Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (5/2/17)

Comments

• Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    @quebbster - true. Will be interesting to see.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby Not that I was one of them, but what about those folks who sold off their Carnage due to the prior nerf just a month ago? Do they have any recourse or is it just "buyer (or seller) beware"?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    For Drax, does the strike tile have the passive component,
    or does the power itself have the passive component?   In other words, will countdown tiles do damage without the strike tile out?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Drax:
    Also has a Passive component that deals damage whenever a friendly Countdown tile has expired.

Sounds like a glitch
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor

Drax:
    Also has a Passive component that deals damage whenever a friendly Countdown tile has expired.

Sounds like a glitch

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

I wonder if it only does 1 point of damage...

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would bet money that the bug was early implementation code for this power. 

Anyway, these both look like good rebalances. Carnage is going to be way better on offense while still acting as a scarecrow, and Drax looks....actually fun to use now? Madness!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    For Drax, does the strike tile have the passive component,
    or does the power itself have the passive component?   In other words, will countdown tiles do damage without the strike tile out?
    It's a typical active-passive, like Coulson or anyone else.

The active creates a strike tile when launched, the passive does damage when CDs expire.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    I would bet money that the bug was early implementation code for this power. 
    Actually, someone on Reddit claimed that the devs indicated on Discord that this change was made because people liked the CD bug so much.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Yeah, apparently it's the other way around. On Discord, Anthony said they saw what the impact of even a small amount of damage on countdown completion can have on the game and it inspired the Drax passive. 

Also worth mentioning, they took a lot of feedback based on the last Carnage change the day the details of it were released on Discord. It wasn't meant to be a nerf, it was meant to be a different way of playing the character but they realize that took all of the uniqueness out of him and listened to the players who loved how he was. This new iteration could be a good middle ground and is now less dependent on the enemy spamming powers. Seems like a better scarecrow with Medusa now that you can't mitigate how much attack tiles he's putting out. 
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    madsalad said:
    @Brigby Not that I was one of them, but what about those folks who sold off their Carnage due to the prior nerf just a month ago? Do they have any recourse or is it just "buyer (or seller) beware"?
    Yep... Whoops. 
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    This is such a huge issue. I sold a maxed 370 carnage for chump change due to the nerf ..... now he was rebuffed quickly after and I want my original carnage back. This last set of nerfs was so sloppy and unprofessional. 

You claim to listen to the community on the carnage nerf but the outrage and massive dislike for the oml nerf was WAY more prevalent. So he will get fixed and rebuffed right? And all those chumps like me who took the ****  compensation on logan can get him reinstated right? 

The buffs are what we need. Not nerfs that significantly impact our roster and favorite characters only to have it rolled back later with no options or recourse. Maybe think nerfs through more effectively from now on or even do a season long " trial nerf" to gauge community feedback. Bad business and you guys know it was cheap and shady what you did. 

#buffnotnerf
    #bringbackOML
    #refundmymoney

• catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Forget carnage how about an update for venom eddie brock or hulk banner. Why waste consecutive season updates on the same guy who you already changed. Better yet why release the update without a throughout testing before release the change. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Starfury said:
    Great updates for those two characters. Where do I get their covers?
    Yeah I thought something similar. I already have the covers, but why bother champing them when they are Vaulted????

People that already champed them will be quite happy but for the rest, those are another possibly decent chars where you should not invest your iso, because you should put all your iso into not vaulted chars.

Maybe Devs should also add updated chars to tokens.... (without removing more chars obviously), at least for a while....
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for listening to us, these are very welcome changes. I don't use either of them enough personally to be able to comment on what effects it will have on their effectiveness, but I welcome buffs of any kind. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is such a huge issue. I sold a maxed 370 carnage for chump change due to the nerf ..... now he was rebuffed quickly after and I want my original carnage back. This last set of nerfs was so sloppy and unprofessional. 

You claim to listen to the community on the carnage nerf but the outrage and massive dislike for the oml nerf was WAY more prevalent. So he will get fixed and rebuffed right? And all those chumps like me who took the tinykitty  compensation on logan can get him reinstated right? 

The buffs are what we need. Not nerfs that significantly impact our roster and favorite characters only to have it rolled back later with no options or recourse. Maybe think nerfs through more effectively from now on or even do a season long " trial nerf" to gauge community feedback. Bad business and you guys know it was cheap and shady what you did. 

#buffnotnerf
    #bringbackOML
    #refundmymoney

At this point, many characters in this game have gotten nerfs, buffs, and both nerfs and buffs. It's hard to argue surprise when these things happen fairly regularly. They even have a typical schedule for when changes happen and should be expected.

The nerf to Carnage didn't make him so completely and totally useless that a max champ version of him needed to be sold right away. Seller beware.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    New McG said:

I mean, do you have the slightest modicum of restraint? If you didn't act in a complete reactionary manner to every little thing that sticks in your craw, some of these issues could be averted.
    Seriously. I don't really feel any sympathy for anyone that sold a champed Carnage for the boosted sellback and now wants him back because he's been re-buffed. Did you need that roster slot that badly? No. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Minor concern on Secret Weapon. The wording is "expire". I wonder if CD tiles that refresh at zero (Ghost Rider, Blad3, Human Torch) will not register as expired and won't activate the passive damage.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    New McG said:

I mean, do you have the slightest modicum of restraint? If you didn't act in a complete reactionary manner to every little thing that sticks in your craw, some of these issues could be averted.
    Seriously. I don't really feel any sympathy for anyone that sold a champed Carnage for the boosted sellback and now wants him back because he's been re-buffed. Did you need that roster slot that badly? No. 
    Not just a champed carnage. A maxed champed carnage.  A vaulted character, that would have been way more useful in the long run, even with the changes that had been made.