive passive tile buffing (on countdown expiry). Throw in a couple of cascades, and you're done. 

I wonder just how many matches will end without firing a single active power. 
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Can't wait until groot matches away the nuke tile. Over and over and over...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't Touch This Button, Carol has an Executive decision to give you.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    zodiac339 said:
    Don't Touch This Button, Carol has an Executive decision to give you.
    I'm already thinking (subject to full details being released) of a Star-Lord, Carol, R&G combo.

Rainbows and countdowns and Strike Tiles all for a low low price of reduced AP cost!
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    The arts are adorable, taken straight out of the movie
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Gotta gets me some baby groot on ma team
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strikes at the start of the turn.. CD.. sounds like another Carol/Medusa team
    Start of the match right?  So this is a one time only passive.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    I actually like the idea of a one-time only boost from a skill.  If you have two active skills on a given color, one of them is typically a waste.  As long as you have another active yellow, it sort of gets you more value out of that color than a weak active yellow (see, e.g.,  Squirrel Girl Yellow)
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Although I do like the sound of the new r&g, I need to play with them to fully appreciate them.
    That said... I will be so angry when groots free move matches the cd tile time after time after time again!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skottie Young cover, ftw. Nicely done.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    @brigby from the Star-Lord announcement:
    "fans should also join or check out Marvel Insider in the coming days for ways to rack up points doing “Marvel Puzzle Quest” related activities! Then, use all points to redeem an awesome in-game reward."
    Do we have an update on this?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't wait to see all the animations. R&G are one of my most used 3*s so I can't wait to see what their 4* can do.
  • WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Am I seeing correctly in the artwork that when Don't Push This Button is activated, Groot actually disappears from Rocket's shoulder until the countdown resolves or is matched?
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    12 blue is a bit pricey but overall these abilities sound funteresting.
    Since Groot is able to gather AP for you, perhaps the Dev's will consider this for Banner/Hulk wink wink.
    I am afraid I'll be yelling out loud for little Groot - 'Don't make that match!' 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I seeing correctly in the artwork that when Don't Push This Button is activated, Groot actually disappears from Rocket's shoulder until the countdown resolves or is matched?
    That's what I'm seeing. Guessing we'll know for sure soon.