Vault Sale This Weekend (4/29/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

The Vault sale has arrived, early in fact, and you should all be seeing a couple new Special Offers visible in the Vault!

We see these offers as being most beneficial to mid-tier players looking to strengthen their decks, as well as helping to grow their Rare and Mythic collections, in order to push themselves closer to those top-tier ranks.

Deluxe Booster
This booster pack gives you either a Rare or a Mythic card for 150 Mana Crystals. Here's the kicker: you get the opportunity to acquire a Rare or a Mythic from ANY set. (Please keep in mind you are only able to purchase this booster 3 times.)

Mythic Booster
This booster pack is a guaranteed Mythic for 200 Mana Jewels, and also gives you the opportunity to acquire a Mythic from any of the sets! (Please keep in mind you are only able to purchase this booster 3 times.)

Comments

• THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Any chance you're gonna get those details before it's in game? 
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it going to be packs with just rares and mythic cards in them?
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for the misleading advertisement in the game that led me to blowing 600 crystals on 2 dupe rares and nothing else... really think you should put a claim for higher drop rates in the game with a direct link to the vault and have it do nothing but mislead?
  • Ampmp11
    Ampmp11 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Agreed. Shouldn't the announcement in game state that the sale doesn't start until Saturday 8 am utc. We should be recompensated for purchasing packs bought. 
  • voodoo_gremlin
    voodoo_gremlin Posts: 61 Match Maker
    If its a cash sale I still don't care...if its a single random mythic for 600 gold crystal like the last sale (if i remember correctly) I'll be there!
  • Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    man... right as i just spend all my crystals...
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards

Don't worry... I doubt they will make anything available for crystals... Get your wallets out.

Or join the rest of us an say Not.Another.Dime.

• Infested
    Infested Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Wondering if this is d3 trying to boost their quarter. 
  • Caeman
    Caeman Posts: 65 Match Maker
    "High chance at Mythics"... and if all my cards wind up being dupe rares? 350 crystals for what is essentially 600 runes... how about a refund?
  • TracksuitDracula
    TracksuitDracula Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    200 mana jewels netted me my fifth Thing in the Ice, so I can safely say drop rates have not changed a bit
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Ouch. 150 crystals netted a Roc. I'll take it. 
  • Raviir
    Raviir Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I bought the deluxe boosters, all dupe rare cards. There were plenty of mythic cards I didn't own on the list, but I guess lady luck simply walked on by. Bummer. 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Used crystals for mythics. Got the demon of dark schemes, my first,  so yay. Had over 200 unobtanium and bought a masterpiece...... another demon of dark schemes, so... crud on a cracker. Wasn't there a thread about submitting a "request" If you duped using unobtanium? 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Gunmix25 said:
    Used crystals for mythics. Got the demon of dark schemes, my first,  so yay. Had over 200 unobtanium and bought a masterpiece...... another demon of dark schemes, so... crud on a cracker. Wasn't there a thread about submitting a "request" If you duped using unobtanium? 
    I noticed a delay clock between purchases. I wonder if that was inserted as a way to ensure better random number seeding?
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gunmix25 said:
    I noticed a delay clock between purchases. I wonder if that was inserted as a way to ensure better random number seeding?
    If so... I was unaware of that fact and would've waited an hour at least.  I'm mad and saddened by this.  The odds of those two back to back on two separate kinds of packs mythic vs masterpiece ... I would've been okay with another non duped mythic via masterpiece but considering how hard unobtanium is to get without money... it's depressing to have something of that kind of value go down the drain 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Gunmix25 said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    If so... I was unaware of that fact and would've waited an hour at least.  I'm mad and saddened by this.  The odds of those two back to back on two separate kinds of packs mythic vs masterpiece ... I would've been okay with another non duped mythic via masterpiece but considering how hard unobtanium is to get without money... it's depressing to have something of that kind of value go down the drain 
    I'm thinking about restarting the app between purchases going forward. 
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    I loved the 150 crystals for a "rare or better" pack.  Even though I got 3 duplicates.  This is the sort of product I want to spend my crystals on.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gunmix25 said:

What delay clock? 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Ohboy said:
    Gunmix25 said:

What delay clock? 
    When I opened my first Deluxe booster there was a ~10 second countdown like the free booster countdown before I could purchase a second one. 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Neither my free booster or new promo boosters had a 10 second clock.