Invisible Woman's Grant Invisibility interaction with stunned allies [solved]

beyonderbub
beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
Not sure if it is supposed to work this way but during Strange Days PVP, I had used my Iceman to stun Hulkbuster for 4 turns. The very next AI move, the opponent's Invisible Woman uses Grant Invisibilty and status of stunned Hulkbuster shifts to Invisible (2); he then proceeds to charge up with his black and wails on me with a repulsor punch next turn. So basically I 'wasted' the Build a Snowman. Grant Invisibilty should not work on stunned opponents
Tagged:

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    It shouldn't but the system will only allow a character to be in one these states : stunned, invisible or airborne
    so if an invisible character becomes stunned or a stunned character becomes airborne the new status takes priotity

so (sort of) working as intended
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs have confirmed that this interaction is intended. I don't know if it was intended from the beginning of the game when the engine was designed to allow only one status, but given those constraints this is the intended effect. 
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    [Added solved tag to show that this has been explained.]

Not speaking as a moderator: yeah, it's not an ideal interaction, but once you know about it, you can plan around it. Stunned, invisible, and airborne can all override stuns or invisibility, with the caveats that an airborne character cannot (currently) be affected by any other effect until they land, and invisible characters can only be affected by AoE or randomly-targeted stun/airborne effects.