***** Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) *****

124»

Comments

• morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    8 purple to steal OML or PHx strikes? Let them make them, then steal, then Bit of Both blast their faces off.

Would have been relevant pre-OML nerf.  We were seeing fewer OMLs at high level play anyway, because there were better choices out there.  The decline in frequency of OML matches has significantly accelerated post nerf.  Phoenix's only good partner was OML, so we're seeing a lot less of her too, so 5* Starlord's purple is an answer to a problem that doesn't really exist anymore in PvP.  Probably will see some use in PvE though.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Or bring a moonstone teamup
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Why not just allow the player to choose which color gets converted to charged green tiles? It allows better board control and bypasses the problem of the enemy's strongest color being green, or being a passive for the enemy.  Who cares if it's too similar to KK's purple, 5* Star Lord's power shouldn't be compromised to accommodate his variant in the 3* tier. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    How many 5*s have Green as their strongest? Just Jean and Black Bolt, and Jean's match damage is so low she's probably only the strongest if she's last woman standing (or much higher level than the others). Black Bolt's damage isn't amazingly high either
  • zaku
    zaku Posts: 43 Just Dropped In

8 purple to steal OML or PHx strikes? Let them make them, then steal, then Bit of Both blast their faces off.

Meanwhile, Elektra, Medusa, and and Ant-man all having coffee. 
    i think there are too many characters that do the same thing. I suppose Sl's the first 5* to steal specials, but with 4* that steal, there's much more utility and synergy imo
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    zaku said:

Meanwhile, Elektra, Medusa, and and Ant-man all having coffee. 
    i think there are too many characters that do the same thing. I suppose Sl's the first 5* to steal specials, but with 4* that steal, there's much more utility and synergy imo
    The problem is that SL steal is much much much worse that the ones you have mentioned. SL will steal 3 tiles, just 3, and he won't buff them or change them in any way. Compare that to Medusa or Elektra. If it was cheaper maybe it would be usable, but PH creates 4 strikes and does 9k damage for just one more AP !!!

I agree this purple might be even worse than Bolt's yellow, but at least Bolt has two amazing powers, SL has 0 amazing powers!

He should have been buffed already, with Carnage and Drax. I hope super whales don't go for him, and Devs need to buff him ASAP.

Now that Thanos will go out of newest LTs, we will have BP, which is good, Hawkeye who looks top tier, and SL who is trash tier. So, time to use all your LTs/CPs to get as many Thanos and Hawkeyes as possible, and then save for 4 -5 months until we get 3 new 5s? :sweat: :S

PS: I love SL this is why I am so harsh with him, because I want him to be good!!!
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx said:
    Astral, maybe retag your post with movie spoilers?  The film isnt even out in the US yet.

Apologies. Seems Ducky was quick to the scene. And gave me a heads up too.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    So basically it's worse than Psylocke blue
    Hey, now.  Let's not say things we can't take back.  Something Bad costs 2AP less, has no countdown tile and has a more positive effect if the opponent has attack, defense or strike tiles on the board (for 1AP less than Moonstone's black, which effectively does the same thing).  I'm not saying it's a good ability, but it's head-and-shoulders above Bewilder...   ...poor Psylocke.
  • Over__Flow
    Over__Flow Posts: 59
    Had to dig far in forum to find this back.

As I am now one of the rare user of doc oc and sl5 I can say that sl is better(except when c4rol is boosted).  Nevertheless I think he is in need of a good buff

His yellow could have his cost lowered and/or heal condition removed and/or damage dealt when strongest color of enemy is green

Purple is nice for some fights(vs oml Phoenix etc) or in combos(generate strike tiles and enemy attack tiles with phoenix and steal them) but the cost is too high. The AP steal is not really efficient so it would need a rework to really steal ap

I like green boardshake even if it is a bit too random. Damage is severely low. As proposed before I would lower AP cost and/or up damages(tile destruction damages?) and perhaps control 1 or all column placement.

As he will be out of latest in less than 2 month I think he would like to be improved soon :)
  • krak0
    krak0 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Love the characters and the animations are real fun. But he makes no sense has one form of direct damage in form of sad aoe for the cost and rarity he is. His purple is real bad Mordo and Medussa have way better purple skills  and his yellow is not a 5 star skill. He is a 4 star characters disguised as a 5 star. Looks  like they did not even try they gave him the old school treatment that 2 star cap daken and Thor got when they introduced their 3 star counterparts.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, having the highest match damage in the game totally makes up for the mediocre powers, right?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    5lord is so close to being really good.  In keeping with the powers that are in the game here a a couple of adjustments that should be made. 
    #1 his yellow power should cost 9 instead of 10.  This means 3 match 3's gets the power rolling.  On top of that the heal should always fire to the lowest health player on the team.  Waiting till someone is below 50% health is just too low for how much AP you need to generate.  Even if it was only at level 5 that it always healed it would be better.
    #2 his Purple should steal tiles and AP not one or the other.  Also the random AP is currently a random color up to 8 not 8 random AP.  If this was 8 true random AP it would be better as it would more consistently give you AP you can use.  Right now it is an instant bewilder and you have a good chance of getting AP you cannot use.
    #3 bump up his green power to do 10,500 AOE damage.  It is a slight bump in damage but needed.  You can get some really good cascades with this power but for a 5* it is under powered.  Rhulk for 6 AP more does 18k+ damage when buffed so 10K+ more damage than a 5*.  That is wrong.  With Thanos he does more damage but needs a CD to resolve. A 2-3k buff in damage makes this power a lot better.

overall 5lord is close to being good, but right now he is only helpful as a 3rd 5* in special situations.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got 5* Lord champed, anybody have any good boost week team suggestions?