Thanos Boss Event: Come and Get Me * Updated (4/27/17)

Comments

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    The one thing that I don't like is that when you are capped out and your alliance raises you up a level, you get a bonus boss fight, but if you are playing and you level up, you don't get an extra fight.  I know it's really picky, but when you're waiting 8 hours for another chance to play, every game counts.

• NNCSavage
    NNCSavage Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. There have been some corrections to the rewards list, as well as some more answers to your questions:

Infinite Power's countdown tile duration is 3-turns at Rounds 1 through 6, and 4-turns at rounds 7 and 8.
    in round 7 and it's not 4 turns. ***wrong power***

I'm bad at reading!
    hahaha Thx Rick!
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    NNCSavage said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. There have been some corrections to the rewards list, as well as some more answers to your questions:

Infinite Power's countdown tile duration is 3-turns at Rounds 1 through 6, and 4-turns at rounds 7 and 8.
    in round 7 and it's not 4 turns.
    Not the Gauntlet CD tile, that's still 2.
    Thanos' purple ability, Infinite Power lasts on the board for 4 turns during rounds 7-8.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    NNCSavage said:
    Brigby said:

in round 7 and it's not 4 turns.

you're a liar, that is impossible,  they "play test" everything till the end.   lmao

colorless covers
    p.s. and the money
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    remember "you are supposed to lose"  and  "We are surprised 50 alliance finished galactus" during first run.

colorless covers
    We need a block feature so badly. 
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    What health does boss Thanos go to on round 7?  
    And what's the approximate damage given by his Guantlet CD?
    Not looking forward to the scaling jump on side nodes.
    I took around 8800 the one time his Gauntlet CD went off and cleared a row.  He has around 30k HP.
  • NNCSavage
    NNCSavage Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Round 7 Thanos: 30848 hp
    match damage is 421 for color tiles so a full row charged clear is 3*7*421 = 8841
    TU tiles are less - 210 I think? and not charged.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    • Another fantastic event ruined by incompetence. 

• After so much time it looks like the Devs are just trolling us. So, you troll us again, I keep my wallet closed.

Are we even playing the same event?  This has not been as bad as some people have made it out to be.  The difficulty might even be a hair off on the low side for people with late-stage rosters.  I'm in Round 7 and Thanos has proved challenging at times, but not insanely impossible like 1st Galactus or Boss Rush were.  The side nodes haven't been that much of a problem (the Maggia goons are as annoying as ever, but that's not a huge deal).

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love how this times out so that when the game is unplayable it will be Saturday, lol. These guys must have worked for Nintendo.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I think putting together a team that can constantly get its act together by round 5 (with some insane help from infinity gems) isn't that much of an ask, really.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    This seems really easy to me almost the total opposite of Boss Rush.  Finishing Thanos in less than 6 turns in nearly every fight.  Even in round 7.  

The blue gem is almost an instant win with the right team.  I've been using X-Force Wolverine, Starlord and Ant-man since they are boosted and any power is pretty much bringing Thanos down super quick.  

The side nodes did jump significantly for me though so that might slow things down a bit.  Especially tomorrow when they jump again.  By then though I'll probably be past top progression and my alliance will have finished.  I like the puzzle aspect but think Thanos needs to be buffed a bit health-wise to make him at least somewhat challenging.  Otherwise a really fun event.  
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I've been running with X-Wolvie, Ant-Man, and Gamora. All colors with active powers that can bring down Thanos quick like. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll wait to see what round 8 brings, but so far had a blast with Antman, Drax and OML, despite the lack of green user. I worked out Antman purple followed by Drax purple followed by Antman does 40k for me (if you get purple from the blue token)
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017

Anyone have a Drax I can borrow!!  Grrrrr!!!

I am using a 5* lineup of Strange, Thanos and Goblin, usually able to beat him in 10 moves or less.

• Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Why is the yellow gem burst heal!? 

it is an infinity stone.. it should be all powerful.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overall, I am enjoying this event!  It's been a lot of fun using that Gauntlet for my own devious purposes.

That being said, spending 10 minutes on an essential wave node only to kill Round 7 Thanos in 2 turns makes things feel a little underwhelming.

TAKE HOME MESSAGE:  Dial down the essentials.  Keep Boss the same.  (This can be said of every single run of any boss event).
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    been using 

mag.. red hulk and   cant find someone yet that needs pink or  black... no problems so far though round 6
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    4Clops, Gwenpool, and Moon Knight have been excellent. All champs and full color active coverage.

As you could guess, I got 30 AP in yellow once... But as long as I'm sure to put Gwen in the middle of the line-up, the team's strongest color is purple. Therefore, Cyke's yellow makes TU matches earn the very useful purple for her.
    I re-spec MK to 5/5/3 so that his purple passive does lots more during the battle, and Gwen's green hits even harder than MK's for just 10 green.

Agreed that this event is excellent overall. There will always be comments about scaling, but a Boss Event should be hard, and rewarding. The individual rewards could be increased a bit, but the alliance rewards are great. 
    Lets remember to commend the good work that's been put into this events design. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    My alliance is a little more than halfway through round 7 at this point and it has really been a cake walk. More often than not I can defeat Thanos before his infinity gauntlet tile even goes off. The blue gem (30 ap) is fantastic, though I'm running Phoenix, XFW, and Drax so yellow and blue are a bust. The red and black gems I try to target first also. The side nodes are definitely a little harder but by no means impossible. I'm happy with the scale up- if the nodes didn't get harder than this event would be boring for those with 4*-5* rosters. Thanos is just a little too easy to defeat, in my opinion. Doesn't feel like the all powerful being he is supposed to be......